Don't be surprised if Kaaya Struggles in 2015.

I agreed with O.p. on the FSu against Oregon prediction and i agree with him now.

No one expected FSU to have 5 turnovers......

And anyone expecting kaaya to do great now that DC's have a full year of film on him WITH THIS coaching staff is an imbecile.

If petrino was his oc.. kiffin... or even leach... i wouldnt say this.

But because this staff cant be trusted and the known fact that it gets tougher on players after a year of film on their flaws.. i have to agree with the o.p.

Advertisement
Brad Kaaya is not the type of person to get comfortable. He wants to succeed in order to be great and he will.

I am sure Duke and others felt that way as the team racked up 16 losses in 3 years.

Duke was limited in his power here. Its very hard for a RB to will a team to victory in CFB. A good/great QB is worth at least 9 wins. Everyone knew that FSU had taken a step back this year but because they had Jameis and an easy schedule, they still went undefeated.

I don't know what Kaaya will or wont be..But I know he will not be outworked (Talking to you Stephen Morris), he is not interested in being a South Beach celebrity (Talking to you Jacory Harris), he has a foundation that you can build on as far as the mental aspect of being a QB (Talking to you Kirby Freeman and Kyle Wright).

I am betting that he wont take a step back. I think he actually saves this program. JMO.

By the way, who were those good QBs at Nebraska and Wisconsin?

LOL. They were a helluva a lot more experienced then Brad Kaaya that's for **** sure! Neither were Tr-Fr. (mind you. Kaaya didnt come for the spring. that is almost unheard of for a QB at a big time program to start day 1 strictly off fall ball.. Im not sure if Terrelle Pryor pulled that off. Think he sat for a few games.)

Your argument would hold weight if Ryan Williams were the QB. I stand by my statement that a RB cant carry a team to 9-10 wins like a QB can.

This is a silly debate thread anyway. Either your with Brad or you aint. Conjuring up silly debates like this about the one bright spot in this prgm is reaching.

Shut up. You lost.

I agreed with O.p. on the FSu against Oregon prediction and i agree with him now.

No one expected FSU to have 5 turnovers......

And anyone expecting kaaya to do great now that DC's have a full year of film on him WITH THIS coaching staff is an imbecile.

If petrino was his oc.. kiffin... or even leach... i wouldnt say this.

But because this staff cant be trusted and the known fact that it gets tougher on players after a year of film on their flaws.. i have to agree with the o.p.

They all say Folden sucks, which he does. Yet, he is going develop a QB. That is funny as ****.

Coley had a sophomore slump because he didn't put in the work over the offseason. Period. It has nothing to do with the coaching staff not developing him. I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt you will see Kaaya have a sophomore slump due to lack of off season work. If anything I believe he will be much improved with the experience he got this year, and a full off season to work with his receivers. Not to mention he will more than likely be bigger and stronger next year. I think he will be better, and it will make everyone around him better. Not saying it'll mean we'll win 10 games, but if we lose 5 it won't be because of Kaaya.

Now, Coley did not work. LMAO. I guess Herb W. did not work either.

We loss 7 and they weren't because of Kaaya. BK's win over FSU was stolen by Folden and Company.

was stolen by his own performance ***

+1
They ran the same plays and threw more than before. Once the middle was taken away from him, he struggled...

Coley had a sophomore slump because he didn't put in the work over the offseason. Period. It has nothing to do with the coaching staff not developing him. I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt you will see Kaaya have a sophomore slump due to lack of off season work. If anything I believe he will be much improved with the experience he got this year, and a full off season to work with his receivers. Not to mention he will more than likely be bigger and stronger next year. I think he will be better, and it will make everyone around him better. Not saying it'll mean we'll win 10 games, but if we lose 5 it won't be because of Kaaya.

We loss 7 and they weren't because of Kaaya. BK's win over FSU was stolen by Folden and Company.

+1
They ran the same plays and threw more than before. Once the middle was taken away from him, he struggled...

Again, Defense is supposed to adjust. Why didn't we? Because Coley sucks!

Advertisement
Another thinly veiled "I hate anything Miami" thread? You G-dam Gators rag on everything yo.

+1

Again, Defense is supposed to adjust. Why didn't we? Because Coley sucks!

Yea Coley didn't adjust well. However, Kaaya didn't play well in the 2nd half. That being said, OC takes the bulk of the blame as opposed to the true freshman. Kaaya is talented but I do agree that he will struggle. Veteran playmakers helped him out a lot however, there won't be as many next year...

Advertisement
This is not a "I hate Kaaya" Thread. In fact, the Kaaya DESERVED to win 11 games last year, but he was let down by an incompetent Staff.

1. What we saw from BK in 2014 was the result of his HS development, which was very good. We saw the same thing with Stacy Coley as a True Freshman in 2013. A year later, SC was basically a non-factor. Why? I am not buying Sophomore Slump or Teeth Issues. It's Development. There is plenty of tape on BK now and this staff has repeatedly shown its inability to adjust and adapt. Even the best can struggle WITH quality coaching. See: Jameis Winston, who I will mentioned again.

2. In 2015, Folden will slow down the offensive game plan to hide the deficiencies of the defense. This will seriously hurt BK.

3. QB Competition? There Is None. Not saying he needs to be looking over his shoulder, but a legit backup makes a difference. Ryan Williams played an important role for BK in 2014. See Jameis Winston with Jacob Coker as a Back Up and Jameis Winston with Sean MaGuire as a Back Up.

I, like everyone else, hope BK has a good year. However, in 2015, we will see Folden's development of BK and something tells me that we will be disappointed.

I will not mention Injury, but many have doubts about this new OLine for 2015.

Agree plus you can't lose a first round LT, All conference RB, TE and WR (about 70-75% of all the offensive production) and not expect a drop off, unless you are a blind homer.

Agreed.

I too think Kaaya will struggle next season, in large part because I don't believe the supporting cast will be as good in 2015 as it was in 2014. Im not sold on our receiving corp.

No Duke or another close to what he brought last year. His number one target and safety blanket Clive is gone. Your WR who stretched the field opening up the shorter passing routes is gone. The guy protecting your blindside and another stout OL are gone as well. No question about it, he'll struggle.

Advertisement
Ummm and the fact that we lose Dorsett, Walford, Duke Johnson and Flowers....probably his 3 top wr's from last year and his best blocking lineman...

This offense (and season) will go as far as Kehoe's groups takes them. If they struggle again with depth, injuries and continue to under perform then he will struggle as well as the entire offense.

With a lot of depth and maturity, this should be the best Miami defense that Golden has had.

Advertisement
OC Coley is about as imaginative as dial up internet. Worst WR screen coach in college football. Did I mention worst red zone play caller too? Well I did now.

Dont think Kayaa will struggle. this year was rough for him. and this kid is hard on himself. he will come out next year and light it up. our RB situation sucks because he could have benefited with Duke coming back but i think with KB at WR coach, you will see the receivers play at another level which will help Kayaa play better and trust his receivers more. Yearby fully healthy will be awesome to see. you can see at the end of the year it started clicking. Yearby will be ready with Ice as coach.

OC Coley is about as imaginative as dial up internet. Worst WR screen coach in college football. Did I mention worst red zone play caller too? Well I did now.

Very possible that Kaaya will Struggle.......

Last edited:
Kaaya should have redshirted. Period.

Gorlden thought he was corching for his life last season that's why he threw Kaaya to the wolves.

Little did Gorlden's dumb ******* *** know that the UM admin is as feckless as he is flaccid.

Advertisement
Back