Dr Frenk's Latest Message

Advertisement
No, it's not. Nor should it be. The President of a major university shouldn't have anything to do with athletics.

Some of y'all really just don't get it and probably never will.
Ive said the same thing since first walking into this saloon...

Problems are more AD than university president. If we could be dominant under Tad Foote don't tell me Frenk is the problem.
Because walking around campus was Sam Jankovich.

Paul Dee also wasnt terrible, and if not for his clout, Pell scandal probably even worse than what was (and yes it blew up on his watch). He might have been different things to different people (he ended up Butch DA GAWD's mortal enemy), but overall, the man knew how to work the NCAA machine.

Ironically, I believe he was Chair or Deputy Chair of NCAA committe that hammered USC amd R Bush.

Last edited:
Is Dr Frenk secretly a billionaire who funds the school? If not, then whether or not he can tell the difference between a football field and a baseball diamond is utterly irrelevant. He's an administrative flunky who does the bidding of the BOT.

Advertisement
So its always someone else's fault. Not the coaches who coach the players.....not the players that play.......

So its always someone else's fault. Not the coaches who coach the players.....not the players that play.......
Not at all. The staff hired is going to perform as they are. The players recruited will be a summation of raw talent + drive for greatness + coaching.

You can't hire subpar staff and then have a desired outcome of overachieving players.

It ALL starts with who hires and supports the staff--and that would be the BoT! BoT BoT down Coral Gables way...

It isnt a difficult concept.

This isn't meant to demean or mock Dr Frenk. By all accounts he is an accomplished academic. I do not know him personally, nor do many (perhaps all) of you. I post this and ask you to watch it. His message is sincere and well meaning.

Now ask yourself this: is this the "leader" the BoT has entrusted to even step foot in Miami's AD, let alone make a single decision, or even have input, into how Miami's competitive athletic programs are run? Many of us here have said for ages he has no role*.

The problem with our Canes isn't Manuela, it isn't James--they are symptoms and not root causes. The disappointment lays completely at the feet of the BoT, every single one of them, as they have hired poorly in the past and appear to have not learned a single thing from their mistakes.

Our Canes will return to greatness when the BoT becomes great themselves in regards to these key questions:

what do they want from the football/basketball/baseball programs?

are the resources available to make the vision happen?

are they prepared to make decisions, review progress, and make the necessary adjustments?

*updated for clarity 2111 CET

I think they’ve answered already. They don’t care. It’s how manny got the job

Because walking around campus was Sam Jankovich.

Paul Dee also wasnt terrible, and if not for his clout, Pell scandal probably even worse than what was (and yes it blew up on his watch). He might have been different things to different people (he ended up Butch DA GAWD's mortal enemy), but overall, the man knew how to work the NCAA machine.

Ironically, I believe he was Chair or Deputy Chair of NCAA committe that hammered USC amd R Bush.
Mortal Enemy to Butch isn't the word.....

Advertisement
This isn't meant to demean or mock Dr Frenk. By all accounts he is an accomplished academic. I do not know him personally, nor do many (perhaps all) of you. I post this and ask you to watch it. His message is sincere and well meaning.

Now ask yourself this: is this the "leader" the BoT has entrusted to even step foot in Miami's AD, let alone make a single decision, or even have input, into how Miami's competitive athletic programs are run? Many of us here have said for ages he has no role*.

The problem with our Canes isn't Manuela, it isn't James--they are symptoms and not root causes. The disappointment lays completely at the feet of the BoT, every single one of them, as they have hired poorly in the past and appear to have not learned a single thing from their mistakes.

Our Canes will return to greatness when the BoT becomes great themselves in regards to these key questions:

what do they want from the football/basketball/baseball programs?

are the resources available to make the vision happen?

are they prepared to make decisions, review progress, and make the necessary adjustments?

*updated for clarity 2111 CET

More COVID defcon 5 drama.

Advertisement
Dr. Frenk job is to run a major private university that encompasses many different aspects not just sports. University of Miami is more than just sports, I know thats how we view the university based on this board and our love for all things athletics.
As an Alum, thank you. The continued excellence of the University in all areas of academics and athletics is of utmost importance and pursuit. Balancing these is the job of Dr Frank and the BOT. Athletics at Miami is often the face of who we are. They bring notoriety and money. But fundraising is the cash cow and that encompasses the entirety of The U. As much as I want The Canes to return to the Glory Days, I also want the University to survive and thrive into the future, at least until our 100th anniversary in 2025😺#CANESLIFER🙌🏽

Advertisement
I pushed play on video.

watched his virtue signal removal of his theatrical mask.

turned off video in disgust.

I’m so used to it already. You know that probably right before the camera rolled, that he put it on, so then he could take it off before he started talking. I’d be willing to put 10k that everybody in that room has been vaccinated.

I’m so used to it already. You know that probably right before the camera rolled, that he put it on, so then he could take it off before he started talking. I’d be willing to put 10k that everybody in that room has been vaccinated.
Whenever anyone does that it indicates they think you, me, and anyone else who see it is a total naive moron. It’s insulting.

Whenever anyone does that it indicates they think you, me, and anyone else who see it is a total naive moron. It’s insulting.

I’m used to it, although I can guarantee you that 9,999 out of 10,000 university presidents would do the same thing in the same situation. The same way we see reporters standing in a field all by themselves talking into the microphone with a mask on, I mean WTF is up with that?

Kirby Hocutt was the Jon Richt of Athletic Directors.

So then after his tenure @ MIA why did he go on to hire future NFL HC Cliff Kingsbury @ TTU, and get selected to the CFB playoff committee? Does this sound like a person who is incompetent & lacks football acumen to you?

The bottomline is it doesn't matter who the AD is @ MIA. They will be hamstrung regardless, and will face a monumental task trying to run a successful athletics program here.

Advertisement
Back