DONT KILL THE MESSENGER

What about all this talk of Charlie Strong out at Texas? He would be a great fit. More of a hard a$$ then any of our last few coaches. Seems like he has a good relationship in the area. I think he is running into a big ole **** storm in Texas. Where they, like us are in denial of how different the game has become. However unlike us they will not be giving him the time to build it his way. They will fire him and go spend BIG money. Personally, I think Strong is a great candidate. Not to bring up race, but I have always thought a black coach belonged at the U. Just from a demographics standpoint. Its seems fairly common knowledge that african americans relate better to african americans. Look at most SEC schools lead recruiters for the Miami area. But maybe thats me making something out of nothing... So, sorry if that idea offends anyone. Not my intention.

Advertisement
What about all this talk of Charlie Strong out at Texas? He would be a great fit. More of a hard a$$ then any of our last few coaches. Seems like he has a good relationship in the area. I think he is running into a big ole **** storm in Texas. Where they, like us are in denial of how different the game has become. However unlike us they will not be giving him the time to build it his way. They will fire him and go spend BIG money. Personally, I think Strong is a great candidate. Not to bring up race, but I have always thought a black coach belonged at the U. Just from a demographics standpoint. Its seems fairly common knowledge that african americans relate better to african americans. Look at most SEC schools lead recruiters for the Miami area. But maybe thats me making something out of nothing... So, sorry if that idea offends anyone. Not my intention.

Please make it stop.

I would rather have Randy Shannon.

Chalie Strong is a total fraud.

Advertisement
Hue Jackson is the best offensive football coach on the planet right now.

If he is interested its a no brainer.

I would take him over Chud and that is saying alot.

I love the knee jerk reaction by many of you in this thread. You're killing Jackson as a prospect yet most of you have no clue what he has done.

He's never coordinated nor HC'd a good team in his whole career.

And the corching tree he comes from is nothing but SCHIT!

What the fvck else is there to know?

I'm just glad their is finally some real talk going around. Their is plenty of time to do research and find the right guy. Much better than firing him in December/January and starting the process then. If we can Can Golden before the season ends it bodes better for the current recruiting class coming in.

Our program looks 10 times better than it did when Golden took over. He did a good job of getting us through a terrible period off the field. Now its time to get someone to come in and Win football games!!

This is exciting. Hue wont be the first or last "mentioned candidate".

I love the knee jerk reaction by many of you in this thread. You're killing Jackson as a prospect yet most of you have no clue what he has done.

I think a big thing to know is who are his "defensive guys" if he is an offensive coach?

Advertisement
all that african americans relate better to african americans is nonsense. alot of players are still defending golden, shannon got no support from his kids. alot of these kids want to play for white coaches because it doesnt remind them of the father who left them. that isn't a racist comment. its actually something a coach told me. they trust white coaches more

all that african americans relate better to african americans is nonsense. alot of players are still defending golden, shannon got no support from his kids. alot of these kids want to play for white coaches because it doesnt remind them of the father who left them. that isn't a racist comment. its actually something a coach told me. they trust white coaches more

You are an idiot!

And whatever coach told you that, if it really happened, is also an idiot!

Advertisement

I think a big thing to know is who are his "defensive guys" if he is an offensive coach?

the answers are:

Chuck Breshnahan
Kevin Ross
Rod Woodson
Mike Waufle

meh....

Jackson is actually a very good coach. He actually knows what he's doing unlinke of current coaches. He actually knows how to design a scheme and run it. He's been successful in the league as an OC and currently has the #1 offense in the NFL despite having a average QB in Dalton. Hue would make Kaaya the #1 pick. Jackson has been a HC before and went a surprisingly 8-8 with a roster lacking big time talent. That shows he can do more with less unlike current staff. Jackson would be a very good hire but I don't see it happening.

"Jackson has been a HC before and went a surprisingly 8-8 with a roster lacking big time talent. That shows he can do more with less unlike current staff."

Maybe that's true but the sample size is not big enough to say that.

Do not give a **** about the buyout.

Admin is the reason for the buyout to begin with. Shouldn't have hired a cheap coach and then extended him.

If they **** this hire up...guaranteed they'll be funding another buyout in 4 years.

Advertisement
He's been away from the college game for 15 years. Why Jackson any affiliation with the Canes

Willie, D Money or Cribby, do your guys have enough juice to suggest other candidates for potential interview? For example, could your guys mention Tom Herman or Justin Fuente or any of the other candidates that we've been discussing and actually have them be considered? Or is it a pipe dream on our part that these guys could be in contention unless they are identified by the BOT/athletics department?

I know nothing about the search or any names , like I said " I'm no insider" I was going on what I was told in Dec/ Jan. I've already mentioned Hue had agent contact UM back then.

Only other names I heard was Chud and Mario, because of UM ties. With Chud being the heavy favorite out of those two.

He also said that he was told Butch is not happening . Too many rustled jimmies.

That's it for me, I don't dig or beg for info. I just take what he tells me and normally keep it to myself . The only reason I mentioned this is the info is **** near a year old .

Would love Jim Leavitt as our next DC regardless who the next coach is.

Advertisement
Back