Donell Harris (New Thread)

Advertisement
Good thing we arent trying to marry these kids........
True, but irrelevant. analogies serve purposes. Getting spurned then taking kids back is generally not the way to present yourself to the next set of kids, just like getting cucked ain’t a good way to present yourself to the ladies. Its the wrong look. Wrong move. Maybe there are extenuating circumstances that can justify it here or there, but the premise of the post I responded to was that this is some clever idea, win for us. It ain’t.

Neither screwed us. They don't owe Miami or our fan base squat. Tyrique was set to come to Miami. He had a good deal in place, but Georgia came in the last hour and upped the ante. There wasn't much Miami could do after that.

As for Harris, he got his $$$$ offers early and cut Miami loose early. No reason to begrudge the family/kid for that. Tough to turn down the money they're throwing at him.

As a Canes fan, I appreciate the fact that the Harris' cut us loose early so that we don't waste any time on something that they already know isn't going to happen. It's the local recruits/families who intentionally string us along til the very end that we should save our wrath for.

GO CANES!!!
I’m sorry but I disagree with you if your a local kid and spurn us for the $EC your dead to me. I wish those kids nothing but the worst bags be dammed how about taking some pride in your community instead of selling out!

NEVER FORGET!

There is a 7% chance that this fool makes the NFL. If he fails and attempts to return to Miami, it is Miami's duty to give him ****.

If you go play for the KKK then stay with the KKK.

You know what............ Am going to start a website called "traitor to the U". Am going to list all the turncoats and Benedict Arnolds that betrayed the U!

Let's do it. You'd raise the funds here in 5 minutes.

Last edited:
I'm just taking it at face value and his comment on recruiting is correct. We need to win and develop players to attract top recruits. He basically said they'd be in if Miami wins. IDK how many wins would be satisfactory to him and Jr. The staff doesn't appear to be waiting as we have multiple DE commitments and could score a big one in Chantz Williams on the 20th.

Lastly, unless you have proof, you should not say the son took bag money. That is slander unless you have proof.

Idiot.gif

Advertisement
Neither screwed us. They don't owe Miami or our fan base squat. Tyrique was set to come to Miami. He had a good deal in place, but Georgia came in the last hour and upped the ante. There wasn't much Miami could do after that.

As for Harris, he got his $$$$ offers early and cut Miami loose early. No reason to begrudge the family/kid for that. Tough to turn down the money they're throwing at him.

As a Canes fan, I appreciate the fact that the Harris' cut us loose early so that we don't waste any time on something that they already know isn't going to happen. It's the local recruits/families who intentionally string us along til the very end that we should save our wrath for.

GO CANES!!!
Harris most certainly did ***** Miami. He COMMITTED to Miami and then acted like the class ambassador to then turn around and decommit and look for the bag.

I could care less about him now..... I am over it, but don’t act like he didn’t do the U wrong...

Only a fool takes the word of a man he doesn't know at face value. Develop some critical thinking skills. Following our Spring scrimmage, Donell said, "[O]verall the scrimmage was amazing. Can’t wait to get there and put that UM uniform on." As you are not a UM fan, you may not realize that no actual UM football games were played between April (when he said the above) and his decommitment two months later. So clearly there was no winning or player development that could have occurred in that timeframe. Yet, he went from being anxious to play for UM to his father suddenly needing to see wins and player development? Ok.

As for your crackerjack legal analysis, you should read carefully before you play internet lawyer. Nowhere did I type that Mr. Harris or his son "took" anything, much less money. And if my comment could be perceived as tortious (it isn't), it would be libel, not slander. Slander is spoken defamation, libel is published/written defamation.

If you are going to be a smart ***, the first requirement is that you be smart.
Right. Like I'm going to take the word of a bunch of fans that have an axe to grind against a kid that de-committed. Your comment is just ignorant. The father's statement was about recruiting in general. Saying, "you can't expect 5-stars to want to come to a school with a 7-6 record." I agree with that. Winning brings in top players. You think all those top recruits would be going to Clemson if they went 7- 6 instead of winning a natty? **** NO!!!! So yes, winning will solve a lot of recruiting issues.

Regarding bag money. You can speculate, but don't make statements of fact unless you have them. You said, "The man was just putting out the message in advance of him and his son taking an $es-sized bag." People making such statements without any facts. I'm not defending them. Bag money is a problem in college sports. Money may or may not be involved. I don't know and neither do you.

