Dream staff if Mario is HC (Long)

Juanka

TRANQUILO Y TROPICAL
Premium
Manny Diaz seems to be on his way out soon. @DMoney says Cristobal is the guy we plan to go after per the rumors coming out. The question now becomes who stays, who comes, and who goes?

If Cristobal is the coach.

Who are almost certain will go - Feely, Justice, Simpson, Aristide, Lashlee, and Patke

The case for who stays.

Eric Hickson -
Pros - He is the Chaminade and Deerfield recruit getter. Has gotten us top RB recruits each year under his time here. One of the better units of this team.
Con - Pass blocking has been an issue for our RB aside from Harris. RB production hasn't been the greatest, but then again our OL doesn't do our RB any favors.

Oregon RB coach - Jim Mastro - He is about to put a RB in the first round on this year's draft, but doesn't have experience recruiting on this side.

Cristobal will improve our RB production instantly by fixing to OL as he has done everywhere he's been. I would love to keep Hickson on staff and see how his RB's do with a good OL coach. One thing we can't allow is a school like FSU to come to our backyard and get the next Dalvin Cook. I would keep Hickson.

Rob Likens -
Pros - Players seem to like him. Has recruited well and got us a great haul of recruits last class. Identified good under-the-radar players like K.Smith, Aiyuk, and Ibeita. Has a resume of developing talent and getting players drafted to the NFL. Experience recruiting from coast to coast. Experience as OC and AHC.
Cons - Still see some dropped passes, but it's been from the usual suspects.

Oregon WR coach - Bryan McClendon - A monster recruiter who has experience coaching in the SEC and PAC 12. Has recruited top talent and first-round picks anywhere he's been. Experience recruiting from coast to coast. Experience as AHC, OC, and PGC. Well respected in CFB.

This is one situation where I would be happy with either or coach.

T-Rob -
Pros - Is an ace recruiter. Experience as a DC. Very well known in the SFL area. Has developed and put players in the league. Can coach up the whole DB room with DVD under his wing.
Cons - May not want to coach here anymore. Have our DB's really looked better this year? Some really bad tackling from our DB unit.

Oregon CB coach - Rod Chance - Good coach with some good recruiting under his wing. Doesn't have much experience recruiting on this side of the map. His unit does tackle well. No resume of putting players in the league that I could find.

I would keep T-Rob and DVD. Recruiting wise that's a huge win to keep those two together. Give them more time to see what they can do in Miami, they have only been here a year.

Stephen Fields-
Pros - Great recruiter with experience recruiting coast to coast. Coached Brevin Jordan. Has worked with Cristobal in Oregon so the relationship is there.
Cons - Mallory and everything he has done this year.

Oregon TE coach - Bobby Williams - Has been around for some time. Comes with experience coaching special teams which is something we desperately need. Has experience recruiting coast to coast.

I would keep Fields in this case and there is a good chance Cristobal will because of their past relationship. I'll bring Williams as a Special Teams coach.

Who Cristobal should automatically bring in.

Alex Mirabal OL coach. The Columbus friends and Mario's right-hand man. Successful in recruiting and coaching his players up. HUGE upgrade over our current situation.

Joe Salave'a DL coach. A Polynesian coach who is a beast at recruiting and developing. About to probably put the #1 player to get picked in the draft to the league. The question becomes would he leave the west coast? Polynesians don't usually come to the east coast like that, and he doesn't have much experience recruiting in SFL. His resume speaks for itself and can definitely help with Anthony Lucas. Would be great for Kelly and Shemar to be coached up by a coach like this if they give us a chance. Mario is known as a monster recruiter and he will have to do his best recruiting to bring this coach with him to SFL.

Joe Moorhead OC. If Mario keeps the man I will be happy. Looks like he is due for a HC job soon, but if we get him, he is a great recruiter who has experience coaching and recruiting coast to coast. One of the top offensive minds in CFB.

As for DC, I would not want Tim DeRuyter. If I am Mario I am using my Alabama connection and giving a call to Glenn Schumann to offer the OLB/DC role. Has learned under some of the best in CFB, and is currently Co-DC at GA who ranks top in the nation in defense.

ILB Ken Wilson and Co-DC. Stayed with Mario and passed up being a HC somewhere. Got some big-time recruits to come to Oregon.

Aaron Feld for Strength and conditioning coach. Let Mario bring his own guy in and put these boys up into tip-top shape.

How it will look.

HC - Mario Cristobal

Offense /
OC - Joe Moorhead
OL - Alex Mirabal
WR - Rob Likens or Bryan McClendon
RB - Eric Hickson
TE - Stephen Fields
Defense/
DC/OLB - Glenn Schumann
DB - T-Rob and DVD
DL - Joe Salave'a
ILB/ Co-DC - Ken Wilson
Special teams
Bobby Williams
Strength and Conditioning - Aaron Feld.

