DT Antonio Alfano

They send you home and then your *** better get back. I never said he shouldn’t go hone, but using your family as an excuse for an out? That was my point.
Nowhere in my post did I say he shouldn’t even miss a practice for a family member.
Also, the Marines did send me home for a week (as I stated in my post). Never said I chose not to go to my own mother’s funeral. I was offered an out after I got back and I didn’t take it.
If you think that’s brainwashing then I don’t know what to tell you.

Using your family as an excuse?

Everyone goes through sht in life and can’t just pick up and run back home. It’s called being an adult.
Kid is either looking for an excuse to bounce or has something else going on. Plenty of kids have family losses while away and most of them stay.

That's your post, he shouldn’t go home cause an adult would stay no matter the family losses.
Is great you re such a high speed marine.
I served with the 1st marine division in Fallujah. I was part of a task force that attached 2-2 inf bn 1st in div with you guys.
During war time your fellow marines or soldiers are your family. I respect the heck out of the marines.
But to say going home for a family death is a way out is plain stupid. Hopefully you didn't have the decision of fellow Marines going home in your hands.
I let a soldier go home for a sick wife, stayed undermanned rather than force that soldier to stay in theater with his mind back home.

Advertisement
Using your family as an excuse?

That's your post, he shouldn’t go home cause an adult would stay no matter the family losses.
Is great you re such a high speed marine.
I served with the 1st marine division in Fallujah. I was part of a task force that attached 2-2 inf bn 1st in div with you guys.
During war time your fellow marines or soldiers are your family. I respect the heck out of the marines.
But to say going home for a family death is a way out is plain stupid. Hopefully you didn't have the decision of fellow Marines going home in your hands.
I let a soldier go home for a sick wife, stayed undermanned rather than force that soldier to stay in theater with his mind back home.
The entire discussion was about him transferring.
When I said leave I meant leave the team.

Last edited:
Severe emotional and psychological issues due to the illness of an elderly relative are not normal reactions. I know, everyone grieves in their own way. But a relatively mature adult can process a grandmother up there in age getting sick and facing death.
Actually it's quite normal.

Advertisement
He just enrolled in a Juco school. I’d def keep an eye on him and start recruiting him because he may pull a Phillips type of rebound.

He just enrolled in a Juco school. I’d def keep an eye on him and start recruiting him because he may pull a Phillips type of rebound.
Don’t think this would preclude him from enrolling at Miami in Summer once we had counters available

Last edited:
Advertisement
IMG_6343.jpeg

Wtf happened to this guy

Advertisement
Advertisement
I believe he had a few horrible things happen with his family and he went into a bad spiral. I think he’s also got some mental health issues. It’s been a while but I remember seeing some stuff about what he was going through. Always thought he would have been a Cane haha

Popped up on my TL, looks like he's back to playing ball. At Lackawanna CC, same spot as Colbie Young and Mt. McKinnie.

Ole Miss, UCF, Tenn, LSU, & Texas all offered this month. Handful of G5 offers as well.

Advertisement
Back