Down the stretch we come!

If we close with your predictions, my only beef would be taking only 1 DT and 2 DTs in 2 years

Very real possibility, Martin and Ford are the only 2 DTs on the roster come Spring 2018.
That's not a possibility at all let alone "very real."

Advertisement
Visitors this weekend (1/27-28):

Devonta Smith
Derrick Smith
N'Kosi Perry
Toryque Bateman
Jonathan Ford

Targets visiting other schools:

Herbert - UF
Edwards - UF
Thomas - Oregon
Pouncey - Tennessee
Harley - UCLA

Announcing this week - McFarland (1/25)

My best guess on our close with 8 days to go:

McFarland
Dean
Edwards (hopefully his in-home with Richt really does "seal the deal")
Thomas
Harley
Bateman
ONE of Smith/Pouncey (if Smith wants in, I think Pouncey gets nudged out)

Post-NSD - Logan (hopefully)
I think pouncey is in regardless.

pete could prob verify this but im hearing they told all the wr's because Thomas has an iffy academic situation.

Thomas is going to be fine academically

Here or at Oregon?

If we close with your predictions, my only beef would be taking only 1 DT and 2 DTs in 2 years

Very real possibility, Martin and Ford are the only 2 DTs on the roster come Spring 2018.

lmao Richt hater strikes again. So what if they're the only 2? We'll run a 1 DT, 3 DE set at DL then.

I like to look at two-year hauls and Martin and Ford is it for 2016 and 17. Now, if we land Logan that's another one. Somebody could also grow into a DT down the road (Bethel maybe?) It also depends on how we recruit different DTs - Nose? 3-Tech? Logan and Ford seem like pass-rushing DTs a la Gerald Willis or McIntosh. I'd like to see another hole-plugger somewhere to fill Norton's role when he leaves.

They also project that DJ Johnson has the size, power, and speed to slide inside. If we keep up with the aggressiveness and TFL we have teams will be facing plenty of obvious passing downs on 2nd and 3rd that will prompt us to get some pass rushers in on both the outside and the interior.. This staff knows exactly what its doing imo..

Advertisement
Agree. If we take 5 this year, we'll have to cherry-pick maybe 3 to focus on in 2018.
Do you think the LSU kid sways things? I tend to forget about him when talking recruiting #s . I can't remember his eligibility.

You mean the DT Logan? I factored him in to my final 8 spots (still hopeful that he comes - it would sure bridge the gap in our DT recruiting this year.)
I meant the OL that transferred here.

Or maybe I'm having a stroke and don't realize it

I haven't looked but is Harley's visit to UCLA finalized, or is he still considering visiting Florida?

Explain?

Unless I'm forgetting someone our DTs are Norton, McIntosh, Willis, Jenkins, Moten, Martin, Ford.

Jenkins, Moten are SRs. Norton, McIntosh, Willis are JRs. Willis is gone after this year and Norton/McIntosh are both candidates to leave.

Explain?

Unless I'm forgetting someone our DTs are Norton, McIntosh, Willis, Jenkins, Moten, Martin, Ford.

Jenkins, Moten are SRs. Norton, McIntosh, Willis are JRs. Willis is gone after this year and Norton/McIntosh are both candidates to leave.

It's never going to happen. There is zero chance Kool goes into a season with 2 DTs on the roster. Never gonna happen.

Advertisement

Explain?

It's never going to happen. There is zero chance Kool goes into a season with 2 DTs on the roster. Never gonna happen.

You have to figure Glen Logan is a lock at this point or we'd be bringing in another DT for depth purposes alone.

Explain?

You have to figure Glen Logan is a lock at this point or we'd be bringing in another DT for depth purposes alone.

There will be DTs on the roster either via position changes, JUCO, or grad transfers.

Explain?

We play LSU jn 2018,they could block Logan from coming to um.

Explain?

Didn't say go into the season, I said Spring of 2018.

Obviously we will have to find some JUCO/Grad transfer guys if worst case scenario plays out and Norton, McIntosh, Willis all leave.

Advertisement
Any chance we redshirt Moten this season, to protect our DT depth?

If he's the 5th guy in the rotation, and the other 4 are all trying to get in position for the draft, I think it would be a good idea.

I was hoping we would land Logan as well, but Not sure if LSU will block him since we are scheduled to play them next year. The visit was canceled last year not this year , i was wondering why I hadn't seen him on any of the visit lists.

Last edited:
[MENTION=293]ghost2[/MENTION]

Can we rename this thread to the Official Recruiting Discussion thread or something. Would be nice to have once place to discuss general recruiting happenings as we head down the stretch? Just makes it easier to navigate imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back