Donors speaking out

Problem2

All-American
Premium
It begins

ByTimReynolds
Told that a prominent donor expressed frustration with Miami defensive scheme last night. While notable, it's also to be expected, no?
11:04am - 21 Sep 14

Advertisement
Advertisement
Name one top Football program that would allow 4 years of this DC being in charge.

Didn't the donors supposedly speak out after the Duke loss? And again after the bowl game? I have lost all hope that something will actually change. The coaching staff is unwilling to adapt and the University is unwilling to change the coaches.

It's happening, finally. There's no way Al can stop the momentum building against him.

Advertisement
Firing Dorito does nothing but prolong the inevitable. Just cut the head off and move on.

It's happening, finally. There's no way Al can stop the momentum building against him.

He could: win. Win often. Win big. But he WONT because he is too stubborn and doesn't understand his players. And also our fundamentals are ****e.

Yup. We were discussing this regarding the whole rooting for/rooting against Miami thing. It doesn't matter what we want to believe or foresee, the results under this staff are written in stone. We are going to put our guys in a losing position at the beginning of every play on defense. Sometimes we are going to be able to get lucky, get a few TOs, pull out a win or two. But we are always going to be stuck playing mediocre teams and being in close games. Always. And when you do that every week, you are going to constantly lose, especially when you give the other team such painfully obvious ways to take advantage of us. Our entire defense plays at a disadvantage the moment they step on the field. Makes me sick that we have enough talent to squeak out some wins that our coaches don't deserve.

Advertisement
We can get banners, send emails to the AD, picket outside the stadium, not show up to home games...but this whole thing right now rests in the hands of the local media. Not that im a fan, but the only sports reporter in the 305 with any balls is salguero. Do the hurricane beat reporters have the ******* balls to do their job and ****, i dont know, make a name for themselves by lighting the torches and going after golden and his boy once and for all? Its comical that its gone this long, **** we basically do half their job for them. All manny navarro needs to do is come on here and read the comments, theres your questions.

If the media doesnt throw fuel on this we will probably have to continue on this BS ride for god knows how long.

He could: win. Win often. Win big. But he WONT because he is too stubborn and doesn't understand his players. And also our fundamentals are ****e.

THIS IS THE ******* KICKER.

Scheme is a matter that we can spend months arguing about.

Where you choose to deploy your weapons is one thing, but when those weapons are consistently malfunctioning and not performing their basic capabilities, something is freaking wrong. Not to mention that Golden and company were supposed to fundamental guys. Guys who were more football teachers, than they were football strategist. I might be a little more willing to live with it if our guys were all tackling well/properly. I could live with it if our defensive backs' footwork was consistently clean. I could live with it if our linebackers consistently fit runs properly, but the fact of the matter is that they don't.

It's not just the fact that our guys aren't being put in position to make plays, it's that I'm uncertain if they would be able to make those plays even if they were put in position to do so, which is a greater indictment on a coaching staff than anything you could possibly say.

3 freaking years and Tyriq McCord still does the same freaking thing when rushing the passer. Speed rush every single time. He never, EVER attempts to convert speed to power or God forbid, makes an inside move. Coaching indictment.

Our scheme is bad and our technique may be just as bad. Awful combination.

It doesn't matter. Unless he loses 5 more games, he'll survive. We're ****ed. And Donna is not going to allow a change while she's still in charge. She'll consider that discourteous and leave it for the next President to decide. The program is done.

Advertisement
If I were a "prominent donor," I'd be giving my NAME to everyone that would listen. No anonymous ****. I'd say this is unacceptable and I'm done until there's a change. Put my name on that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the donor was mad but having followed Reynolds on Twitter he's probably just stirring **** up

I'm a small potato alum, was just starting to crank up my support, but when that call comes in a few weeks. I will tell them no thank you.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt with Randy's kids, only problem I had was the Duke game last year. No I didn't like the other games, but I was will to wait til our high rated studs were the leaders. This game and the Louisville is on this coaching staff and they know it. Just like the Louisville game, the guy played conservative and it cost us. We played conservative in the defensive play calling, ridiculous. You know why you could not get off the field on third down, you played base defense with NO PRESSURE. I will not do another thing for my alum until BLAKE does something about this!!!!!!!!! These kids have done what was asked, they look bigger and better, when put them in a position to make a play.

It doesn't matter. Unless he loses 5 more games, he'll survive. We're ****ed. And Donna is not going to allow a change while she's still in charge. She'll consider that discourteous and leave it for the next President to decide. The program is done.

Have you seen the schedule? This is a real possibility that we might not even make a bowl game.

Advertisement
Back