This is all in fun and my dream staff if Mario comes in a HC. If Miami is really serious like the rumors that they say they are ready to spend are true, then this will be the staff to do it.

Sorry if long. Hope you guys enjoyed the read and feel free to change names if you prefer others.

EDIT
(Bring in Zack Kittley for OC. Moorehead can kick rocks.)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Good job, OP. **** good! Two things tho. #1. I counted 11 on the field coaches, in this dream scenario. We would have to cut one more coach to be in compliance with the NCAA rule, unless they have changed it. #2. First thing first, We need Mario to lose at least one more game 🤣😂🤣.

Good job, OP. **** good! Two things tho. #1. I counted 11 on the field coaches, in this dream scenario. We would have to cut one more coach to be in compliance with the NCAA rule, unless they have changed it. #2. First thing first, We need Mario to lose at least one more game 🤣😂🤣.

I appreciate the love, brother. So we actually have 10 now +1 with the HC. It's currently Diaz, Lashlee, Fields, Justice, Likens, T-Rob, DVD, Patke, Simpson, Aristide, and Hickson.
It should be the same count for the guys I listed minus the S&C coach.

EDIT

You are correct. Probably remove Williams and give ST to a position coach (y)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny Diaz seems to be on his way out soon. @DMoney says Cristobal is the guy we plan to go after per the rumors coming out. The question now becomes who stays, who comes, and who goes?

If Cristobal is the coach.

Who are almost certain will go - Feely, Justice, Simpson, Aristide, Lashlee, and Patke

The case for who stays.

Eric Hickson -
Pros - He is the Chaminade and Deerfield recruit getter. Has gotten us top RB recruits each year under his time here. One of the better units of this team.
Con - Pass blocking has been an issue for our RB aside from Harris. RB production hasn't been the greatest, but then again our OL doesn't do our RB any favors.

Oregon RB coach - Jim Mastro - He is about to put a RB in the first round on this year's draft, but doesn't have experience recruiting on this side.

Cristobal will improve our RB production instantly by fixing to OL as he has done everywhere he's been. I would love to keep Hickson on staff and see how his RB's do with a good OL coach. One thing we can't allow is a school like FSU to come to our backyard and get the next Dalvin Cook. I would keep Hickson.

Rob Likens -
Pros - Players seem to like him. Has recruited well and got us a great haul of recruits last class. Identified good under-the-radar players like K.Smith, Aiyuk, and Ibeita. Has a resume of developing talent and getting players drafted to the NFL. Experience recruiting from coast to coast. Experience as OC and AHC.
Cons - Still see some dropped passes, but it's been from the usual suspects.

Oregon WR coach - Bryan McClendon - A monster recruiter who has experience coaching in the SEC and PAC 12. Has recruited top talent and first-round picks anywhere he's been. Experience recruiting from coast to coast. Experience as AHC, OC, and PGC. Well respected in CFB.

This is one situation where I would be happy with either or coach.

T-Rob -
Pros - Is an ace recruiter. Experience as a DC. Very well known in the SFL area. Has developed and put players in the league. Can coach up the whole DB room with DVD under his wing.
Cons - May not want to coach here anymore. Have our DB's really looked better this year? Some really bad tackling from our DB unit.

Oregon CB coach - Rod Chance - Good coach with some good recruiting under his wing. Doesn't have much experience recruiting on this side of the map. His unit does tackle well. No resume of putting players in the league that I could find.

I would keep T-Rob and DVD. Recruiting wise that's a huge win to keep those two together. Give them more time to see what they can do in Miami, they have only been here a year.

Stephen Fields-
Pros - Great recruiter with experience recruiting coast to coast. Coached Brevin Jordan. Has worked with Cristobal in Oregon so the relationship is there.
Cons - Mallory and everything he has done this year.

Oregon TE coach - Bobby Williams - Has been around for some time. Comes with experience coaching special teams which is something we desperately need. Has experience recruiting coast to coast.

I would keep Fields in this case and there is a good chance Cristobal will because of their past relationship. I'll bring Williams as a Special Teams coach.

Who Cristobal should automatically bring in.

Alex Mirabal OL coach. The Columbus friends and Mario's right-hand man. Successful in recruiting and coaching his players up. HUGE upgrade over our current situation.

Joe Salave'a DL coach. A Polynesian coach who is a beast at recruiting and developing. About to probably put the #1 player to get picked in the draft to the league. The question becomes would he leave the west coast? Polynesians don't usually come to the east coast like that, and he doesn't have much experience recruiting in SFL. His resume speaks for itself and can definitely help with Anthony Lucas. Would be great for Kelly and Shemar to be coached up by a coach like this if they give us a chance. Mario is known as a monster recruiter and he will have to do his best recruiting to bring this coach with him to SFL.

