2023 DT Board (2023 Edition)

Advertisement
Look anything is possible & we’re recruiting at a level we’ve never seen, but the idea of getting a kid 5-star DT like James Smith away from Bama or UGA is a bit unfathomable to me, not saying it can’t happen, just don’t really see too many scenarios in which it would at this stage.

But who knows, stranger things have happened 🤷🏽‍♂️ lol
It is unfathomable. This is why I put it as CIS recruiting law #3.

You can't pull a 4*/5* DT from Alabama that the Tide wants.

Mario is methodically invalidating all of our previous laws/rules when it comes to recruiting. How much longer will this one last?

Advertisement
Holy **** I didn’t realize five of the top10 DT’s were all in Alabama. Top 3 (Smith/Woods/Collins) are uncommitted, Faulk (Fsu), and Parker(Psu).

The state of Alabama has a lot of DT’s in this class...

I’m assuming BKDee is referring to the 5-star Carver boys James Smith & Jaquavious Russaw.

But, there’s also Kelby Collins, Hunter Osborne, Connor Knight & a bunch others.

DT board in the OP expanded to include

• Jaquavious Russaw
  • Peter Woods (100% crystal balled to Bama)
  • Kelby Collins
  • Hunter Osborne
  • Connor Knight (is he a take?)
I'm starting to feel better that there are DTs out there, Mario just needs to close on a couple.

Advertisement
The state of Alabama has a lot of DT’s in this class...

I’m assuming BKDee is referring to the 5-star Carver boys James Smith & Jaquavious Russaw.

But, there’s also Kelby Collins, Hunter Osborne, Connor Knight & a bunch others.

Knight was seen as an early Miami lean back in March, but I dont’ think he’s take in this class as of yet.

Look anything is possible & we’re recruiting at a level we’ve never seen, but the idea of getting a kid 5-star DT like James Smith away from Bama or UGA is a bit unfathomable to me, not saying it can’t happen, just don’t really see too many scenarios in which it would at this stage.

But who knows, stranger things have happened 🤷🏽‍♂️ lol
you're right, anything is possible.

one thing i always think about when it comes to evaluating the DL.

back in the day, i remember sitting in a talk given by butch davis. he said that you can follow all the recruiting services and star systems you want, but the simple fact is that each year, there are only 10 truly great DL in each class. Other positions have a lot more great players. You can find WR's or RB's, or Safeties, or even develop great OL's from guys that don't start out that way. DL is just different. He said the keys are: finding those 10 (recognizing that some of your 10 are not going to be rated as 5 star guys in the recruiting services), and then, recruiting the **** out of them.

Advertisement
We all have to nut up. Mario and staff have more than killed it on the trail in the few months that they’ve been here. Mario will not let them fail. It’s not in his recruiting DNA.

I honestly have no clue which DT’s will end up signing with us, but I’ll bet anyone on this site that Mario ends up with at least 2 of the top rated DT’s this cycle. The man is relentless, and has a charisma and personality that is real, and sells itself. These kids can smell bullshyt from a mile away, case in point Sun Belt Billy and Cornrow Mike.

Checked James Smith's Twitter likes to if there was anything Miami related.. let's just say the most recent like is very NSFW 😲
I remember when he visited. He visited with another player from Bama, probably Russaw. And the way they spoke struck me as kids who are open to leaving Bama. Now I didn't give it much credence as its difficult to take kids outa there even from other SEC schools. Now with Mario its possible. Have to see how genuine it is if he takes an OV. He taken 1 so far.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back