Drug Use, Addiction, & Society (f/k/a Chris Graves (enters the Portal))

Advertisement
Prime example of a kid who is glorified on here for having all the potential but never puts it all together to actually be trusted and get on the field. We won’t win with a roster full of these kids (nothing against the kid). We need Day 1 dudes and backfill with Day 1 dudes.
I said this in another thread on the Recruiting Board and I also had Graves on my top 5 kids who need to show something this year or we don’t need them. Looks like he got my message. Lol. We have too many kids who need 3-4 years to develop before they are ready and not enough instant impact kids and that is killing us right now. Hoping Mario can turn that aspect of our roster around.

I hate losing any DB with the current state of this roster, but the curse of the defectors is real af.

The amount of kids we've lost over the years is about a thousand, and 99.5% of those turned out to be completely useless.

It's kinda funny....Miami has been very mediocre for 20 years. It's almost like if you can't/don't want to play here, well.........

I’d imagine he’s no longer connected lol
Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

Advertisement
I’m a glutton for punishment. Lol. Nah, seriously after Mike & Calvin was hyped so much here, I went back & started paying attention to how God awful our JUCO recruiting had been, particularly on defense & those names never escaped me. Lol. Chit, I’m probably missing some, but It was a “WITF”moment. Since then, I’ve been heavy on JUCO + Miami.

It’s been tough, & Dean took me out. Lol

The LB and CB recruiting the past 7-10 years is a disgrace

Glad Mario is throwing numbers at the problem

Advertisement
Leonard Taylor posted something in his Instagram story wearing his uniform, I presume there was some form of team event. They must have told them now where they are on the roster and if they are being told they are so low down the order, it would only make sense for them to get into the portal.
Probably the yearly photo shoot for the website and the clips they use on the stadium score board

Dismissal. Why put that out there? I’m assuming this is Ferman and not the school?
Exactly. Stupid *** Ferman. How about we let the athletic department make announcements as to why a player is entering the transfer portal? This is NOT his place to make assumptions and even if he was dismissed, let the school announce that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just about all major programs are trying to get under 85. No one is taking him right now unless it's Colorado or something

True, but I think he is athletic enough to find a spot. Like I would argue he is more athletic than the bottom 25% of our roster and from a talent standpoint you would prefer to push one of those guys out.

I also wonder if NIL could solve this theoretically. Say what you are saying is correct, and assume for a second he will go to one of the local state schools (UCF, UF, FSU) tuition is not insane, is there anything that prohibits a "walk-on" from getting an NIL deal? He could then just use that money to pay for school and it is like he is on scholarship i.e. not having to pay his own way, then he can be in the facility and do all the normal stuff walkons do and just wont be able to dress for away games or whatever that rule is.

Advertisement
Back