DT David Ryslik Rivals Update

I don't think it's impossible to turn a 2 or 3 star DT into a good player. I think the bigger concern is Franklin's ability, or lack thereof, to coach our DL up.

I would be much more concerned with the talent level of the DT's and the scheme then Jethro's coaching. Miami is not winning the championship with a roster full of Ryan Fines and David Ryslik at DT.

Can they at least become Seniors in HS before you determine what type of player they're going to be Gator fan?

Advertisement
I don't think it's impossible to turn a 2 or 3 star DT into a good player. I think the bigger concern is Franklin's ability, or lack thereof, to coach our DL up.

I would be much more concerned with the talent level of the DT's and the scheme then Jethro's coaching. Miami is not winning the championship with a roster full of Ryan Fines and David Ryslik at DT.

Can they at least become Seniors in HS before you determine what type of player they're going to be Gator fan?

Why does this pussayfart still post here....

Great question but a possibly better one is how does he get likes by trying to tell us what type of players will win us championships when all he's doing is bashing our current commits?

Great question but a possibly better one is how does he get likes by trying to tell us what type of players will win us championships when all he's doing is bashing our current commits?
Because I say and do a lot more positive things than say a kid is an average DT prospect. Also I think it is crazy people continue to attack Jethro's coaching ability when you see what he has had to work with and the scheme he has had to coach in.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I guess there is no reason to talk about any of these kids before they enter college go through U tough and see them on the field

Because I say and do a lot more positive things than say a kid is an average DT prospect.

And like I said let the kid at least play his senior year of High School because god forbid 2 kids actually develop at the age of 17. Now IF I decide to go on a Gators board and tell them that their commits are average then you'll have a point but until then I will have a problem when you decide you can judge my teams commits

And like I said let the kid at least play his senior year of High School because god forbid 2 kids actually develop at the age of 17. Now IF I decide to go on a Gators board and tell them that their commits are average then you'll have a point but until then I will have a problem when you decide you can judge my teams commits
One of the kids is not even a Miami commit he is a prospect that has an offer that probably has to camp . Nobody said he was not going to develop. Good chance if he comes to Miami he will be developed by Jethro but kids have a ceiling.

Last edited:

Because I say and do a lot more positive things than say a kid is an average DT prospect. Also I think it is crazy people continue to attack Jethro's coaching ability when you see what he has had to work with and the scheme he has had to coach in.

That scheme you speak of smacked your ***** *** Gaytors around to the tune of 5 turnovers and was responsible for the win. But hey, thanks for bashing our coaches Gaytor.

Advertisement

Because I say and do a lot more positive things than say a kid is an average DT prospect.

Only a loser goes on a rivals blog to post. This is our loser.

That scheme you speak of smacked your **** *** Gaytors around to the tune of 5 turnovers and was responsible for the win. But hey, thanks for bashing our coaches Gaytor.
Pretty much everybody smacked UF around last year. But yeah saying Jethro can coach is really bashing him.

All these white boys this is strange

I guess AG has had enough with black boy SoFla DTs....

Posters alway gotta go racial

One thing you can say: white boys have high motors! They're useless otherwise: Just ask all the great white DTs we've had over the years: Dan Connors, Bob Tatarek, Don Smith, Kevin ***an, Tony Cristiani, Greg Mark (also DE), Bill Hawkins....

Advertisement

I wonder about that too, until he proves it. Still, his coaching pedigree is pretty good: Pete Carroll plus several stops in the NFL. You think these guys who hired him know something, and they like him as a coach. The fact Pete did not take him to Seattle does not necessarily mean that much: when Carroll hired his former OL coach at USC, former UM player Golden (Pat) Ruel, he only brought him in as asst. OL coach, not the OL coach.

I can't figure out what the problem is with our defense--how much is scheme and coaching, how much is mediocre talent. There wasn't much talent in the front seven except perhaps for Perryman. Chick would have been better if playing with better talent next to him. This is something I just can't figure out. I still think our scheme would not be a problem if we could execute it. It might be too complicated for college players, asking them to do too much. A consistent 4-3 might be simpler and easier to execute. Carroll said that his scheme was simplified for USC--what he's doing now would be too complicated for a college team.

The defense we're running is more complicated and usually takes 3 years to get the right pieces to make it work. We all think the schemes are ****, but if you watch the Pittsburgh Steelers a lot of the concepts are very similar. The difference is the execution. I think this year out defense will surprise people. Three players in camp that stick out to me are AQM, Figueroa and Jamal Carter. They are very explosive and physical and fit what the D is looking for.

Shayon Green was slow and stiff, Armbrister was weak and hesitant and Rodgers looked scared of contact. The D is starting to come together and I really like where it's going. If Wyche or Herteulou can solidify the NT spot we will be very good.

I don't know how sure you are about us running the same schemes as Pittsburgh, but if that's true that may be a big reason we're not executing on defense. This is college football; not the NFL. Pittsburgh has one of the most complicated defenses in the NFL and if we're running anything similar to that then that's a problem. Our players get what, 20 hours a week with coaches to practice and film study with coaches?

It seems like this defense has too many reads on any one play for the DL and because of that we play slow. The scheme needs to be dumbed down for college players.

Advertisement
That scheme you speak of smacked your **** *** Gaytors around to the tune of 5 turnovers and was responsible for the win. But hey, thanks for bashing our coaches Gaytor.
Pretty much everybody smacked UF around last year. But yeah saying Jethro can coach is really bashing him.

GD you're retarded. Not even going to attempt to explain.

Lol IHTP killed u with nothing but the truth n u tried 2 bait him with our win n he stillk ept it together, good posters like IHTP dont let feelings get involved like women. We just smile hit u with facts n good opinions n u cant get us mad because we dont care. Everything he said was true, your coaching skills r good based on who u recruit. U think Stacy Coley needs a coach? Dude is always open even if he was playing at Buffalo.

Last edited:

GD you're retarded. Not even going to attempt to explain.

Lol IHTP killed u with nothing but the truth n u tried 2 bait him with our win n he stillk ept it together, good posters like IHTP dont let feelings get involved like women. We just smile hit u with facts n good opinions n u cant get us mad because we dont care. Everything he said was true, your coaching skills r good based on who u recruit. U think Stacy Coley needs a coach? Dude is always open even if he was playing at Buffalo.

Hello McFly! Florida has higher rated recruits then us!

I don't know how sure you are about us running the same schemes as Pittsburgh, but if that's true that may be a big reason we're not executing on defense. This is college football; not the NFL. Pittsburgh has one of the most complicated defenses in the NFL and if we're running anything similar to that then that's a problem. Our players get what, 20 hours a week with coaches to practice and film study with coaches?

It seems like this defense has too many reads on any one play for the DL and because of that we play slow. The scheme needs to be dumbed down for college players.

They were able to do it at temple, why can't they run it here?

They were able to do it at temple, why can't they run it here?

The defense at temple was not good like ppl make it out to be...

Advertisement
Back