Donell Harris (New Thread)

His dad is no different than 99% of parents in need. I've asked this question a bunch of times and no one has said "yes" to it yet. Would anyone pass up $200k for their kid to go play college football in the SEC?

It's happening all over the country, not just here. And the heavy bags are only being dropped for basketball & football, not all sports. Unfortunately, it's more prevalent in South FL because we put out so many blue chip prospects on a yearly basis and we happen to be in such close proximity to the SEC.

Miami has to prove they can win and develop their recruits on a consistent basis if we're ever going to neutralize the SEC bagmen.

Just bc it happens everywhere doesn’t mean they aren’t pieces of ****.

I’ve had a moderately successful life thus far...people that aren’t normally pawn their kids off like this bc they haven’t had any tangible success in their life.

Last edited:
Advertisement
His dad is no different than 99% of parents in need. I've asked this question a bunch of times and no one has said "yes" to it yet. Would anyone pass up $200k for their kid to go play college football in the SEC?

It's happening all over the country, not just here. And the heavy bags are only being dropped for basketball & football, not all sports. Unfortunately, it's more prevalent in South FL because we put out so many blue chip prospects on a yearly basis and we happen to be in such close proximity to the SEC.

Miami has to prove they can win and develop their recruits on a consistent basis if we're ever going to neutralize the SEC bagmen.

I'll answer you, the answer is Yes. I would not make, convince, or persuade my child to go play for a certain school to benefit myself. The decision is completely his, period.

How about we get a Mod to lock this thread as 46 pages on this kid is stupid.

I'll answer you, the answer is Yes. I would not make, convince, or persuade my child to go play for a certain school to benefit myself. The decision is completely his, period.

How about we get a Mod to lock this thread as 46 pages on this kid is stupid.
I’ll second that as well. I would not send my kid somewhere for my own financial gain. That’s why you are seeing all these kids flame out and transfer, they are just being used by both parties. It’s no coincidence that they changed the age requiring a parent/guardian to sign an LOI from 18 to 21.

Advertisement
Did Miami not go 7-6 last year and look at that, they have a 5 star committed already. Obviously we win and recruiting gets easier but some kids want to be here and don't go bag chasing.

Not criticizing the entire post, but we need some context. People are quick to point out "7-6 last year" while ignoring 10 wins the prior year and DEFINITELY not dealing with the obvious issues that led to Richt's retirement.

Seriously, until the Gaytors won 10 games last year, they had a season MUCH worse than 7-6 to explain. And two of them in recent memory.

The issue is, and always should be, what is the CURRENT staff doing CURRENTLY.

If a kid is taking money, he's going to take money regardless of "wins". The places that are SUPPOSED to need to pay money are the programs that haven't just won a national championship, and are trying to break into elite circles. SMU in the 1980s, for instance.

At a certain point, Bama and Clemson should be able to get the best players regardless of whether they pay money. Realistically, they might STILL need to pay, because other SEC programs are doing it too, and it would seriously damage the Bama/Clemson credibility if a bunch of kids suddenly signed with Arkansas or South Carolina or Ole Miss OVER Bama/Clemson offers.

Anyhow, the point is simple, if the issue is solely money, Miami is not going to be able to compete. I'm not even saying that we don't WANT to do it, just that the potential damage from getting caught is so severe (the NCAA would LOVE to give Miami the death penalty) that I don't think we are ever going to pay the money to land certain recruits. Maybe a few extra benefits might slide, but no 6-figure payouts.

I’ll second that as well. I would not send my kid somewhere for my own financial gain. That’s why you are seeing all these kids flame out and transfer, they are just being used by both parties. It’s no coincidence that they changed the age requiring a parent/guardian to sign an LOI from 18 to 21.

I’ll 3rd that lol

Not criticizing the entire post, but we need some context. People are quick to point out "7-6 last year" while ignoring 10 wins the prior year and DEFINITELY not dealing with the obvious issues that led to Richt's retirement.

Seriously, until the Gaytors won 10 games last year, they had a season MUCH worse than 7-6 to explain. And two of them in recent memory.

The issue is, and always should be, what is the CURRENT staff doing CURRENTLY.

If a kid is taking money, he's going to take money regardless of "wins". The places that are SUPPOSED to need to pay money are the programs that haven't just won a national championship, and are trying to break into elite circles. SMU in the 1980s, for instance.

At a certain point, Bama and Clemson should be able to get the best players regardless of whether they pay money. Realistically, they might STILL need to pay, because other SEC programs are doing it too, and it would seriously damage the Bama/Clemson credibility if a bunch of kids suddenly signed with Arkansas or South Carolina or Ole Miss OVER Bama/Clemson offers.

Anyhow, the point is simple, if the issue is solely money, Miami is not going to be able to compete. I'm not even saying that we don't WANT to do it, just that the potential damage from getting caught is so severe (the NCAA would LOVE to give Miami the death penalty) that I don't think we are ever going to pay the money to land certain recruits. Maybe a few extra benefits might slide, but no 6-figure payouts.

We could've won 12 games last season and it wouldn't matter. Some families, as you pointed out, are looking for the duffel bags.

Advertisement
Just bc it happens everywhere doesn’t mean they aren’t pieces of ****.

I’ve had a moderately successful life thus far...people that aren’t normally pawn their kids off like this haven’t had any tangible success in their life.

Whose to say the kids aren't seeing any of this money?

Not sure where some of you grew up or currently live at, but where I'm from $200k goes a helluva long way.

Besides, some of y'all are acting like these kids are taking money to go to play at St. Mary's School of the Blind. We're talking about the SEC, the conference that currently reigns supreme in college football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid was gone in the spring time of the year...Only newbies and people being gassed up on here thought we had a play.

They lived on the hes always on campus sh*t..lol
Yep I was just shocked when I heard a while back that he chose gulliver of all schools

If there is one spot I never worry about on our team its DE. Probably one of the most talent heavy positions in FL.

my post was in reference to Tyrique Stevenson.

Im with you...we have recruited at DE pretty solidly for quite some time.
Plus in Fla...its almost like CB where as you can miss on top guys andf get a 4 star talent

We could've won 12 games last season and it wouldn't matter. Some families, as you pointed out, are looking for the duffel bags.
And many, it should be pointed out, are not. In fact I'd say that's the overwhelming majority.

Advertisement
Back