Drug Use, Addiction, & Society (f/k/a Chris Graves (enters the Portal))

Tbh Garth brooks wore it better

garth brooks concert GIF

oh wait. Graves. Not GAINES

Advertisement
Its college football today. Kid with potential but not yet developed can't wait and earn and work his way into a starting role. Finds it much easier to listen to the various people in his ear from other teams offering him a quicker road to starting and claiming that Miami is just undervaluing him. Then odds are he'll end up just disappearing in the other teams depth chart as well.

DTP, question, when you say 'wasnt going to play here' did you mean during the duration of eligibility at UM, or this season?

I thought he had some real athleticism, but given his age and size, was a bit of a 2/3 year project to get meaningful snaps
I mean it’s hard to say that a second year guy would NEVER get playing time here but it definitely looked like he wasn’t going to play at all this year. A top 125 recruit shouldn’t be a long term project. Especially at a position like cornerback. Without knowing the depth chart he was looking like he would be our fourth or fifth corner at best. A guy of his pedigree should have been pushing for starter minutes as a sophomore. I don’t think the staff believes in him.

I support any trade for a superior player at the same position, or a player of greater team need (if a different position fills his spot).

Advertisement
One of the posters on 247 posted this earlier this evening:

Mammereli has retired and quit football

Graves is in the Portal because Malik Curtis got the boot from the program

Expect announcements from Lil Baby Seymour and McGlaughlin soon about them hitting the portal also.

He does occasional seem to know stuff. Can't vouch for the validity of this

Expect announcements from Lil Baby Seymour and McGlaughlin soon about them hitting the portal also.

None of this would surprise me.

Advertisement

Malik Curtis was awful in his limited playing time last year.

The OL aren’t a surprise if true, I was shocked they didn’t leave after the Spring.

If you leave now, not only do you suck but you must be **** stupid as well wasting the 2023 season in purgatory instead of getting any sort of film for coaches. Some kids can’t handle the mental aspect of going from the alpha in high school to a 3rd stringer in college.

Advertisement
Its college football today. Kid with potential but not yet developed can't wait and earn and work his way into a starting role. Finds it much easier to listen to the various people in his ear from other teams offering him a quicker road to starting and claiming that Miami is just undervaluing him. Then odds are he'll end up just disappearing in the other teams depth chart as well.

That's what happens with most transfers anymore. You hit on some and most of the others, not so much.

Lol; far from a mess huh?

OK, so right now we have:
Couch - 5th yr Sr
Brown - True Freshman
Brown - UCF Transfer
Porter - 5th yr Sr
Curtis - RS Sophmore
Harris - RS Freshman
Davis - OU Transfer
Richard - Vanderbilt Transfer
Freeney - JUCO Transfer

So who’s the starting CBs?
UCF Brown & WVU Porter Jr?
Who’s the NCB? Couch?

U wanna see Curtis lose his shoe again chasing after a MTSU WR? U wanna see Davis get picked on like a kid who pee’d on himself at school? U thinking Freeney coming in and making noise? When’s the last time we’ve been successful w/ a JUCO player since Butch’s evals?

U tell me why this room ain’t a mess when we seen Davis, & Richard all play ball elsewhere & not move a got **** needle, & we seen Porter, Curtis, & Couch get mooked w/ regularity here.
You gotta think the starters are ucf brown, Richard, and Davis. And hope Damari stafford and freeney show up big time Csz I’m done watching the other guys. We gotta pray addae finds another job Csz db recruiting ****…

Advertisement
"Graves is in the Portal because Malik Curtis got the boot from the program"

Wow leaving cause his buddy got the boot?? Wtf make it make sense!! What a ****** simp if true i guess adios kid!

Lol; far from a mess huh?

OK, so right now we have:
Couch - 5th yr Sr
Brown - True Freshman
Brown - UCF Transfer
Porter - 5th yr Sr
Curtis - RS Sophmore
Harris - RS Freshman
Davis - OU Transfer
Richard - Vanderbilt Transfer
Freeney - JUCO Transfer

So who’s the starting CBs?
UCF Brown & WVU Porter Jr?
Who’s the NCB? Couch?

U wanna see Curtis lose his shoe again chasing after a MTSU WR? U wanna see Davis get picked on like a kid who pee’d on himself at school? U thinking Freeney coming in and making noise? When’s the last time we’ve been successful w/ a JUCO player since Butch’s evals?

U tell me why this room ain’t a mess when we seen Davis, & Richard all play ball elsewhere & not move a got **** needle, & we seen Porter, Curtis, & Couch get mooked w/ regularity here.
We have our number one WR from JUCO (Colby) but other than that its been a zero.

Advertisement
Back