DT Antonio Alfano

I don’t think that’s the case, but ok. Again, if you’re somewhat mature with a grip on reality, that alone shouldn’t cause severe mental issues and emotional issue.
I’m pretty sure his dad or parents have weighed in on his potential transfer.
Matador is just guessing here anyway. Kid has issues.
I agree. I am just guessing, but perhaps reasonable speculation. I have no way of knowing what's going on. I do think UM might be a little more human than Bama. They seem to be very mercenary, with a lot of kids leaving ( maybe pushed out) when the five star comes in, performs like a 3-star, and Saban wants him out to make way for a new five- star.

Advertisement

Attachments

• woooooo(1).gif
    woooooo(1).gif
    897 KB · Views: 1
Severe emotional and psychological issues due to the illness of an elderly relative are not normal reactions. I know, everyone grieves in their own way. But a relatively mature adult can process a grandmother up there in age getting sick and facing death.

We all handle things differently. I lost my grandmother around that same time in my life, first or second year of college, and I never really processed it. That was as much a sign of immaturity as being overly affected by it. It wasn't until later in life that death started to affect me on a more emotional and real level.

Also, don't forget, to many of these kids, Grandma is more than just a grandmother, for some of them, she may be their rock and their primary parental influence. Sometimes, the only really good thing in their lives, other than maybe football.

We don't know what he is really going through, so try to avoid judging or making declaratory statements when you don't really know what's going on. Just my two cents and not directed specifically at @5XNC.

Best to the kid and his family, but as far as Miami and right now, we've got a season to play and my take is, "pass". That said, if the kid is talented enough, the staff has to do their due diligence and kick the tires.

He needs personal time to get his life back together right now. I don’t believe he’s having a normal reaction to what’s supposedly going on, but it’s not my place to judge either. He is a **** of a talent and I hope he gets an opportunity to display it. Would love to have him here if things worked out like that, but doesn’t seem very likely.

Advertisement
From what I hear he wasn’t going to class before all of this either. So I don’t think it’s just one thing.

Unfairly, UM is one of the worst-positioned schools to work toward becoming the old Oakland Raiders of college football.

Advertisement
I don't think he will be coming down here but Gerald Willis also had issues. Miami really does not do a good job of recruiting NJ in the first place. For some reason they are going to NYC. It makes no sense when all the best school in the area are in Northern NJ. The highest-ranked team in NY (Cardinal Haynes) is ranked 646 in the country and was blown out by St. Joes Montvale 33-7. You have a 20-mile radius that can be covered in a weekend. St. Joes, Bergen Catholic, Paramus Catholic, Depaul, and St Peters Prep who all are in the same division, play each other weekly and also travels across the country to play other states. All have D 1 talent and all are being picked off by Penn State, OSU, and Michigan.

Last edited:
I don't think he will be coming down here but Gerald Willis also had issues. Miami really does not do a good job of recruiting NJ in the first place. For some reason they are going to NYC. It makes no sense when all the best school in the area are in Northern NJ. The highest-ranked team in NY (Cardinal Haynes) is ranked 646 in the country and was blown out by St. Joes Montvale 33-7. You have a 20-mile radius that can be covered in a weekend. St. Joes, Bergen Catholic, Paramus Catholic, Depaul, and St Peters Prep who all are in the same division, play each other weekly and also travels across the country to play other states. All have D 1 talent and all are being picked off by Penn State, OSU, and Michigan.
And the ones going to Penn St...OSU and Meatchicken can eat a load of Sh*t...

I said this when we recruited the kids from NYC. I wasn’t trying to shade them, but by all accounts, NJ is the state we should be dipping in to. NY has produced some ballers, but not on the level of NJ, recently at least.

Advertisement
I said this when we recruited the kids from NYC. I wasn’t trying to shade them, but by all accounts, NJ is the state we should be dipping in to. NY has produced some ballers, but not on the level of NJ, recently at least.
NY's actually been putting some decent players in the league. Big boys in particular (OL and DT), and of course, arguably the GOAT TE. They've come a long way in football.

Advertisement
I agree about NYC HS football. It sucks, and always has. We did get Stephen McGuire, and John Brockington was a great RB for Ohio State back in the day, but ... those type guys are anomalies. Jersey football is far superior.

We’ll talk about this later. Lol.

Had no idea Gronk was from NY; thought he was from Pittsburgh b/c that’s the school they announced when he chose UA. Good stuff.
Gronk's from Greater Buffalo but he's a product of Pennsylvania HS football. They moved to Pitt basically for the sole purpose of improving his HS competition...

“I don’t give af about my family dying so neither should this 19 year old.”

Translated for you

Losing my granny at 19 was the second most devastating thing to happen to me , mom being first, last year. Granny was 80 and I new she was dying and that didn’t make it any less crushing, I’d had my *** going home ASAP If id been in this kids boat.

So I don’t blame him , especially if he is as close to his peeps as I was mine.

Advertisement
Back