2024 DT Francis Brewu - Thomas Worthington HS (Columbus, OH) offered -Pitt Commit

I mean we went from this…

View attachment 253376
giphy (4).gif

Advertisement
I think coach Joe does a pretty good job with the DTs, is professional and puts in the work with even with trying to recruit. He absolutely helps with the Poly connection and you need a couple no nonsense dudes on staff. He just isnt Charismatic in a sales/talent acquisition role. Would be nice if they could retain him in an off field capacity and bring in a proven recruiter at that slot.

I think coach Joe does a pretty good job with the DTs, is professional and puts in the work with even with trying to recruit. He absolutely helps with the Poly connection and you need a couple no nonsense dudes on staff. He just isnt Charismatic in a sales/talent acquisition role. Would be nice if they could retain him in an off field capacity and bring in a proven recruiter at that slot.
I like this.

PATRIDGE ME

Last edited:
Advertisement
This or he finds an NFL job, where recruiting isn't an issue.

Pitt as a whole hasnt been much, but Pitt's DL has been very good to elite for many years. Not saying this kid is as good as those we've missed on so far, but he could be part of a good future base and then get the stars after we have a better season this year ( fingers crossed).
I feel like the ceiling this way is conf championship / major bowl
We need to forget Pitt and copy Clemson
I was hoping the new ad would have brought over some tricks with him
Cuz Dabo may be an ex wr but he knows it’s about the dts and dline
Even without venables
Dabo keeps stacking away at the Dline

Swung for the fences, missed, now pivoting. I’m not overly concerned. Bring your plan b’s in if they don’t work, portal. Start with a good season. If we come out slow and shaky with TVD moping, then I’ll be concerned.

Swung for the fences, missed, now pivoting. I’m not overly concerned. Bring your plan b’s in if they don’t work, portal. Start with a good season. If we come out slow and shaky with TVD moping, then I’ll be concerned.

I’m actually somewhat encouraged. NIL was my biggest concern, as I knew Ruiz was a disaster. I have knowledge of the offers we’ve put out recently and they really surprised me. As long as we maintain that in the coming years, I’m pretty sure our recruiting will get better and better, presuming we improve on the field. Biggest obstacle we have is the conference we play in. If we can’t reasonably sell the prospect of moving to B10, then we’re never going to get real traction with top players. None of these elite guys want to play in the ACC.

Advertisement
I don't expect us to finish this bad but our current predicament warrants whatever negativity that comes with overpromising and underdelivering. It's not mopey. It's observant.
You guys do realize that right now, even with the misses, we have the #5 DL class in the country per ON3.

Yes they are misses, but not bad misses. Just about all have decided to stay home and Scott who wanted to come to UM, went along with mom and stayed closer to home at Ohio State.

It sucks, but I can't blame the staff. After a 5-7 record, we've been fortunate to be in these recruiting battles. With all these guys, we've been in it to the end and it isn't really the end until NSD.

I'm just trying to hold out these last 2 days of my "No Moping" month. They kept saying "bbq", end of June fireworks" "wait til July" "it's only the first week in August" "wait til season starts and we start winning" "long time til December" "we Flippin the big ones on Feb signing day" "spring portal going to be hot" "it's just the start of spring practice!" ...... rinse and repeat.

Advertisement
You guys do realize that right now, even with the misses, we have the #5 DL class in the country per ON3.

Yes they are misses, but not bad misses. Just about all have decided to stay home and Scott who wanted to come to UM, went along with mom and stayed closer to home at Ohio State.

It sucks, but I can't blame the staff. After a 5-7 record, we've been fortunate to be in these recruiting battles. With all these guys, we've been in it to the end and it isn't really the end until NSD.
All fair. At the end of the day, so is the criticism.

If you go 5-7 but lose each game by one score or less, you still went 5-7. You don’t get paid 8 million a year to come in 2nd place. Nature of the beast.

DT recruitment simply is not good enough, period.

Thats because EDGE/DE recruiting has been very good. It was very good last year as well. The issue is DT and the fact that we have only brought in 2 the previous two cycles and are mostly striking out this cycle.

Advertisement
All fair. At the end of the day, so is the criticism.

If you go 5-7 but lose each game by one score or less, you still went 5-7. You don’t get paid 8 million a year to come in 2nd place. Nature of the beast.

DT recruitment simply is not good enough, period.
You need to a dose of reality. The misses have been largely because these 5-star recruits wanted to stay at home. It's their decision. You can't pass blame because they want to stay at or be close to home. You can, but that's just mopery.

This DL class as it stands is better than any class of the previous regime.
If we were never in it for the 5-stars a la previous regimes, you'd be perfectly happy. You need to adjust your expectations. We are not at NSD.

Your other comments are not relevant to this thread.

Thats because EDGE/DE recruiting has been very good. It was very good last year as well. The issue is DT and the fact that we have only brought in 2 the previous two cycles and are mostly striking out this cycle.
Yes, I get it, but you have to look at why in this cycle and that has mostly been about geography where these top players have chose to stay close to home.

They're just doing what the top SF prospects are not doing. You can't have it both ways. Wanting 5-star SF players to stay home, but be upset when OOS 5-stars stay home.

All of the DT misses have chosen to stay close to home. With Scott, he wanted to come to Miami, but mom wanted him closer to home and with Stone, the family wanted him at Miami and he wanted OU. Mom said do what makes you happy. Franklin chose Ole Miss. There was no other reason than home for him to chose them. I'm sure he got a big bag, but Miami and Auburn would have matched or paid more and he visited UM around 6 times.

These guys will be hard to flip because home is where the heart is. I can't blame the coaches for that.

Advertisement
Back