Dr Frenk's Latest Message

Gone over this a thousand times. U.S. New and World Report changed it's metrics. The question is whether or not the university wants to chase the new metrics or continue on the academic direction in its strategic plans. As I stated, STEM is getting a real boost. A big push to grow their endowment. Living facilities getting a major facelift.
And the recent "SAT/ACT Optional" trend (probably permanent) skews the "rankings" even further. Even Yale has gone this route (they claim short term). What the top 30 Universities are now seeing with this is kiddos with a "vlkse enough" GPA are throwing their hats into the ring and not submitting their sub-1400/1500-ish SATs. They still atent getting in, but now say a Top 30 school gets to say "xx,*** applied and we only accepted x, ***, see how elite and selective we are!"

Advertisement
Say what you will, friend, but Dr. Frenkenstein is a master of using his hands while talking. I was so mesmerized by his hand movements that I didn’t hear a word he said.
The hand is quicker than the eye......

Frenk wasn't brought here to revive athletics. He is a liberal academic who came from the Harvard School of Public Health. The rankings of the University and the Medical School have risen since he got here. The Medical School and U Health System , which drive the whole University, are the highest rated they have ever been. Frenk was great for combatting the pandemic. He doesn't give a **** about football and shouldn't be expected to. The problem is the AD and BOT.
The scamdemic is the honey pot for some parts of the medical industry......

Advertisement
Same way I can tell a jackass from an ****ant.

Casual observation.
glasses GIF

are they prepared to make decisions, review progress, and make the necessary adjustments?
No.
They look at the school as an academic institution with sports being an extra curricular activity.

Championships are nice if they happen, but that has never been their goal and never will be.

I always love it when people fault the BOT and President of the University for sports related problems. Saying they don't care, etc.

Every single one of them would love to be the best at everything. The problem is the war chest and it only buys what's in it. Sure, they've bungled some hires, but people acting like their job is easy is laughable. Their first commitment is to the academic side of things, students facilities and campus enrichment. Somewhere down the line is sports.

This talk of spend it, it isn't there. You want to criticize that, put your money into the pot.

Advertisement
This isn't meant to demean or mock Dr Frenk. By all accounts he is an accomplished academic. I do not know him personally, nor do many (perhaps all) of you. I post this and ask you to watch it. His message is sincere and well meaning.

Now ask yourself this: is this the "leader" the BoT has entrusted to even step foot in Miami's AD, let alone make a single decision, or even have input, into how Miami's competitive athletic programs are run?

The problem with our Canes isn't Manuela, it isn't James--they are symptoms and not root causes. The disappointment lays completely at the feet of the BoT, every single one of them, as they have hired poorly in the past and appear to have not learned a single thing from their mistakes.

Our Canes will return to greatness when the BoT becomes great themselves in regards to these key questions:

what do they want from the football/basketball/baseball programs?

are the resources available to make the vision happen?

are they prepared to make decisions, review progress, and make the necessary adjustments?

So what? He’s not the AD. He wasnt hired for athletics, guy came from Harvard not the Patriots

No.
They look at the school as an academic institution with sports being an extra curricular activity.

Championships are nice if they happen, but that has never been their goal and never will be.
Fair observation. Then the Hurricanes fanbase gets what it gets. Remember all this next umpteenthmillion post on "The Prez needs to..."

This isn't meant to demean or mock Dr Frenk. By all accounts he is an accomplished academic. I do not know him personally, nor do many (perhaps all) of you. I post this and ask you to watch it. His message is sincere and well meaning.

Now ask yourself this: is this the "leader" the BoT has entrusted to even step foot in Miami's AD, let alone make a single decision, or even have input, into how Miami's competitive athletic programs are run?

The problem with our Canes isn't Manuela, it isn't James--they are symptoms and not root causes. The disappointment lays completely at the feet of the BoT, every single one of them, as they have hired poorly in the past and appear to have not learned a single thing from their mistakes.

Our Canes will return to greatness when the BoT becomes great themselves in regards to these key questions:

what do they want from the football/basketball/baseball programs?

are the resources available to make the vision happen?

Tell me exactly what is wrong with the message that caused you to go off on this tangent? Is it his funny accent? Here’s what I see, a typical academic, no different then hundreds of others in the United States.

Advertisement
Tell me exactly what is wrong with the message that caused you to go off on this tangent? Is it his funny accent? Heres what I see, a typical academic, no different then hundreds of others in the United States.
A few things...

boredom + grosse Bit + and just struck me as a good example whenever (inevitably) a porster goes with "the Prez...".

I was also deeply moved and inspired by the "Thank You Butch Davis" thread. I was hoping somebody would have weighed in by now proclaiming Butch DA GAWD as a replacement for Frenk. In 3-4 years from now, he will have produced the greatest graduating class, across all majors and disciplines, that world industry has ever chosen from. Unfortunately, he would have already moved on by then and taken the Presidency of Keiser U.

also, never discount the random ramblings of a madman...😂

Last edited:
Dr. Frenk has been a solid President of the University of Miami. Campus infrastructure and investments in the sciences are a major focus. This is coming from a parent of a kid majoring in aerospace engineering and minoring in mathematics and physics. We are more than satisfied with the department. The problem at Hecht starts at AD. Miami needs a creative AD moving forward. I expect changes if the football does not improve. James is tethered to Diaz. It is Jim's last chance for basketball. He is out of excuses.

This is exactly right. So the purpose of this video is what? I’m not even sure why the OP posted it. I guess to mock the president in a sly way. And to be honest, I’m not super impressed with him, but I know what his role is supposed to be and you hit the nail on the head.

Here is an explanation that even the simpletons here can understand without trying to look for a conspiracy under every rock.

Our problem has been bad hires. Simple as that.

We’ve hired a couple of bad ADs, and have consequently hired some bad coaches. That were bad fits for the times we are in, the area we are in, and and just not right overall. That’s the key.

Advertisement

No, it's not. Nor should it be. The President of a major university shouldn't have anything to do with athletics.

Some of y'all really just don't get it and probably never will.

Frenk wasn't brought here to revive athletics. He is a liberal academic who came from the Harvard School of Public Health. The rankings of the University and the Medical School have risen since he got here. The Medical School and U Health System , which drive the whole University, are the highest rated they have ever been. Frenk was great for combatting the pandemic. He doesn't give a **** about football and shouldn't be expected to. The problem is the AD and BOT.

THIS^

THANK YOU!!!

Advertisement
Back