Down to #8 on Rivals... won't be long now

I didn't know that other teams rankings had a bearing on how ours will perform, thanks for the heads up.

Advertisement
UCF and Michigan State laugh at the star system. Our class is pretty **** awesome, need Valentine back in the fold and to close JC Jackson. And even without them, we've done a pretty good job at those positions.

I've got bad news for you.

lastly...

Half of our commits are currently ranked in the Top 30 at their respective positions.

No idea if that's a good thing or not. Just decided to go back and count. Hopefully the Yearby's, Bethel's, Kaaya's, McDermott's, Darling's, Moten's, Thomas's, Jackson's, Powell's, Hester's, Herndon's, etc of our class can turn into difference making, 1st round studs for us going forward.

History says... they have a chance.

Trolling or bringing negativity to the recruiting board is sad.

Please explain how this helps turn the program around.

Advertisement
I didn't know that other teams rankings had a bearing on how ours will perform, thanks for the heads up.

yeah..

we play other teams. almost every week in the fall. It kind of matters. Especially when FSU has 6 kids from the Miami area in their 2014 class. Over 20% of their class is from South Florida. I'd say that may have a bearing on how our class performs.

Trolling or bringing negativity to the recruiting board is sad.

Please explain how this helps turn the program around.

Please explain how any post helps turn the program around?

If you can explain that to me, please... pretty please... tell me what it is. I fly in for 1 game per year and haven't seen Miami win since UF in 2004. If there's a post I can make to help change that I'm all in.

Advertisement
I don't know how to think about this. Robinson from LSU was a 3 star guy I believe.

Sometimes a guy just goes out there and works harder than the rest and rises up the ranks to a first round pick. Strong work ethic along with solid coaching get kids to the next level.

College football is more about coaching than it is about the players, but talent still matters. I think we have a decent class, especially because it addresses a lot of positions of need.

someone made fun of coker's classes in the early 2000's and in general I would agree... they sucked.

But they still produced:

Hester, Merriweather, Winston, Atkins, Beason, Gooden, Olsen, Pata, Campbell, Kenny Phillips (not the traitor Phillips)

Trust me... the names get a lot worse if you start looking post 2005. Coker drove an absolute machine into the ground so he should be under a much harsher microscope... but let me know when you find 10 players from post 2005 that can stack up to those dudes.

I can't even name Randy's best players???:

Spence? Miller? Mike James I guess? Allen Hurns? That's what we got in 08, 09, 10? And a whole bunch of dudes that got suspended, left early and put us on probation. Thanks Randy. lol

I don't know how to think about this.
College football is more about coaching than it is about the players, but talent still matters. I think we have a decent class, especially because it addresses a lot of positions of need.

You can think about this:

2 teams in the National Title tonight:

FSU's Last 4 classes: #10, #2, #6, #10 and they are #4 this year
Auburn's Last 4 classes: #4, #7, #10, #8 and they are #9 this year

Wanna look at Bama? lol #5, 1, 1, 1, 1 Those 1's aren't misprints.

How about *OSU? 25, 11, 4, 2, 2

LSU? 6, 6, 18, 6, 6

You guys can yearn to be Michigan State or Central ***n Florida if you want to... but I'm gunna continue to hope that Miami can once again move into the category of those teams listed above... not teams that have 0% chance of even making this new playoff in the next half decade.

I don't know how to think about this.

You can think about this:

2 teams in the National Title tonight:

FSU's Last 4 classes: #10, #2, #6, #10 and they are #4 this year
Auburn's Last 4 classes: #4, #7, #10, #8 and they are #9 this year

Wanna look at Bama? lol #5, 1, 1, 1, 1 Those 1's aren't misprints.

How about *OSU? 25, 11, 4, 2, 2

LSU? 6, 6, 18, 6, 6

You guys can yearn to be Michigan State or Central ***n Florida if you want to... but I'm gunna continue to hope that Miami can once again move into the category of those teams listed above... not teams that have 0% chance of even making this new playoff in the next half decade.

Dude, I agree with you I just also believe in finding a few gems or "sleepers" as they are called- I can see Gray being one of those guys.

Advertisement
We haven't had a 1st round pick since 2008, Kenny Phillips, and won't have one again this year. Absolutely blows my mind that we won't have one for 6 straight drafts. We had one in 14 straight drafts, 19 1st rounders in a 4 year period from 2001-2004.

As if people don't already know this; Its more then just a talent issue (we have had highly ranked classes); its a much bigger development issue.

We haven't had a 1st round pick since 2008, Kenny Phillips, and won't have one again this year. Absolutely blows my mind that we won't have one for 6 straight drafts. We had one in 14 straight drafts, 19 1st rounders in a 4 year period from 2001-2004.

As if people don't already know this; Its more then just a talent issue (we have had highly ranked classes); its a much bigger development issue.

Where?

and we are suppose to beat fsu? they are turning out nfl draft picks like crazy.

Advertisement
Still not a believer in the whole star ranking system.

Look what Duke has done with their recruiting classes ranked in the 60s and 70s the last 3+ years.

Competent coaching and development >>> star rankings.

this. star rankings are for the media and fans. they mean nothing if u cant develop any of that talent. **** UCF won a bcs bowl and they would kill for the bulk of our roster. coaching is bigger than the star system.

@Mbeckss22... you do realize the stars are given out by "writers" by trade, and even though they know some, aren't "scouts" by trade.

In high school, it's not that **** difficult to "pick out" the more talented players versus others.

Where?

Well going back to the year after Phillips came in:

06: 14th
07: 19th
08: 5th
09: 15th
10: 15th
11: 36th
12: 9th
13: 20th

The results on the field aren't even close to where they should be, there is only 1 class outside the top 20. Development/coaching has been a major problem for awhile here.

Still not a believer in the whole star ranking system.

Look what Duke has done with their recruiting classes ranked in the 60s and 70s the last 3+ years.

Competent coaching and development >>> star rankings.

this. star rankings are for the media and fans. they mean nothing if u cant develop any of that talent. **** UCF won a bcs bowl and they would kill for the bulk of our roster. coaching is bigger than the star system.

Well of course. But an extremely talented guy developed properly > an average talent developed properly. Highly ranked classes and good football teams go hand in hand.

Advertisement
Back