My Top 5

1. Tom Herman
2. Hue Jackson
3. D.Fuentes
4. Butch Davis
5. Coach MAcho as D Coordinator
6. Fold the Program

Advertisement
Lol!!! I'm not going that far, but I agree Vern! Hue is a good match for us. Like the hire... If this rumor is true.

Advertisement
my gut is telling me butch might be the quick fix. they might panic and fire golden and hire butch quick

From your mouth to God's ears. If you think about it, there's few other people actually available that would create the kind of instant buzz and excitement amongst the fans and recruits that Butch would. Plus, he'd be monetarily favorable to a cheap BOT. But, alas, I'll believe it when I see it.

NO WAY IN **** is Hue Jackson coming here. He's all NFL. He's been waiting for an NFL gig for a minute. His name is always thrown out for NFL positions. We ain't his alma mater so therefore he's not going to just give us love. He's all NFL...I repeat, ALL NFL.

I don't understand why people keep insisting he's an "NFL guy"? Half of his resume is at the college level. As late as 2000, he was the Offensive Coordinator for USC; a big time program. Plus, we do run a pro style offense, so the NFL experience should be a plus. Not saying I know how he'd do one way or the other, but I don't get dismissing him completely because of the NFL thing.

Advertisement
NO WAY IN **** is Hue Jackson coming here. He's all NFL. He's been waiting for an NFL gig for a minute. His name is always thrown out for NFL positions. We ain't his alma mater so therefore he's not going to just give us love. He's all NFL...I repeat, ALL NFL.

Let's say he is the leading candidate and gets the job, first chance at an NFL gig he will bolt, and we are back at square one.

And the reason he would get that job is because he had success at Miami. Isn't this what we want? Our coaches to be wanted at the pro-level?

Just worry about the now.

Here's the problem with that.

The loss to Ohio State in 2003 killed this program and put it into a tailspin. We never recovered from that. Following that defeat, institutional rot and corruption, combined with increasingly incompetent coaching and and administration, led to a steep decline in a once dominant program.

We don't need someone who looks at the Gables as a pit stop between Cincinnati and the New England Job when Belichick retires. This program needs direction, leadership, and commitment for the long term.

The logical thing to do is to commit to Butch for five years to restore the program to national dominance, wall off the State of Miami, and put the butts in the seats.

It's such an easy step, any one of us would pay the buyout, because the financial return in the out years from television and Adidas would be enough to help offset UHealth while the Administrative people restored that end of the University to financial health. But the people on the Board have to get past what happened after the Peach Bowl back in 2001.

Every coach we ever had when we were dominant was a "pit stop" guy: Schnellenberger, Jimmy, Butch, Erickson, etc. It's those long term, face of the program, college lifers, like Coker and Folden that destroyed us. When you have great success at a college program that plays pro style ball, the NFL is going to come calling.

My best guess is honestly jeremy pruitt

I think he should definitely get interviewed

He's in my top three behind Butch and Hermon

The dude was DC for three straight NC teams.
Not many coordinators out there have that on their resume.

Give me a great defense. everything else will fall into place.
So why do I like Herman so much?

I like Pruitt a lot but Herman seems like the better choice. Both of them together would be even better.

Herman has experience under Urban which is big and is currently a head coach. Also, like a poster above pointed out, the OSU Offense hasn't looked as sharp without him. He would be great for Kaaya.

I don't understand why people keep insisting he's an "NFL guy"? Half of his resume is at the college level. As late as 2000, he was the Offensive Coordinator for USC; a big time program. Plus, we do run a pro style offense, so the NFL experience should be a plus. Not saying I know how he'd do one way or the other, but I don't get dismissing him completely because of the NFL thing.

I would not dismiss him even if he was an NFL guy but I would need assurances that he will stay at UM for at least 5 years.

One way to do this is make his buyout for NFL teams so high that it virtually guarantees that he will be here for that duration. If he doesn''t agree I say him to kick rocks.

The last thing this program needs is for a guy to go two straight years of posting 8-5 records then bolting for the pro's to have UM beginning the coaching search all over again.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Let's say he is the leading candidate and gets the job, first chance at an NFL gig he will bolt, and we are back at square one.

He has to ******* win consistently to get a chance at an NFL gig.

I'm ok with that - that's what Miami was built on.

ButchDavis.jpg

Advertisement
Top 5

Fuente
Herman
Morris
Pruitt
Montgomery

Of those 5 we should have at least 3 that would be interested in the job. I think all of the above would be great hires. I don't know much about Hue Jackson. But those five guys above I believe would kill it at Miami

And the reason he would get that job is because he had success at Miami. Isn't this what we want? Our coaches to be wanted at the pro-level?

Just worry about the now.

Here's the problem with that.

The loss to Ohio State in 2003 killed this program and put it into a tailspin. We never recovered from that. Following that defeat, institutional rot and corruption, combined with increasingly incompetent coaching and and administration, led to a steep decline in a once dominant program.

We don't need someone who looks at the Gables as a pit stop between Cincinnati and the New England Job when Belichick retires. This program needs direction, leadership, and commitment for the long term.

The logical thing to do is to commit to Butch for five years to restore the program to national dominance, wall off the State of Miami, and put the butts in the seats.

It's such an easy step, any one of us would pay the buyout, because the financial return in the out years from television and Adidas would be enough to help offset UHealth while the Administrative people restored that end of the University to financial health. But the people on the Board have to get past what happened after the Peach Bowl back in 2001.

Every coach we ever had when we were dominant was a "pit stop" guy: Schnellenberger, Jimmy, Butch, Erickson, etc. It's those long term, face of the program, college lifers, like Coker and Folden that destroyed us. When you have great success at a college program that plays pro style ball, the NFL is going to come calling.

I see your point, but perhaps we need someone to do a Saban or an Urban Meyer here and turn this into a destination job, at least for five years or so, before they go calling on the NFL.

That said, it should be noted that Howard was here 5 years before he left. Butch almost 5.

Al, well he's been here four years too long.

Advertisement
Back