2024 DT Francis Brewu - Thomas Worthington HS (Columbus, OH) offered -Pitt Commit

Yes, I get it, but you have to look at why in this cycle and that has mostly been about geography where these top players have chose to stay close to home.

They're just doing what the top SF prospects are not doing. You can't have it both ways. Wanting 5-star SF players to stay home, but be upset when OOS 5-stars stay home.

All of the DT misses have chosen to stay close to home. With Scott, he wanted to come to Miami, but mom wanted him closer to home and with Stone, the family wanted him at Miami and he wanted OU. Mom said do what makes you happy. Franklin chose Ole Miss. There was no other reason than home for him to chose them. I'm sure he got a big bag, but Miami and Auburn would have matched or paid more and he visited UM around 6 times.

These guys will be hard to flip because home is where the heart is. I can't blame the coaches for that.
My entire reply was to point out that stating we have a top 5 DL class was a misnomer to the actual discussion. Also I never indicated nor said that I didn’t understand what you posted in reply. CFB like most businesses is about results. The mission has thus far been a failure. Good news is that there is still time on the clock to fix it but as of right now, as I said it’s a failure.

Advertisement
For the guys that don’t like this check
The NFL draft recently. Too bad we couldn’t add that D line coach man

You need to a dose of reality. The misses have been largely because these 5-star recruits wanted to stay at home. It's their decision. You can't pass blame because they want to stay at or be close to home. You can, but that's just mopery.

This DL class as it stands is better than any class of the previous regime.
If we were never in it for the 5-stars a la previous regimes, you'd be perfectly happy. You need to adjust your expectations. We are not at NSD.

Your other comments are not relevant to this thread.
The reality you speak of is Mario knows this isn’t good enough. It’s his job to win-over “their decision”. I doubt he’s patting himself on the back for outproducing Danny Miaz. The bold is just weak mindset. Thankfully Mario doesn’t believe that. The standard is the standard. If you don’t reach it, work harder. Mario101.

Advertisement
You need to a dose of reality. The misses have been largely because these 5-star recruits wanted to stay at home. It's their decision. You can't pass blame because they want to stay at or be close to home. You can, but that's just mopery.

This DL class as it stands is better than any class of the previous regime.
If we were never in it for the 5-stars a la previous regimes, you'd be perfectly happy. You need to adjust your expectations. We are not at NSD.

Your other comments are not relevant to this thread.
Respectfully why do any of us have to adjust our expectations? It’s not like Mario took a CIS/Twitter poll on who should be on his target list. He knew we were 5-7. He knew where these guys were from and how hard it is to land 5 stars. These are HIS TARGETS! He SET the expectations!

Furthermore even he hasn’t adjusted HIS expectations as by ALL accounts he intends to continue to recruit every single one of these targets as they had never committed.

You’re right it’s not ESD and he’s going to continue to scratch and claw for every one of these guys and he may just land a few. But if he doesn’t it’s a failure regardless of whatever shortcomings he had going into these recruitments. No one knows that better than he does.

Respectfully why do any of us have to adjust our expectations? It’s not like Mario took a CIS/Twitter poll on who should be on his target list. He knew we were 5-7. He knew where these guys were from and how hard it is to land 5 stars. These are HIS TARGETS! He SET the expectations!

Furthermore even he hasn’t adjusted HIS expectations as by ALL accounts he intends to continue to recruit every single one of these targets as they had never committed.

You’re right it’s not ESD and he’s going to continue to scratch and claw for every one of these guys and he may just land a few. But if he doesn’t it’s a failure regardless of whatever shortcomings he had going into these recruitments. No one knows that better than he does.
So, we didn't get them and we may not. I just don't think people should be complaining given how things have unfolded. These kids wanted to stay home. What can you do? Keep plodding and hope they change their minds.

Advertisement
200.gif
I’m tellin ya

Advertisement
Advertisement
No but there's only so many 5* and it's ok to recruit defensive linemen that Charlie Partridge likes.
This is an awful take. Partridge has shown the ability to consistently identify and develop players like this and turn them into really good college players and even NFL players. Joe doesn’t have anywhere near the same track record.

This is an awful take. Partridge has shown the ability to consistently identify and develop players like this and turn them into really good college players and even NFL players. Joe doesn’t have anywhere near the same track record.

You literally started with the word INDENTIFY

So that's the starting point…

View attachment 253657

Our record last year has very little to nothing to do with this recruiting cycle. I wish you guys would stop repeating that same stupid *** narrative. That **** has been squashed in numerous other threads.

It hasn't been "squashed" by anything lol…Multiple sides give an opinion

If you don't think recruits remember Pitt, FSU, MTSU performances at Hard Rock you are out of your mind.

Advertisement
Back