Donell Harris (New Thread)

The UGA article highlights:

The 6-foot-6, 205-pound outside linebacker put in a visit to Athens not long ago that assured the Bulldogs would get one of those coveted trips.
“Coach [Austin] Armstrong explained to me a lot about what I would play there if I were to come to Georgia. He worked me out, and I loved it. It was intense," Harris said. "I actually worked out with the linebacker corps at Georgia, and they pushed me to my max. I actually didn’t get to tour around, but I saw the weight room. It was huge. I didn’t get to see the rest of campus, because we were pressed for time.”
But this visit wasn't exactly anything new for Harris.
“I’ve been to Georgia plenty of times. I know how the atmosphere is there," he said. "I know how humid it gets, the rain, and I’ve got family there. Half of my family is from Georgia.”

He's also got several contacts already in Athens, as well.
“I played against all the Miami guys my freshman year, and I played against Tyrique [Stevenson] my sophomore year. I know most of them, like James [Cook] and Divaad [Wilson]," Harris said. "Tyrique says it’s been the best experience for him. He says he does want to come back home, but he likes the experience up there. He’s just going to ride it out.”

What kinda oxymoronic statement is that?

It’s been the best experience for him; however he wants to come back home; yet & still he likes the experience up there, so hopefully he can ride it out.

L-O-L; whhhhhhat? (In my Lil Jon’s Voice)

Advertisement
No, bro so you're telling all the S.flo kids yeah go to Georgia, Alabama, Ohio state and when you not happy up there we are going to be here for you to fall back on come on dawg thats stupid...stay up there or go somewhere else

Exactly. I’ll go back to the whole “Miami is Miami, I know they’ll be there” comments from some of these recruits. Naw! U spurn the home team, deuces. Go watch OOS kids be the man in your backyard.

I can’t wait til we hold up # 6 so we can rub it in all these handlers & brain washed jits faces!

With all that being said, there's a myriad of reasons why Miami hasn't been able to keep most of the top local talent over the last decade. Bags is part of it, but it's only for a select few who get the big money offer. For others, I think the losing, poor development, lack of leadership, schemes, HS politics, among some other reasons have played a bigger role in our shortcomings on the recruiting trail. And there are other kids who simply want to get away for college. At the end of the day, we have to understand that we're not going to get them all to stay home. Miami needs to focus and control what they can. Win. Recruit your *** off. Develop players.

GO CANES!!!
Don’t forget the ****bag role model adults of south florida.

True, but irrelevant. analogies serve purposes. Getting spurned then taking kids back is generally not the way to present yourself to the next set of kids, just like getting cucked ain’t a good way to present yourself to the ladies. Its the wrong look. Wrong move. Maybe there are extenuating circumstances that can justify it here or there, but the premise of the post I responded to was that this is some clever idea, win for us. It ain’t.

Yeah I hear what youre saying. If there is a true elite player that wants back in though, it's going to be a tough decision.

What kinda oxymoronic statement is that?

It’s been the best experience for him; however he wants to come back home; yet & still he likes the experience up there, so hopefully he can ride it out.

L-O-L; whhhhhhat? (In my Lil Jon’s Voice)
It's becoming more and more apparent that he did not make the deci$ion to go to UGA, it was made for him... Those around him, per$uaded him into thinking UGA was the best situation for his career. I believe If he does not crack the early rotation, I can very easily see him coming back to Miami...

Advertisement
It's becoming more and more apparent that he did not make the deci$ion to go to UGA, it was made for him... Those around him, per$uaded him into thinking UGA was the best situation for his career. I believe If he does not crack the early rotation, I can very easily see him coming back to Miami...
Yea I feel that way as well, and it could be affecting his performance on the field, which is obviously going to negatively affect his future in football. It kind of defeats the purpose

One of the worst feelings a person can have is regret from doing something you knowingly never wanted to do and your stuck.

Coaches will pick up on this and he'll slowly under perform and pine time will increase because he's not playing with wholeheartedness sad.

GOCANES

Exactly. I’ll go back to the whole “Miami is Miami, I know they’ll be there” comments from some of these recruits. Naw! U spurn the home team, deuces. Go watch OOS kids be the man in your backyard.

In can’t wait til we hold up # 6 so we can rub it in all these handlers & brain washed jits faces!
I agree with this in most instances and most players who do this shouldn’t get a second chance, however when that players is a 5 star talent that is better than what you have on your current roster you need to be flexible. Lots of other schools like USC with Steele take these players back all the time!

In the context of this discussion I would take Stevenson back in a second and tell Harris to go kick rocks....

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm just taking it at face value and his comment on recruiting is correct. We need to win and develop players to attract top recruits. He basically said they'd be in if Miami wins. IDK how many wins would be satisfactory to him and Jr. The staff doesn't appear to be waiting as we have multiple DE commitments and could score a big one in Chantz Williams on the 20th.

Lastly, unless you have proof, you should not say the son took bag money. That is slander unless you have proof.
Everything Dad said was a smokescreen.

With all that being said, there's a myriad of reasons why Miami hasn't been able to keep most of the top local talent over the last decade. Bags is part of it, but it's only for a select few who get the big money offer. For others, I think the losing, poor development, lack of leadership, schemes, HS politics, among some other reasons have played a bigger role in our shortcomings on the recruiting trail. And there are other kids who simply want to get away for college. At the end of the day, we have to understand that we're not going to get them all to stay home. Miami needs to focus and control what they can. Win. Recruit your *** off. Develop players.

GO CANES!!!

Can you explain why Tennessee is able to recruit at a high clip?

This was the same guy commenting on pictures of Bandas kids and “making the crib great”.

I hope he takes a nice ride on the pine pony before ending up on the Florida Gulf Coast intramural flag football team.
So his dad and situation is forcing him to do something he may not want to do but instead of having some empathy for a kid you want him to suffer it more...... it’s just football dude grow up

Advertisement
So his dad and situation is forcing him to do something he may not want to do but instead of having some empathy for a kid you want him to suffer it more...... it’s just football dude grow up

Kids getting paid regardless of if he rides the pine pony or if he ends up on a intramural flag football team at Florida Gulf Coast or ends up All-SEC. Regardless of the outcome, he’s getting exactly what he wanted out of the recruiting process.

Him and his family put $$$ over everything. Actions have consequences. I have no empathy for that.

Advertisement
Do they really?.

But they do throw around some money, and have a guy that came out of alabama's system that knows and put alot into "recruiting departments".

But whenever i watched Tenn i never saw awhole lot of talent on their teams...so i dont know?

I see highly rated players going to Tennessee and just think "well, (that player) actually isn't that good"...because they often end up pretty jaggy. Its a safe take.

Juan the father played us, and put a lot of negativity on our Coaches.
Now if the kid does come to the U, how would these same Coaches deal with him, and the father. If I was a Coach he would be on full watch, and start with no trust and prove everything.
Better for them to move on.
Manny is not putting up with foolishness.....especially from parents...
Never start anything with negativity leading the way.

Advertisement
Back