2024 DT Francis Brewu - Thomas Worthington HS (Columbus, OH) offered -Pitt Commit

Advertisement
I heard they really like this kid. Still targeting (and intend to land) big names after some wins on the field. Let’s see.
Yup. Not worried. Joe got us.
IMG_2314.jpeg

Advertisement
He also has a brother who is a 2026 CB. Definitely D1 and I’d say early on looks like a P5 recruit.

Advertisement
Had a chance to chop it up with him today at their freshman game...... He likes what Miami has to offer over Pitt.... only negative is distance but he trusts the staff to help him adjust....I explained Miami fit for his body type.....He's like 6'2 athletically built with guns....good part he already knows Miami is a better fit than Pitt...they don't want him to take anymore visits...but he plans to visit Miami within the next two weeks....

Had a chance to chop it up with him today at their freshman game...... He likes what Miami has to offer over Pitt.... only negative is distance but he trusts the staff to help him adjust....I explained Miami fit for his body type.....He's like 6'2 athletically built with guns....good part he already knows Miami is a better fit than Pitt...they don't want him to take anymore visits...but he plans to visit Miami within the next two weeks....
Aye mane, just say the word and I'm there within 2 hours. We can close him for Mario.

Advertisement
"Brewu’s numbers came in the form of 395 pounds in the bench press, a 595-pound squat and a 280-pound power clean, good enough for 1,270 total pounds." 3.58 GPA as well

“Francis is a beacon for us,” Picetti said. “He’s going to be a two-time captain and he doesn’t get into trouble outside of school. He’s a model student and a model player. A lot of coaches actually call him a unicorn.”

Those college recruiters refer to Brewu as a “unicorn” because the fact is players who play what is known as the three-technique on the interior of the defensive line aren’t always as committed to taking care of themselves on and off the field the way Brewu has been.

“They don’t come along too often,” Picetti elaborated. “He’s put himself in a position where he’s earned everything that is coming his way.”

Brewu is currently 6-foot-2 and 275 pounds, with hopes of playing around 285 at the next level.

Advertisement
Considering Pitts history of identifying and developing DTs, I'm surprised how many people were against this in the first few pages lol
Sour grapes with another 3 star after whiffing on every other high ranked DL target outside of Lightfoot and Jones

He’s extremely active and plays really hard. Strongest kid I’ve ever seen there at the school. If he can put on a little bit more good weight, he will be a disruptive player. He’s pretty good. Michigan St and Wisconsin are on him as well.

Advertisement
Back