Joe Moorhead OC. If Mario keeps the man I will be happy. Looks like he is due for a HC job soon, but if we get him, he is a great recruiter who has experience coaching and recruiting coast to coast. One of the top offensive minds in CFB.

As for DC, I would not want Tim DeRuyter. If I am Mario I am using my Alabama connection and giving a call to Glenn Schumann to offer the OLB/DC role. Has learned under some of the best in CFB, and is currently Co-DC at GA who ranks top in the nation in defense.

ILB Ken Wilson and Co-DC. Stayed with Mario and passed up being a HC somewhere. Got some big-time recruits to come to Oregon.

Aaron Feld for Strength and conditioning coach. Let Mario bring his own guy in and put these boys up into tip-top shape.

How it will look.

HC - Mario Cristobal

Offense /
OC - Joe Moorhead
OL - Alex Mirabal
WR - Rob Likens or Bryan McClendon
RB - Eric Hickson
Defense/
DC/OLB - Glenn Schumann
DB - T-Rob and DVD
DL - Joe Salave'a
ILB/ Co-DC - Ken Wilson
Special teams
Bobby Williams
Strength and Conditioning - Aaron Feld.

This is all in fun and my dream staff if Mario comes in a HC. If Miami is really serious like the rumors that they say they are ready to spend are true, then this will be the staff to do it.

Sorry if long. Hope you guys enjoyed the read and feel free to change names if you prefer others.
Trob would not be coaching with Mario if the story is true that Mario checked him when at a HS recruiting a kid. Moorehead has done squat over there for that offense and would gladly pass on him (though hope he is feeling better). I like your list Minus the coordinators and think you have too many coaches for Defense. Trob won’t be here and doubt likens would be back. But good thought out post.

Hickson needs to go. Should have been canned before this season. He’s part of the problem. Fake as ****. Likens is a good guy and coach. Fields does the work. I’d be ok if he was retained. T-rob is elite.
Fire Blake and Manny

Trob would not be coaching with Mario if the story is true that Mario checked him when at a HS recruiting a kid. Moorehead has done squat over there for that offense and would gladly pass on him (though hope he is feeling better). I like your list Minus the coordinators and think you have too many coaches for Defense. Trob won’t be here and doubt likens would be back. But good thought out post.

I heard the same thing about T-Rob and him. Not sure if true, but it was when he was back at Auburn supposably.
Moorehead seemed to be carving up defenses up until the ER visit against Stanford. I hope he is okay too.
If Likens does bounce and McClendon's wife doesn't want him here still. Then I am throwing everything at Mickey Joseph. I doubt the next LSU coach will want to let him go, but this is my dream staff lol.

Don’t be so sure about T-rob and Mario. He goes after anyone and everyone he’s recruiting against. T-rob likes being home and he’s not a *****. They’ll work it out. Fields and T-rob have the best chance of sticking around.

Advertisement
Hickson needs to go. Should have been canned before this season. He’s part of the problem. Fake as ****. Likens is a good guy and coach. Fields does the work. I’d be ok if he was retained. T-rob is elite.
Fire Blake and Manny

Really? I really didn't go based off much else with Hickson other than his recruiting wins. I think he was rumored in a scuffle or something but never heard much else from him.

Oregon’s defense:

94th total defense
75th sacks
42nd scoring defense
59th rush defense
110th passing yards allowed
100th 3rd down defense

Oregon’s defense is worse than Miami’s in most of these categories.

Oregon’s offense:

87th passing offense
23rd rushing offense
35th red zone offense
58th sacks allowed
33rd scoring offense

On offense, Oregon does have QB Anthony Brown and I think he sucks. RB Travis Dye looks fantastic. Even before Verdell’s the injury, Dye was out playing him.

Oregon’s defensive numbers are bad, but they have had Thibodeaux for only for only 3 games (and he’s been a monster in those games), and Flowe for only 1 game (he had 14 tackles in that game). With KB, Flowe, and Sewell, their D numbers should get better.

I appreciate you fam. I am trying to get my name on the most respected poster thread lol. I have been here since 2013 with nothing to show for. Feeling like Scott Patchan of CiS :confused:
If I put together a list I’d have this guy right up there at the top…

743CBD1E-412F-429A-8F92-15269AFDD16F.jpeg

Advertisement
First of all: I'd love Mario to be the next coach at UM.

I have a doubt though, he seems to like having a conservative offense. They clearly misused Herbert in his time there and even this year, with all the playmakers he recruited, the Oregon offense is pretty average.

They executed a great game plan vs Ohio State but after that....yikes (maybe they have a QB problem, but you can always try the next guy if you want, and they clearly don't).

In today's college football you MUST have an explosive, down-the-field offense. We are no longer in 2008.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back