Down to #8 on Rivals... won't be long now

Mbecks22

Sophomore
Kinda reminds me of the mythical "Top 10" class of 2009.

We won't be top 10 by the time this thing is over with. Gates, Dawgs, and a few others still gunna leap our Canes.

I only mention this because I often find it funny when some decide to throw out "top 3 class.. blah blah blah" to any criticism no matter how constructive.

Same was said in 2009. The class ended up in the mid teens to low 20s because we couldn't close on some big names late and because we lost a huge commit in Bryce Brown.

sound familiar?

In closing...

Feel free to toss out "Top 10 class...." for a few more weeks... but I don't think you're gunna have too much longer.

Advertisement
all because of valentine?

maybe they lowered us because all there experts had inside info on the psu contract golden accepted so they expect the class to fall apart.

Can all you ****heads that perpetuate negativity stay the **** off the recruiting board?

Still not a believer in the whole star ranking system.

Look what Duke has done with their recruiting classes ranked in the 60s and 70s the last 3+ years.

Competent coaching and development >>> star rankings.

valentine and others getting dudes.

we are pretty maxed out and lost a huge prospect.

LOL @ pointing to Duke example. You wanna be where Duke is? Or where FSU is?

Advertisement
This guy's rooting for our class to drop just so he can use it as ammo to rip Golden. He'll say he Isn't but It's obvious that he is.

So friggin lame..

Still not a believer in the whole star ranking system.

Look what Duke has done with their recruiting classes ranked in the 60s and 70s the last 3+ years.

Competent coaching and development >>> star rankings.

Well we definitely don't have competent coaching or development so we need as much elite talent as possible.

Advertisement

We won't be top 10 by the time this thing is over with. Gates, Dawgs, and a few others still gunna leap our Canes.

I only mention this because I often find it funny when some decide to throw out "top 3 class.. blah blah blah" to any criticism no matter how constructive.

Same was said in 2009. The class ended up in the mid teens to low 20s because we couldn't close on some big names late and because we lost a huge commit in Bryce Brown.

sound familiar?

In closing...

Feel free to toss out "Top 10 class...." for a few more weeks... but I don't think you're gunna have too much longer.

Shut the **** I swear some of y'all are the biggest ******* I've ever seen. ******* crying over the stupidest ****.

sound familiar?

In closing...

Remember how Coker had "consensus top 5" classes every year he was here - how did those players turn out?

sound familiar?

In closing...

Fold the program. Hop on the Jameis/Jimbo wagon. I think there's still room.

Advertisement

sound familiar?

In closing...

Fold the program. Hop on the Jameis/Jimbo wagon. I think there's still room.

Excellent analysis. Thanks.

I was under the impression that we were trending upward. Is the OP suggesting that's not the case?

Last edited:
Advertisement
The decommitment of Valentine is not what dropped us that many spots. The three major all-star games took place this week and many uncommitted players pledged to colleges. LSU got a major jump, as did FSU, A&M, and OSU.

it's been about 4 years since i've done a "Do stars Matter" analysis... but now that many have moved to CIS... and we have a ton of recruiting newbies.. it may just be time again.

For those that haven't been around that long....

I'll give you guys a preview....

they do.

In fact I'll really give an extremely early preview:

If you look at the 2 CBS mock drafts right now they list 39 different players currently predicted to go in the 1st round. A lot of overlap at the minute.

51.3% of those players were rated in the Rivals Top250. The Rivals top250 accounts for less than 12% of the prospects that will sign LOIs in a given year. Yet 51% of the kids selected in the 1st round are projected to be those kids.

There is even a higher association with getting kids who are in the top 30 at their position. This has been proven over multiple years of recruiting.

2 outliers are usually QB and OL which are very difficult to predict coming out of HS. If you leave those spots out and just focus on the skill positions and DL, the numbers are staggering.

Bottom line:

Get kids that are rated in the top 30 at their respective position.
Find a QB who is smart
Bring in a bunch of OL cuz you never know who's gunna pan out.

Last edited:
UCF and Michigan State laugh at the star system. Our class is pretty **** awesome, need Valentine back in the fold and to close JC Jackson. And even without them, we've done a pretty good job at those positions.

Advertisement
Back