Down the stretch we come!

Happens almost every year, who is a current commit we might lose on NSD? (Pushed out, changes mind, etc.) Or are we that strong this year and hold onto everyone?

Advertisement
Visitors this weekend (1/27-28):

Devonta Smith
Derrick Smith
N'Kosi Perry
Toryque Bateman
Jonathan Ford

Targets visiting other schools:

Herbert - UF
Edwards - UF
Thomas - Oregon
Pouncey - Tennessee
Harley - UCLA

Announcing this week - McFarland (1/25)

My best guess on our close with 8 days to go:

McFarland
Dean
Edwards (hopefully his in-home with Richt really does "seal the deal")
Thomas
Harley
Bateman
ONE of Smith/Pouncey (if Smith wants in, I think Pouncey gets nudged out)

Post-NSD - Logan (hopefully)

Pete says that if Smith wants in, Miami would make room for all of them. If they take all 5, I'd have to believe that Langham would be a transfer casualty at that juncture then.

I think Louisville gets Bateman.

Agree with the rest.

Pouncey has been one of the most heavily recruited kids since the dead period it seems like and if Smith wants in he is 100 percent a take, one of the top receivers in the nation. Remember these kids are not Richts guys so it is easier to essentially cut them if you want. If we load up on receivers we can put the full court press on a gamechanger like Pope for a year and be set up at the position for years.We havent had multiple gamechangers on the field at the same time in years, usually just 1 or 2. Look at Clemson, had four guys have over 90 recieving yards in championship game.

Agree. If we take 5 this year, we'll have to cherry-pick maybe 3 to focus on in 2018.

Where's the Bateman buzz coming from? I thought the real opportunity was Hebert.

Advertisement

Devonta Smith
Derrick Smith
N'Kosi Perry
Toryque Bateman
Jonathan Ford

Herbert - UF
Edwards - UF
Thomas - Oregon
Pouncey - Tennessee
Harley - UCLA

McFarland
Dean
Thomas
Harley
Bateman

I think pouncey is in regardless.

Yep we need all the depth we can get and I hear this kids upside at safety is crazy
Either way I am bringing him in as an athlete like DeeJay

The only real issue I have with this class is only landing the 4 OL (Donaldson, Dykstra, Gaynor, Hillery) after only taking Tre Johnson last year. I'd like to see a 5th OL in this class whether it's Bateman or somebody else, assuming the Heritage ship has already sailed.

I agree with this. I would also have liked to see another DT along with Ford as our depth there could potentially be scary thin after this year. But I trust this coaching staff (wow it feels good to be able to say that and mean it).

Read somewhere Bateman already made his commit video I believe, my guess is he's goin to UL if that's the case.

When these recruits make those video's they actually film it multiple times. Bateman for example filmed the same video 5 times with each video showing him commit to a different team. Louisville may be his leader but his video does not limit him to Louisville.

A real pro gets it in one take. Kid obviously can't act, don't want.

Advertisement
how many of the recruits coming this weekend have their parents coming with?

Agree. If we take 5 this year, we'll have to cherry-pick maybe 3 to focus on in 2018.
Do you think the LSU kid sways things? I tend to forget about him when talking recruiting #s . I can't remember his eligibility.

I think 4-5 is good for this year and 2-3 the following year and maybe follow the same pattern.. no way we get 7-9 quality o-linemen per recruiting cycle every two-years.. That's a formula for JAGs to fill the line

Advertisement
I think 4-5 is good for this year and 2-3 the following year and maybe follow the same pattern.. no way we get 7-9 quality o-linemen per recruiting cycle every two-years.. That's a formula for JAGs to fill the line

Possibly. My point is that with OL is so hard to predict who's a JAG and who's a stud so my general philosophy is to recruit the numbers and let coaching and conditioning sort it out once they're on campus. If we just take 4 this year I'd like us to take another 4 next year, especially since we only took one (Tre Johnson) two years ago.

Do you think the LSU kid sways things? I tend to forget about him when talking recruiting #s . I can't remember his eligibility.

You mean the DT Logan? I factored him in to my final 8 spots (still hopeful that he comes - it would sure bridge the gap in our DT recruiting this year.)

Advertisement

Devonta Smith
Derrick Smith
N'Kosi Perry
Toryque Bateman
Jonathan Ford

Herbert - UF
Edwards - UF
Thomas - Oregon
Pouncey - Tennessee
Harley - UCLA

McFarland
Dean
Thomas
Harley
Bateman

Where is the Logan stuff coming from?

Genron via Valentine or Raymond?

even if we somehow got smith, odds would dictate that we're gonna end up missing on one of the guys we're battling UF with -- herbert, henderson, edwards -- and i think at that point pouncey is a take given a. he may be best switching to DB anyway b. this staff hasn't shown much desire to take kids they don't want just to fill a position need (i.e. why, like, latavious brini has been forgotten or why tariq carpenter doesn't seem to be a realistic option)

Devonta Smith
Derrick Smith
N'Kosi Perry
Toryque Bateman
Jonathan Ford

Herbert - UF
Edwards - UF
Thomas - Oregon
Pouncey - Tennessee
Harley - UCLA

McFarland
Dean
Thomas
Harley
Bateman

Where is the Logan stuff coming from?

Genron via Valentine or Raymond?

As of a thread on 1/18 Pete said he's still "very much in play" FWIW.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/pete-glenn-logan/116132?highlight=glenn+logan

Advertisement
Back