Down the stretch we come!

Advertisement
Tre Johnson and Brown(LSU transfer) last year and four this year is not bad. Perhaps we land the AH kid which would take it to another level...

Also rumors that Fines moves to OG...

I think 4-5 is good for this year and 2-3 the following year and maybe follow the same pattern.. no way we get 7-9 quality o-linemen per recruiting cycle every two-years.. That's a formula for JAGs to fill the line

:monkey-serious:

Tre Johnson and Brown(LSU transfer) last year and four this year is not bad. Perhaps we land the AH kid which would take it to another level...

I think 4-5 is good for this year and 2-3 the following year and maybe follow the same pattern.. no way we get 7-9 quality o-linemen per recruiting cycle every two-years.. That's a formula for JAGs to fill the line

Good point on Fines and I completely forgot about Brown. Thanks for that.

Visitors this weekend (1/27-28):

Devonta Smith
Derrick Smith
N'Kosi Perry
Toryque Bateman
Jonathan Ford

Targets visiting other schools:

Herbert - UF
Edwards - UF
Thomas - Oregon
Pouncey - Tennessee
Harley - UCLA

Announcing this week - McFarland (1/25)

My best guess on our close with 8 days to go:

McFarland
Dean
Edwards (hopefully his in-home with Richt really does "seal the deal")
Thomas
Harley
Bateman
ONE of Smith/Pouncey (if Smith wants in, I think Pouncey gets nudged out)

Post-NSD - Logan (hopefully)

Where is the Logan stuff coming from?

Genron via Valentine or Raymond?

As of a thread on 1/18 Pete said he's still "very much in play" FWIW.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/pete-glenn-logan/116132?highlight=glenn+logan

I read that. No LSU source has confirmed this or said anything about it. NOLA.com released their updated LSU depth chart and Logan was on it. He is still on the official LSU roster.

Just seems strange that Pete would know about this before any LSU guy.

That would be like Stampini knowing Muhammad was transferring before any Miami guy.

Advertisement

That would be the ideal situation to sign an AH kid and I'm sure everyone would be satisfied with this class imo Herbert, Thomas, Dean, Edwards, and either one of the remaining receiver targets are the MUST gets anything extra is just the bow on top *McFarland too

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm guessing that's not a good recruiting strategy for the O-line to you

Not good at math?

Actually I'm pretty good at it I mastered addition at 5 lol obviously it took you a bit longer but that's ok here's the formula if you can follow. That's a maximum of 8 Quality prospects every two years on the line. No college team has multiple top-end NFL prospects on its line in one given year so get one certified elite prospect like Donaldson plus one very good prospect like Herbert plus two-three solid development guys that will possibly blossom down the line 1+1+2or3= 4-5 since you're not too good at math. It also gives you a variety of depth for multiple years, which allows you to build continuity on the line while filling holes that may present themselves. Also, if you think 7-9 is a take this year because we need "help" there is not a prospect on the board or even left in America that can come in and help us immediately.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27049-1443899704-10.gif

Hate that Thomas is visiting Oregon last.... I would imagine with all the nike money and apparel that they put on a pretty good OV

Advertisement

Devonta Smith
Derrick Smith
N'Kosi Perry
Toryque Bateman
Jonathan Ford

Herbert - UF
Edwards - UF
Thomas - Oregon
Pouncey - Tennessee
Harley - UCLA

McFarland
Dean
Thomas
Harley
Bateman

I think pouncey is in regardless.

pete could prob verify this but im hearing they told all the wr's because Thomas has an iffy academic situation.

Hate that Thomas is visiting Oregon last.... I would imagine with all the nike money and apparel that they put on a pretty good OV

They just fired their OC and their strength coach is suspended for sending multiple players to the hospital cause he is a moron. No way this kid picks Oregon.

Devonta Smith
Derrick Smith
N'Kosi Perry
Toryque Bateman
Jonathan Ford

Herbert - UF
Edwards - UF
Thomas - Oregon
Pouncey - Tennessee
Harley - UCLA

McFarland
Dean
Thomas
Harley
Bateman

pete could prob verify this but im hearing they told all the wr's because Thomas has an iffy academic situation.

Thomas is going to be fine academically

Advertisement

Devonta Smith
Derrick Smith
N'Kosi Perry
Toryque Bateman
Jonathan Ford

Herbert - UF
Edwards - UF
Thomas - Oregon
Pouncey - Tennessee
Harley - UCLA

McFarland
Dean
Thomas
Harley
Bateman

Thomas is going to be fine academically
This is BIG!!!

If we close with your predictions, my only beef would be taking only 1 DT and 2 DTs in 2 years

Very real possibility, Martin and Ford are the only 2 DTs on the roster come Spring 2018.

Advertisement
Back