DONT KILL THE MESSENGER

NO WAY IN **** is Hue Jackson coming here. He's all NFL. He's been waiting for an NFL gig for a minute. His name is always thrown out for NFL positions. We ain't his alma mater so therefore he's not going to just give us love. He's all NFL...I repeat, ALL NFL.

Let's say he is the leading candidate and gets the job, first chance at an NFL gig he will bolt, and we are back at square one.

And the reason he would get that job is because he had success at Miami. Isn't this what we want? Our coaches to be wanted at the pro-level?

Just worry about the now.

Conman, it isn't accurate to assume that he would have to be successful in order to receive an NFL coaching job. Bill O'Brian went a mediocre 8-4 and 7-5 at PSU and left after 2 years for the NFL.

Looking at Hue's career he is a serial job hopper. The longest he has stayed at any of his coaching jobs is 2 years. So the chances of him leaving if he gets called to the NFL would be high if we are judge him by his career pattern.

A few things PotatoCane,

1. Every successful coach we had left for the pros. None were lifers. Again, none were lifers. This is normal, coaches move to better gigs after having success.

2. Bill O'Brien did a great job considering what happened at PSU and what he had to deal with. That is success. That is why Doug Marrone at Cuse left, he did well for what he had at Cuse.

3. Hue is already in the NFL. He is due for a HC position at the NFL level soon. He doesn't have to come to college to earn a HC gig. It doesn't matter anyway because if he leaves it would be because of success.

Advertisement
Firing Day is 56 away.

Huey Jackson?

We're living in a land of make believe
And trying not to let it show
Maybe in that land of make believe
Heartaches can turn into joy

[video=youtube;MMRr8uyypbE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMRr8uyypbE[/video]

Advertisement
I have a coach who grew up in Miami, won at the hs level in Miami, coached in the pros, worked with Saban, coached at UM, considered a recruiter, and has an eye for qb talent. He also coaches a top 30 offense right now. Anyone want thi guy. This is hhow ridiculous everyone sounds about who is considered a good coach or a bad one. The fact is there is almost no good predictor for success unless you go and steal one of the best. . Heck some of the greats even sucker at other places. Jimmy Johnson was 28-24. You can say yeah well he coached at okie St. But this is hindsight except for the ad that hired him. Just cause Herman and Fuentes are doing well doesn't mean they can handle Miami. Can they work with handlers. What kind of staff can they attract? Maybe Cristobal has improved maybe not. Maybe hue Jackson would kill it. I get people have their choices but it's a total crap shoot. By the way the coach I described is James Coley. Lmao

Makes no sense for Hue Jackson to leave a highly successful stint as an NFL OC to be a college head coach when he's a premier candidate for NFL HC jobs.

The fans who don't know of him or don't like him are narrow-minded idiots who haven't moved on from 2002...sad.

Advertisement
Hmm, I actually trust you wherrererararearrear. Hue Jackson though. I remember him being with my Skins way back when. Anybody able to think of why him?

He went 8-8 with the Raiders , so that's the equilivent of going 14-2 anywhere else.

Sounds like what everyone said about Al -- He won at Temple. We have three former Miami coaches that have experience losing at crappy NFL franchises. Two have additional HC experience in college. No sure why the guy.

Yeah because Al was coaching at the highest level with a terrible owner and GM. Pretty much the same thing

You related to this guy or something? Sound really, really, devoted to a dude has not actually won a thing. Like almost any coach this guy is a throw of the dice. Hue makes zero impact upon hiring. IF he starts winning big, then maybe he can recruit but remember, unlike others, he will not be recruiting against Golden but rather all the guys who used Al as shower mate.

Hmm, I actually trust you wherrererararearrear. Hue Jackson though. I remember him being with my Skins way back when. Anybody able to think of why him?

He went 8-8 with the Raiders , so that's the equilivent of going 14-2 anywhere else.

Sounds like what everyone said about Al -- He won at Temple. We have three former Miami coaches that have experience losing at crappy NFL franchises. Two have additional HC experience in college. No sure why the guy.

Yeah because Al was coaching at the highest level with a terrible owner and GM. Pretty much the same thing

You related to this guy or something? Sound really, really, devoted to a dude has not actually won a thing. Like almost any coach this guy is a throw of the dice. Hue makes zero impact upon hiring. IF he starts winning big, then maybe he can recruit but remember, unlike others, he will not be recruiting against Golden but rather all the guys who used Al as shower mate.

Nah, I just think he'd be a great pick .

How stupid of me to thjnk a guy in line to be an nfl head coach be my college coach . A guy that's well respected in the pros .

I'm sorry. I'd rather have a guy at Houston who's coached four games or an ol coach at bama .

