2024 DT Francis Brewu - Thomas Worthington HS (Columbus, OH) offered -Pitt Commit

After their game with Pitt this Saturday...

200.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
This..

It's not far fetched for a lineman to put on 20-30lbs after 2 years in a P5 S&C program.
It all comes down to how much muscle mass they have already added in HS, how old are they (16 or 19), and if they are willing to do a little extra to add more muscle. 90% of kids can add 20-30lbs in the first year because they aren't maxing out their muscle in HS, they have tons of T and HGH running through them, and get a serious diet and strength program vs fast food / HS coaches.

TAKE! Don't know why I just seen this jits film. Kid is the goods. Good leverage, Nice get off, angry hands, and quick feet. Nice inside pass rush. He's relentless. Definite fit for Guidry's defense.

I think he’s pretty good. Makes himself “skinny” and splits doubles quite a bit.

Definitely fits Guidrys defense.

Edit: just watched more and he’s split out at end as well. This kid is made for Guidry.

Advertisement
According to rivals, visited Michigan State this weekend and “loved how hard they played” against Maryland, if that’s our competition, I like our chances. Must be one of the only positives he can take out of that performance lol

For DTs they don’t have to be 6’6 to make an impact. Average height for them in the league is only 6’3” and 308 LBs. That’s attainable for this kid. It’s a game of leverage and the lowest man wins so if you’re not extremely tall you are have to bend a lot to be the lowest man. Pause. If you’re asking your DT to just stand there and get bear hugged by two ninjas and clog **** up (and try n bat some balls down) that’s different. pause

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This is going to be a very important evaluation.
I think you're right, but could you expand a little bit as to why you think this is an important eval...? Is it more about the player or more about the future of Coach Joe?

Too many of these not terrible offers (at d line, corner, QB, etc) and Pitt, Wisconsin, etc becomes our ceiling. We aren’t paying Mario $80mm and giving him a top tier NIL budget to be Pitt. But I understand your point.
We're paying him 80 million to do exactly what he is doing! And our ceiling is out of sight considering how we look in year 2!

Advertisement
Back