Right. Like I'm going to take the word of a bunch of fans that have an axe to grind against a kid that de-committed. Your comment is just ignorant. The father's statement was about recruiting in general. Saying, "you can't expect 5-stars to want to come to a school with a 7-6 record." I agree with that. Winning brings in top players. You think all those top recruits would be going to Clemson if they went 7- 6 instead of winning a natty? **** NO!!!! So yes, winning will solve a lot of recruiting issues.

Regarding bag money. You can speculate, but don't make statements of fact unless you have them. You said, "The man was just putting out the message in advance of him and his son taking an $es-sized bag." People making such statements without any facts. I'm not defending them. Bag money is a problem in college sports. Money may or may not be involved. I don't know and neither do you.

While winning certainly helps, it is naive to think bags don’t help guys overlook those issues. Tennessee just signed two 5 star offensive tackles. They have been trash for decades. You can stick your head in the sand, but it doesn’t change what is going on in the real world at the surface.

Harris most certainly did ***** Miami. He COMMITTED to Miami and then acted like the class ambassador to then turn around and decommit and look for the bag.

I could care less about him now..... I am over it, but don’t act like he didn’t do the U wrong...

Let me get this straight, a 14 year old kid commits to Miami end of his freshmen year. Is all in and takes charge in getting other kids to commit. However, a year later he de-commits. How can you say he screwed Miami? Whatever his reasons, he's entitled to change his mind and pick another school. I can understand people being upset if he was misleading Miami, but I don't sense that here. Some of y'all have to build a bridge and get over the fact that not all local kids are going to stay and play for the local school. It didn't happen in the 80's or 90's and it ain't happening now.

GO CANES!!

Advertisement
I’m sorry but I disagree with you if your a local kid and spurn us for the $EC your dead to me. I wish those kids nothing but the worst bags be dammed how about taking some pride in your community instead of selling out!

Selling out? C'mon man, are you serious? These kids don't owe us anything. They need to be loyal to their families and themselves. Not sure where some of y'all grew up and don't know y'all financial situation, but I know for a fact I'm not turning down $200k for my son to go play ball in the SEC.

With all that being said, there's a myriad of reasons why Miami hasn't been able to keep most of the top local talent over the last decade. Bags is part of it, but it's only for a select few who get the big money offer. For others, I think the losing, poor development, lack of leadership, schemes, HS politics, among some other reasons have played a bigger role in our shortcomings on the recruiting trail. And there are other kids who simply want to get away for college. At the end of the day, we have to understand that we're not going to get them all to stay home. Miami needs to focus and control what they can. Win. Recruit your *** off. Develop players.

GO CANES!!!

I don’t know if he led the staff on. Jobe on the other hand....... **** that piece of ****.

He was on campus all the time staff believed he was coming. I remember before signing day we thought it was a done deal cb rolling in

Selling out? C'mon man, are you serious? These kids don't owe us anything. They need to be loyal to their families and themselves. Not sure where some of y'all grew up and don't know y'all financial situation, but I know for a fact I'm not turning down $200k for my son to go play ball in the SEC.

I understand everything your saying, but if you and your kid did that, I wouldn’t want Miami to then allow you to transfer back in cause things didn’t work out

Advertisement
Let me get this straight, a 14 year old kid commits to Miami end of his freshmen year. Is all in and takes charge in getting other kids to commit. However, a year later he de-commits. How can you say he screwed Miami? Whatever his reasons, he's entitled to change his mind and pick another school. I can understand people being upset if he was misleading Miami, but I don't sense that here. Some of y'all have to build a bridge and get over the fact that not all local kids are going to stay and play for the local school. It didn't happen in the 80's or 90's and it ain't happening now.

GO CANES!!
As I said before, I am over this kid and his dad. Dude is aging out next year which means he will be around 20 yrs old when he gets on campus. We have better players at his position on the roster and in this class. Good luck to this kid, I hope he’s strikes it rich because sometimes you just can’t go home.... No use claiming that he is Miami!

Advertisement
facts cant turn down that money man

I hope I am not hitting a sensitive topic for you, but I must let you know, if your girl moves in with a dude for a year, or even a month, then she ain’t your girl anymore, and even if she comes cryin back to you when she discovers he ain’t love her like she thought, and even if she brings some of the gifts home that he gave her, the bottom line is he’s been running her through a ***** machine for a while, and you are just gone have to adjust your mind to that.
**** u fuqed tons of minds up with this post, ole boy ravaged the chic lol.

Advertisement
Back