I apologize.

Nah, I just think he'd be a great pick .

How stupid of me to thjnk a guy in line to be an nfl head coach be my college coach . A guy that's well respected in the pros .

I'm sorry. I'd rather have a guy at Houston who's coached four games or an ol coach at bama .

I apologize.

I agree that any coach is a shot in dark. ****, JJ could coach a bowl game until year 4. I like Butch, but think Chud might be better. Prefer Greg to Mario and trust nobody from Big 12. Just seemed like you were all in on Hue. Maybe I am too old and Hue reminds me of the Battle of Hue in Nam or "he won at .... " is too Golden for me. The fan base has been butchered by BOT and needs a MASH unit badly. Maybe Hue is the man but I think the banner will fly early if he does not delivery fast. Butch at least will get 3 full years of peace.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No to Hue but yes to Mcdaniels ? Seriously ?

Dude was an absolute abortion in Denver. He's the dumb *** that put his HC career in Tim Tebows hands, he's clearly not the smartest ****.

I mean Bozo the clown could be the OC in NE, every OC there looks like a gawd , remember Charlie Weiss?

When you have arguably the greatest qb ever you tend to look pretty decent as a play caller.

McDaniels is considered by many around the NFL as the top head coaching candidate for 2016's openings. He interviewed for a few jobs last season but reportedly turned them down. He was hired as Denver's head coach at only 33, and that experience humbled him. He's being very selective about his next HC job.

He's being mentored by Bellichek and is regarded as one of the brightest offensive minds in the league.

Bellichek, Carroll, and Saban all failed at NFL stops and found their way. McDaniels was too young and too arrogant. He's learning under the master now and his skill as a play designer and caller is why he's being touted as the #1 candidate in 2016 by everyone around the league.

Hue is nothing more than a career journeyman.

I can't wait to watch them try and wait till the end of the year when we lose the next 4 for a 5 game losing streak. I am going to laugh my **** off watching them try and defend not firing him for the rest of the year. I also can't wait to hear him talk about progress and ignoring the noise at that point.

for real. notice how we don't hear from blake any more. he was far more vocal last season.

If FSU puts a merciless beat down on us at the Doak, the pressure on the Board is going to start to build up from the Big Time Ibis Donors from the outside. Also from the networks and the ACC, who don't want to put any more embarrassing bullsh*t on their air.

And if that's not enough, the beat down from Clemson should put the nail in the coffin.

I can't wait to watch them try and wait till the end of the year when we lose the next 4 for a 5 game losing streak. I am going to laugh my **** off watching them try and defend not firing him for the rest of the year. I also can't wait to hear him talk about progress and ignoring the noise at that point.

for real. notice how we don't hear from blake any more. he was far more vocal last season.

If FSU puts a merciless beat down on us at the Doak, the pressure on the Board is going to start to build up from the Big Time Ibis Donors from the outside. Also from the networks and the ACC, who don't want to put any more embarrassing bullsh*t on their air.

FSU's offense is not good enough to hand out beatings. Their offense is very average. I won't be surprised if we keep it close for a long while. those wishing for a thumping aren't gonna get it.

No to Hue but yes to Mcdaniels ? Seriously ?

Dude was an absolute abortion in Denver. He's the dumb *** that put his HC career in Tim Tebows hands, he's clearly not the smartest ****.

I mean Bozo the clown could be the OC in NE, every OC there looks like a gawd , remember Charlie Weiss?

When you have arguably the greatest qb ever you tend to look pretty decent as a play caller.

McDaniels is considered by many around the NFL as the top head coaching candidate for 2016's openings. He interviewed for a few jobs last season but reportedly turned them down. He was hired as Denver's head coach at only 33, and that experience humbled him. He's being very selective about his next HC job.

He's being mentored by Bellichek and is regarded as one of the brightest offensive minds in the league.

Bellichek, Carroll, and Saban all failed at NFL stops and found their way. McDaniels was too young and too arrogant. He's learning under the master now and his skill as a play designer and caller is why he's being touted as the #1 candidate in 2016 by everyone around the league.

Hue is nothing more than a career journeyman.

Hue is also being touted for NFL head-coaching jobs.

He may have bounced around a lot, but it means he's been exposed to different coaches, systems, and concepts. I'm wary of the guy who's basically only been at one place just as much as I'm wary of the journeyman.

The one time McDaniels left the Bellichick bubble, he failed, just like pretty much ever other one of his disciples.

Hue has the Bengals' offense eatin' with Andy Dalton, not Tom Brady.

I'm not 100% sold on either guy, and I wouldn't dismiss one over the other.

Advertisement
Back