Donell Harris (New Thread)

Advertisement
i swear.

You see 5 star talents go their. Then watch the nfl draft and see them as a 6th-7th round type pic or never hear from them again. JAG alert

We haven't been much better...so we are professionals at spotting JAGS at this point.

Difference is...Miami has more decommits from a class than most schools have commits throughout a cycle. At some point throughout the process our coaches had a fairly decent eye test.

Do they really?.

But they do throw around some money, and have a guy that came out of alabama's system that knows and put alot into "recruiting departments".

But whenever i watched Tenn i never saw awhole lot of talent on their teams...so i dont know?

Tennessee’s average class last 10 years is 14. Their record is 62-63

Our average class last 10 years is 18. Record is 78-50

Even more fun when you look over the last 5

Tennessee 34-29, average class of 13.6
Miami 40-25, average class of 19

So a team under .500 the last decade with 6 losing season in the last 10 can out recruit us by a good margin can maintain top 15 class status? Seems legit

Do they really?.

But they do throw around some money, and have a guy that came out of alabama's system that knows and put alot into "recruiting departments".

But whenever i watched Tenn i never saw awhole lot of talent on their teams...so i dont know?

Well, if we're going to cite mediocrity as a reason for some of our misses, which I could understand. Why does UT have success in recruiting, where they yield worst results than we do on the field. Tennessee usually fields around a top 15 class at least annually, or at least it seems that way.

Advertisement
Well, if we're going to cite mediocrity as a reason for some of our misses, which I could understand. Why does UT have success in recruiting, where they yield worst results than we do on the field. Tennessee usually fields around a top 15 class at least annually, or at least it seems that way.

Because Tenn has a rabid fan base....and star ratings are pushed by the subscribers and fan base. The SEC will forever have a loaded high rankings among classes due to thats what the recruiting sites want to keep the subscriptions going.

Juan the father played us, and put a lot of negativity on our Coaches.
Now if the kid does come to the U, how would these same Coaches deal with him, and the father. If I was a Coach he would be on full watch, and start with no trust and prove everything.
Better for them to move on.
Manny is not putting up with foolishness.....especially from parents...
Never start anything with negativity leading the way.

I would be highly surprised if Manny accepts this clown.......

Alabama and Georgia will drop him and he will end up at either Auburn or LSU. Maybe Texas A&M if they are desperate.....

Because Tenn has a rabid fan base....and star ratings are pushed by the subscribers and fan base. The SEC will forever have a loaded high rankings among classes due to thats what the recruiting sites want to keep the subscriptions going.
I've lived 120 miles from UTK for over 30 years. They have a huge alumni base within 150 mile radius. I've not heard much about them dropping bags but they've got plenty of cash.

Fulmer and his staff were good recruiters that played the history of the program card to the nth degree. They claim 6 natty's but fail to admit that 2 were in the 30's and not concensus, same with 2 in the 40's, 1 in the 50's with Majors as the HB, and the 1 in '98. Dooley was a disaster. Jones' first couple of classes were decent, but imploded the last 3 years he was there because expectations were so high and he wasn't as good of a HC as they thought they were getting. Jury still out on Pruitt.

At least 80% of their roster is OOS. There's just not a lot of talent in the state other than Nashville and Memphis.

Advertisement
While winning certainly helps, it is naive to think bags don’t help guys overlook those issues. Tennessee just signed two 5 star offensive tackles. They have been trash for decades. You can stick your head in the sand, but it doesn’t change what is going on in the real world at the surface.
Nobody's head is in the sand. Tennessee has a new coach. Just like Manny, a new coach gets a year and possibly two to gain momentum with the program. We know the SEC buys players, but we don't know which ones and we can't make assumptions just because it looks that way. When the family moves near the school and gets new jobs paying a lot more money than were making, then that's a clear sign of payoff money. Or when the family is suddenly living in a better home or driving new cars they could never afford is another sign.

My thing is, I don't like throwing around bag money claims against players unless there is some type of evidence. Not every guy is taking bag money. Even if 75% were, there would be 25% that don't. So, evidence needs to be there before accusing a player.

For the record, I think the NCAA is FoS!!!! They chase petty things like declaring guys ineligible over some BS chump change or free meal when there are egregious acts going on all over college football and basketball. They won't do anything because they don't want to upset the apple cart. They like the money that the powerhouse schools bring in for the CFP. Nothing will happen unless the FBI gets involved.

Last edited:
Nobody's head is in the sand. Tennessee has a new coach. Just like Manny, a new coach gets a year and possibly two to gain momentum with the program. We know the SEC buys players, but we don't know which ones and we can't make assumptions just because it looks that way. When the family moves near the school and gets new jobs paying a lot more money than were making, then that's a clear sign of payoff money. Or when the family is suddenly living in a better home or driving new cars they could never afford is another sign.

My thing is, I don't like throwing around bag money claims against players unless there is some type of evidence. Not every guy is taking bag money. Even if 75% were, there would be 25% that don't. So, evidence needs to there before accusing a player.

For the record, I think the NCAA is FoS!!!! They chase petty things like declaring guys ineligible over some BS chump change or free meal when there are egregious acts going on all over college football and basketball. They won't do anything because they don't want to upset the apple cart. They like the money that the powerhouse schools bring in for the CFP. Nothing will happen unless the FBI gets involved.
Thank you, we needed that one fan to fly the "I am an idiot" flag in the face of the obvious so we don't look like we all make assumptions around here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Selling out? C'mon man, are you serious? These kids don't owe us anything. They need to be loyal to their families and themselves. Not sure where some of y'all grew up and don't know y'all financial situation, but I know for a fact I'm not turning down $200k for my son to go play ball in the SEC.

This guy represents the cess pool mentality of south Florida parents of big time recruits in all sports.

Everyone is up for sale..even their children.

Sickening MFers man

This guy represents the cess pool mentality of south Florida parents of big time recruits in all sports.

Everyone is up for sale..even their children.

Sickening MFers man

putting fandom aside, he's right. people are in debt going to school and these kids are making 200k to get a degree. pretty sure most would take the money

Advertisement
Back