2023 DT Board (2023 Edition)

Very interesting take by Flo on his show tonight about Kinsler. Like everyone else says, Flo likes Kinsler's quick feet. However, he says Kinsler's DT tape much more impressive than his OL work and he likes him as a DT

This going to be like Slaton who ended up
At DT?

Advertisement
After reading this post from @Brooklyndee , I'm feeling much better than Mario & crew have defensive recruiting under control. They are moving in stealth like ninajas and we just don't have visibility to what's going on. I have a feeling that Billy and the G5s have more heart ache in store.

Multiple posts in the John Walker thread that the Gates are feeling good about where they stand with Walker. When will Billy and the G5s learn?

Multiple posts in the John Walker thread that the Gates are feeling good about where they stand with Walker. When will Billy and the G5s learn?

Let's all just sit back and let things play out. Only point is we traction with people and at positions not being spoke about. Just remember Mario has a goal of showing the college football world we back at every level. That starts with a #1 class. It's a possibility this year. But a couple things gotta break our way obviously. My 2 cents about walker, he's gonna be elite. Let's just stay on the path and hope dt haul is him,Greene & atleast one of the 2 bama boys. Trenches on both sides of the ball is a priority for this class

Advertisement
Let's just stay on the path and hope dt haul is him,Greene & atleast one of the 2 bama boys. Trenches on both sides of the ball is a priority for this class
Hicks missing from your list? Intentional or oversight?

Edit: still would be very happy with that class and would indicate we have 4 DT slots (at least) available in 2023.

Let's all just sit back and let things play out. Only point is we traction with people and at positions not being spoke about. Just remember Mario has a goal of showing the college football world we back at every level. That starts with a #1 class. It's a possibility this year. But a couple things gotta break our way obviously. My 2 cents about walker, he's gonna be elite. Let's just stay on the path and hope dt haul is him,Greene & atleast one of the 2 bama boys. Trenches on both sides of the ball is a priority for this class

:sideeyes:
@Liberty City El

The state of Alabama has a lot of DT’s in this class...

I’m assuming BKDee is referring to the 5-star Carver boys James Smith & Jaquavious Russaw.

But, there’s also Kelby Collins, Hunter Osborne, Connor Knight & a bunch others.

Knight was seen as an early Miami lean back in March, but I dont’ think he’s take in this class as of yet.

Look anything is possible & we’re recruiting at a level we’ve never seen, but the idea of getting a kid 5-star DT like James Smith away from Bama or UGA is a bit unfathomable to me, not saying it can’t happen, just don’t really see too many scenarios in which it would at this stage.

But who knows, stranger things have happened 🤷🏽‍♂️ lol

I’m assuming BKDee is referring to the 5-star Carver boys James Smith & Jaquavious Russaw.

But, there’s also Kelby Collins, Hunter Osborne, Connor Knight & a bunch others.

Knight was seen as an early Miami lean back in March, but I dont’ think he’s take in this class as of yet.

Look anything is possible & we’re recruiting at a level we’ve never seen, but the idea of getting a kid 5-star DT like James Smith away from Bama or UGA is a bit unfathomable to me, not saying it can’t happen, just don’t really see too many scenarios in which it would at this stage.

Yes, but I'll let @Brooklyndee confirm. Like I said, it's been real quiet on their recruitment and I'm sure it's a bag war but I'm morbidly curious if we're sticking our nose in it.

Advertisement
Creating a thread to discuss DT recruits. Doesn't seem we're trending well with several candidates that we know about so I'd like to discuss our known priorities and potentially other DTs that we may be silently after. We seem to be recruiting these DTs the hardest (comes from @supacane list). Anyone know/have a feel for the staff priorities in this list and potentially other priority targets

2023 Known Priorities
  • David Hicks
  • James Smith (I haven't seen an update on him in a long time, probably not a good sign)
2023 Potential Targets
  • John Walker (trending OSU?, Gates supposedly feeling confident (as usual))
  • Darron Reed (trending LSU)
  • LeBlanc (we're not in his final 3)
  • Jordan "Big Baby" Hall. Manny did his best to alienate him, but Mario has repaired the damage and we're in his top 10)
  • Terrance "Mean" Green. In his final 5.
2023 Misses/Whiffs/Deprioritizations
  • Sydir Mitchell (bought into the Arch hype/momentum and committed to Texas)

And as usual, what we take in 23 might impact 24 from a spacing standpoint. Will update the OP when more names are available but as usual @Paranos & @Liberty City El provide us the starting point for DTs. I don't see a lot of 2024 DTs being discussed so I definitely need help with the names.

2024 Priorities

TBD

2024 Targets

• D’antre Robinson (Orlando Jones)
  • Dimitry Nicolas (Pace)
  • Jabari Dukes (Champagnat)
  • Jordan Thomas (Don Bosco)
  • Nigel Smith Jr Melissa TX
  • TA Cunningham Alpharetta GA
  • Xavier Porter
  • Eddy Pierre-louis
Thank you.

This offensive recruiting success has been stellar, but DT and LB are really what I want to start hearing about.

Advertisement

We are recruiting one of the Bama DTs way harder than the media knows.

That one I won't say tho. Gotta sneak up on some ppl.

Advertisement
tHE CRAZY PART IS.....Thomas Davis looks to be a kid that if you just get him on the field he will be productive.

He actually looked good this spring. Im still moderately high on him as a player i can see a Tool box Trent type career.
The two best pass rushers in the spring were Thomas Davis and Cyrus Moss. One guy is short, the other is rail thin. Neither should start but both should get reps in third down packages. We’re going to be pretty multiple up front so we’ll likely get some looks with one or the other in a standup Rush linebacker type role.

No legit war daddy this year outside of smith and Mitchell and I don’t think Mitchell is that good.

Smith’s recruitment, though, appears really quiet. Would love to snag him in this cycle but hugely unlikely.

Hicks will be a very tough pull even though he and his dad like Miami. That said, I can’t imagine it will be a 1 DT class in Bain.
Pulling Hicks would be Mario's masterpiece thus far. That would be an insane pull.

Advertisement
Back