Don't be surprised if Kaaya Struggles in 2015.

Sonny Long

Thunderdome
Purgatory
This is not a "I hate Kaaya" Thread. In fact, the Kaaya DESERVED to win 11 games last year, but he was let down by an incompetent Staff.

1. What we saw from BK in 2014 was the result of his HS development, which was very good. We saw the same thing with Stacy Coley as a True Freshman in 2013. A year later, SC was basically a non-factor. Why? I am not buying Sophomore Slump or Teeth Issues. It's Development. There is plenty of tape on BK now and this staff has repeatedly shown its inability to adjust and adapt. Even the best can struggle WITH quality coaching. See: Jameis Winston, who I will mentioned again.

2. In 2015, Folden will slow down the offensive game plan to hide the deficiencies of the defense. This will seriously hurt BK.

3. QB Competition? There Is None. Not saying he needs to be looking over his shoulder, but a legit backup makes a difference. Ryan Williams played an important role for BK in 2014. See Jameis Winston with Jacob Coker as a Back Up and Jameis Winston with Sean MaGuire as a Back Up.

I, like everyone else, hope BK has a good year. However, in 2015, we will see Folden's development of BK and something tells me that we will be disappointed.

I will not mention Injury, but many have doubts about this new OLine for 2015.

Advertisement
There's more talent on defense than Golden has had since he arrived. There should be no reason for him to want to slow the game down.

There's more talent on defense than Golden has had since he arrived. There should be no reason for him to want to slow the game down.

It's in his DNA. Folden is not about "Lights out Defense." He is about drives that produce Field Goals, which he admitted. We still have some of the WORST interior DLs in the ACC.

Advertisement
If Paul Williams is still here, then Kaaya will probably struggle.

LOL It's not PW. PW is just doing what he is told to do. Recruits ask PW if they will get to play a lot of Man and Tight. PW tells them not to count on it. Recruits get mad. Again, PW is just doing what he is TOLD to do.

This is not a "I hate Kaaya" Thread. In fact, the Kaaya DESERVED to win 11 games last year, but he was let down by an incompetent Staff.

1. What we saw from BK in 2014 was the result of his HS development, which was very good. We saw the same thing with Stacy Coley as a True Freshman in 2013. A year later, SC was basically a non-factor. Why? I am not buying Sophomore Slump or Teeth Issues. It's Development. There is plenty of tape on BK now and this staff has repeatedly shown its inability to adjust and adapt. Even the best can struggle WITH quality coaching. See: Jameis Winston, who I will mentioned again.

2. In 2015, Folden will slow down the offensive game plan to hide the deficiencies of the defense. This will seriously hurt BK.

3. QB Competition? There Is None. Not saying he needs to be looking over his shoulder, but a legit backup makes a difference. Ryan Williams played an important role for BK in 2014. See Jameis Winston with Jacob Coker as a Back Up and Jameis Winston with Sean MaGuire as a Back Up.

I, like everyone else, hope BK has a good year. However, in 2015, we will see Folden's development of BK and something tells me that we will be disappointed.

I will not mention Injury, but many have doubts about this new OLine for 2015.

Agree plus you can't lose a first round LT, All conference RB, TE and WR (about 70-75% of all the offensive production) and not expect a drop off, unless you are a blind homer.

Op is rooting for the team to fail so they can look good if it does happen... F_ck off man... It's a new season

Advertisement
The old sophomore slump, happens all the time,
As long as AG is gone after this year we will recover
I wouldn't want to see kaaya get banged up in spring as it would give an excuse to folden, plus brad is to good character of a guy/football player

He's going to have plenty of time to build a rapport with these guys:

career rec/yds/td

Waters - 58/910/8
Coley - 56/775/7
Lewis - 40/392/2
Scott - 39/552/3
Berrios - 21/232/2
Yearby - 8/118/1
Dobard - 8/162/0

He struggled in 2014 with 4 top round draft picks to distribute the ball to/protect him..

Of course he will struggle in 2015.

Advertisement

career rec/yds/td

Waters - 58/910/8
Coley - 56/775/7
Lewis - 40/392/2
Scott - 39/552/3
Berrios - 21/232/2
Yearby - 8/118/1
Dobard - 8/162/0

I think the best thing that happened for BK in 2014 IS THAT HE DID NOT ENROLL EARLY.

Last edited:
Advertisement

career rec/yds/td

Waters - 58/910/8
Coley - 56/775/7
Lewis - 40/392/2
Scott - 39/552/3
Berrios - 21/232/2
Yearby - 8/118/1
Dobard - 8/162/0

I think the best thing that happened for BK in 2014 IS THAT HE DID ENROLL EARLY.

Earlyish. Only had a few months. Now he's going to have an entire offseason.

Disagree with the OP but at least he didn't go the easy (but wrong) route and claim that Duke was a crutch for the offense that isn't there now.

That said, Ryan Williams was irrelevant to Kayaa in 2014. Not sure what was meant by that.

This is where Coach Coley shows what he's made of...he's supposed to be a QB wizard. Full off-season with Brad Kayaa no reason for a drop off. Teach him how to properly watch film work more on mechanics he'll be ok. Not like he's learning a new offense. We haven't had a QB like Kayaa in over a decade let's just enjoy the few things going right with this program.

Advertisement
Back