Don't shoot the messenger but

Advertisement
It is not his job to lose and never has been

If anything he has to prove to the coaches has matured on and off the field.

Agree, and part of that is accepting the fact that this staff gives precedence to maturity and experience unless you just COMPLETELY out play the guy in front of you(Stacy/Duke/Flowers as freshmen). If you are even or only slightly better, you will play second fiddle to experience.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him quit, but I'm going to need more than "he didn't get his picture taken, so he's gone". If he disappears from the roster, then we will know. Where are my roster stalkers?

Advertisement
This is quite possibly the dumbest thread i've ever seen on CIS by far....even surpassing Gruden to Miami.

The QB situation will be decided in camp which starts next week and its between Olsen and Heaps. I'm sorry but Kaaya and Rosier aren't just gonna step right in and master the playbook as a true freshmen....it will take time. Olsen has been here for a year and took some meaningful reps in spring practice. Williams is coming off an ACL tear...I'm sorry but he won't be near 100% and is still quite overrated imo. So that leaves Heaps. Olsen is way more talented but Heaps has the experience. We'll see what happens.

oh and go ask Stacy Coley who his favorite QB is. None other than Pristine Baby friggin Jesus. So all the haters can go pound sand...you too Aziz.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him quit, but I'm going to need more than "he didn't get his picture taken, so he's gone". If he disappears from the roster, then we will know. Where are my roster stalkers?

He's still on the roster/ close thread

Advertisement
This is quite possibly the dumbest thread i've ever seen on CIS by far....even surpassing Gruden to Miami.

The QB situation will be decided in camp which starts next week and its between Olsen and Heaps. I'm sorry but Kaaya and Rosier aren't just gonna step right in and master the playbook as a true freshmen....it will take time. Olsen has been here for a year and took some meaningful reps in spring practice. Williams is coming off an ACL tear...I'm sorry but he won't be near 100% and is still quite overrated imo. So that leaves Heaps. Olsen is way more talented but Heaps has the experience. We'll see what happens.

This is by far the most logical view of the situation. He just won a 7v7 tourney. Fall camp is about to start. He's one of TWO guys competing for the starting job, against a transfer, who although may be more mature and all that, doesn't have as much time in the system, and the same chemistry with the team and players. At worse, he's looking at starting the season as the #2 QB, as a RsFrosh, and will be in competition to start. Seems unlikely that he would just pick up and bolt.

Olson is my least favorite out of all the Qbs we have on the roster or are committed, something about his game just doesn't vibe with me. I don't think he's gunna end up playing much in his time here but I doubt he's going to transfer this soon. I wouldn't put much into this unless something else more significant comes along.

how does he quit if we go w/ williams or heap this year? he will be a redshirt soph w/ 3 years to play and battle it out with kayaa next spring and fall with 2 seniors leaving.
or he can transfer and sit out the same year and compete the following year at another school, just like he would do here with kayaa.

it doesn't make sense, at least not from a "not playing" standpoint for him to transfer. assuming we go w/ heaps/williams, he'd not playing any sooner at another school.

Advertisement
Everyone on this board seems to think Kaaya is going to take his 5.5 speed and blaze right past Olsen on the depth chart. There really isn't much of a basis for that assumption at this point.

Advertisement
Everyone is so annoying thinking they know what this kid is as a person when none of you have met him you should get your self together instead of making character assessments on him when all hes done is party as a freshman and comeback and win the 7 on 7 tournament we had over the summer so let the kid breath

I'd love for Olsen to nail down the job, but his performance in the spring game didn't inspire much optimism. Do you guys really feel comfortable with him leading us into Papa Johns Stadium on Labor Day?

while Olsen didnt look good in spring vs probably the worst defense we will see all year, this guy Heaps looks like **** too. if its close, we should roll with Olsen and let Heaps be his backup

Lots of speculation in this thread.

That pre-practice practice must have really decided the QB of the future.

Advertisement
Back