Dr Frenk's Latest Message

I am fairly certain that Frenk doesnt do the athletic stuff on purpose.

I dont even get why this is a topic right now, its May and the team is looking to build on a season ending on a ranked spot for the first time in years.

Advertisement
But what in the world does the video he posted above have to do with any of what you’re talking about?

Did you want the guy to spend 5 minutes talking about football?
My point, perhaps lost, was a leader who gets it, even if they are talking to you about selling hotdogs from a tiki hut on a beach, will quickly give you the impression of getting it.

Again, Frenk's role is academic, he isnt (rightfully so) part of the AD.

When you think about it, the ADs at big time programs represent, but haven't really been a full part of (in a sense most believe), the Universities for a long time now.

I am fairly certain that Frenk doesnt do the athletic stuff on purpose.

I dont even get why this is a topic right now, its May and the team is looking to build on a season ending on a ranked spot for the first time in years.
boredom + too many Bit

This post is like when you walk by a mentally ill person on the street ranting about the end of the world or something. There's not much you can do other than feel bad and keep walking. You're certainly not going to stop and argue with the person.
you are insulting the mentally ill 😁

Dr. Frenk has been a solid President of the University of Miami. Campus infrastructure and investments in the sciences are a major focus. This is coming from a parent of a kid majoring in aerospace engineering and minoring in mathematics and physics. We are more than satisfied with the department. The problem at Hecht starts at AD. Miami needs a creative AD moving forward. I expect changes if the football does not improve. James is tethered to Diaz. It is Jim's last chance for basketball. He is out of excuses.

Advertisement
Dr. Frenk has been the administrator we need right when we needed him. Athletics and academics are two different areas and you need top leadership in both to succeed. It's not fair or accurate to blame one for the other.

This isn't meant to demean or mock Dr Frenk. By all accounts he is an accomplished academic. I do not know him personally, nor do many (perhaps all) of you. I post this and ask you to watch it. His message is sincere and well meaning.

Now ask yourself this: is this the "leader" the BoT has entrusted to even step foot in Miami's AD, let alone make a single decision, or even have input, into how Miami's competitive athletic programs are run?

The problem with our Canes isn't Manuela, it isn't James--they are symptoms and not root causes. The disappointment lays completely at the feet of the BoT, every single one of them, as they have hired poorly in the past and appear to have not learned a single thing from their mistakes.

Our Canes will return to greatness when the BoT becomes great themselves in regards to these key questions:

what do they want from the football/basketball/baseball programs?

are the resources available to make the vision happen?

are they prepared to make decisions, review progress, and make the necessary adjustments?

I agree with a lot of what you say except I think we return to being a competitive team and in the acc Champ game this year. There is way too much talent on this team.

This post is like when you walk by a mentally ill person on the street ranting about the end of the world or something. There's not much you can do other than feel bad and keep walking. You're certainly not going to stop and argue with the person.
Maybe he's a Flat Earther LOL

Advertisement
Dr. Frenk job is to run a major private university that encompasses many different aspects not just sports. University of Miami is more than just sports, I know thats how we view the university based on this board and our love for all things athletics.
You can’t neglect sports at a major university. He’s missing out on millions of dollars bc he doesn’t care. Does that sound like he is good at his job? Do the falling academic numbers indicate he’s good at his job? Other than campus renovations, what has he done at Miami that’s made the school a better place?

This isn't meant to demean or mock Dr Frenk. By all accounts he is an accomplished academic. I do not know him personally, nor do many (perhaps all) of you. I post this and ask you to watch it. His message is sincere and well meaning.

Now ask yourself this: is this the "leader" the BoT has entrusted to even step foot in Miami's AD, let alone make a single decision, or even have input, into how Miami's competitive athletic programs are run?

The problem with our Canes isn't Manuela, it isn't James--they are symptoms and not root causes. The disappointment lays completely at the feet of the BoT, every single one of them, as they have hired poorly in the past and appear to have not learned a single thing from their mistakes.

Our Canes will return to greatness when the BoT becomes great themselves in regards to these key questions:

what do they want from the football/basketball/baseball programs?

are the resources available to make the vision happen?

are they prepared to make decisions, review progress, and make the necessary adjustments?

Just be honest, you meant it to be demeaning. Most College & University Presidents don’t walk around with visors and whistle around their necks. They are academic professionals.

i'll visit campus again in a few months and see how things are -- i'll prepare a report for y'all

Advertisement
I agree with a lot of what you say except I think we return to being a competitive team and in the acc Champ game this year. There is way too much talent on this team.
I WANT to believe CaneCrazy... i really do...

can I show you on the doll where the bad Manuela touched me????

You can’t neglect sports at a major university. He’s missing out on millions of dollars bc he doesn’t care. Does that sound like he is good at his job? Do the falling academic numbers indicate he’s good at his job? Other than campus renovations, what has he done at Miami that’s made the school a better place?
He isnt that he doesnt care... its just that he doesnt care because it isnt his job to.

Advertisement
Maybe he's a Flat Earther LOL
and I suppose you think we landed on the moon too huh!!??

3EiFcwQAFtyduYA4Qb.gif

EVERYONE knows a marvel villian (they are fkr reals!!) is holding up a looking mirror to just fool us.

Gone over this a thousand times. U.S. New and World Report changed it's metrics. The question is whether or not the university wants to chase the new metrics or continue on the academic direction in its strategic plans. As I stated, STEM is getting a real boost. A big push to grow their endowment. Living facilities getting a major facelift.

Frenk is doing his job.

My only unsettling concern that hits me sporadically - like intermittent wipers - due to an electrical short - is that our AD's wife APPARENTLY has a bigger Johnson and accompanying Sack than our AD.

Advertisement
Back