Don't be surprised if Kaaya Struggles in 2015.

Advertisement
Obviously, that one rep of 225, or less, did not hurt him in 2013. Now did it.

I agree players must work, but U Tough turned out to be U FAT. Ask, DP, Chick and others.

I'm not the only one who believes this was a problem for him. He couldn't have put in a **** of a lot of work and put up ONE rep of 225 before the season. Back up kickers do better than that, if they work. So tell me, should the coaching staff push the bar up for him, or should he do some of that himself? I don't LIKE what I've seen from this staff, but the players have to do some work for themselves, you know?

So you tell me, who's fault is it Coley put up 225 ONE time?
Coley had a sophomore slump because he didn't put in the work over the offseason. Period. It has nothing to do with the coaching staff not developing him. I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt you will see Kaaya have a sophomore slump due to lack of off season work. If anything I believe he will be much improved with the experience he got this year, and a full off season to work with his receivers. Not to mention he will more than likely be bigger and stronger next year. I think he will be better, and it will make everyone around him better. Not saying it'll mean we'll win 10 games, but if we lose 5 it won't be because of Kaaya.

Now, Coley did not work. LMAO. I guess Herb W. did not work either.

We loss 7 and they weren't because of Kaaya. BK's win over FSU was stolen by Folden and Company.

Maybe his head got a little fat with his early success. It happens.

Advertisement
So basically you're saying he might struggle, riveting deduction on your part. SMH.

Maybe his head got a little fat with his early success. It happens.

I am not saying that. He will need MORE from the Staff.

QB's have tendencies that good DCs can scheme against. Ex. Favorite throws. Favorite throws in certain situations. Check downs.

A good RB is hard to scheme against, other than preventing him from him getting to the 2nd level.

Coley is an awful play-caller, especially after defensive adjustments. Go back to the USCe game. Spurrier wanted the ball in his top WR's hands at all costs. So he moved him around...looking for mismatches. Dude torched us.

When have you seen Coley do that?

Advertisement
He's struggled big-time since halftime of the FSU game.

Again, that is where the Staff comes in. Defenses are supposed to adjust.

We are supposed to Phucking adjust to...............................Nope Not Us.

We are supposed to Phucking adjust to...............................Nope Not Us.

He was missing easy throws and reads in the second half. It wasn't all on the staff. Plus Jalen Ramsey.

Coley not having any experience with QB development should be a major concern.

He was missing easy throws and reads in the second half. It wasn't all on the staff. Plus Jalen Ramsey.

Coley not having any experience with QB development should be a major concern.

Yes, he missed some throws. That Happens. However, not adjusting to Ramsey was down right retarded.

This is not a "I hate Kaaya" Thread. In fact, the Kaaya DESERVED to win 11 games last year, but he was let down by an incompetent Staff.

1. What we saw from BK in 2014 was the result of his HS development, which was very good. We saw the same thing with Stacy Coley as a True Freshman in 2013. A year later, SC was basically a non-factor. Why? I am not buying Sophomore Slump or Teeth Issues. It's Development. There is plenty of tape on BK now and this staff has repeatedly shown its inability to adjust and adapt. Even the best can struggle WITH quality coaching. See: Jameis Winston, who I will mentioned again.

2. In 2015, Folden will slow down the offensive game plan to hide the deficiencies of the defense. This will seriously hurt BK.

3. QB Competition? There Is None. Not saying he needs to be looking over his shoulder, but a legit backup makes a difference. Ryan Williams played an important role for BK in 2014. See Jameis Winston with Jacob Coker as a Back Up and Jameis Winston with Sean MaGuire as a Back Up.

I, like everyone else, hope BK has a good year. However, in 2015, we will see Folden's development of BK and something tells me that we will be disappointed.

I will not mention Injury, but many have doubts about this new OLine for 2015.

OP is right. Kaaya "regressing" or not performing up to expectations could be a very real possibility (though I hope it's not and he continues to develop/fine tune his game, and becomes a top ranked qb nationally as we all know he is capable of becoming). Though with this staff you just don't know. We all expect Kaaya to continue to be great (which the potential to do so is tremendous), but one thing a lot of fans aren't taking into account is the improvement of the other teams on our schedule during the offseason, especially since there is adequate film on him now. Here's to hoping his natural ability, leadership, and skill overcomes the coaching deficiencies he will undoubtedly have to deal with. This is not a pessimistic post, but a realistic outlook.

Advertisement
My only concern in regards to Kaaya is Coley

He's a God awful coordinator and play caller. The talent on this years offense surrounding Kaaya won't be as good and Coley's has not business calling plays at a major division 1 school.

This staff can't get fired soon enough.

My only concern in regards to Kaaya is Coley

He's a God awful coordinator and play caller. The talent on this years offense surrounding Kaaya won't be as good and Coley's has not business calling plays at a major division 1 school.

This staff can't get fired soon enough.

I agree.

Brad Kaaya is not the type of person to get comfortable. He wants to succeed in order to be great and he will.

I am sure Duke and others felt that way as the team racked up 16 losses in 3 years.

Duke was limited in his power here. Its very hard for a RB to will a team to victory in CFB. A good/great QB is worth at least 9 wins. Everyone knew that FSU had taken a step back this year but because they had Jameis and an easy schedule, they still went undefeated.

I don't know what Kaaya will or wont be..But I know he will not be outworked (Talking to you Stephen Morris), he is not interested in being a South Beach celebrity (Talking to you Jacory Harris), he has a foundation that you can build on as far as the mental aspect of being a QB (Talking to you Kirby Freeman and Kyle Wright).

I am betting that he wont take a step back. I think he actually saves this program. JMO.

By the way, who were those good QBs at Nebraska and Wisconsin?

LOL. They were a helluva a lot more experienced then Brad Kaaya that's for **** sure! Neither were Tr-Fr. (mind you. Kaaya didnt come for the spring. that is almost unheard of for a QB at a big time program to start day 1 strictly off fall ball.. Im not sure if Terrelle Pryor pulled that off. Think he sat for a few games.)

Your argument would hold weight if Ryan Williams were the QB. I stand by my statement that a RB cant carry a team to 9-10 wins like a QB can.

This is a silly debate thread anyway. Either your with Brad or you aint. Conjuring up silly debates like this about the one bright spot in this prgm is reaching.

Advertisement
Coley had a sophomore slump because he didn't put in the work over the offseason. Period. It has nothing to do with the coaching staff not developing him. I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt you will see Kaaya have a sophomore slump due to lack of off season work. If anything I believe he will be much improved with the experience he got this year, and a full off season to work with his receivers. Not to mention he will more than likely be bigger and stronger next year. I think he will be better, and it will make everyone around him better. Not saying it'll mean we'll win 10 games, but if we lose 5 it won't be because of Kaaya.

Now, Coley did not work. LMAO. I guess Herb W. did not work either.

We loss 7 and they weren't because of Kaaya. BK's win over FSU was stolen by Folden and Company.

was stolen by his own performance ***

Brad Kaaya will be fine this year. We still have a ton of great players at skill positions and he is a hard worker that is focused on turning this team around. He's one of the best up and coming QBs in the country. Let's stop dragging this kid down with this nonsense. We're lucky to have him here. He is the only reason I have any shred of hope for 2015.

No one is dragging him down. UM has a mediocre to average at best staff.

You're being way too generous. UM has the worst HC in college football. He might be the worst HC in all of sports. And he's surrounded himself with HS coaches and meatballs because everyone else fled the scene.

Advertisement
Back