Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

Ac only had a sparq score of 109 whereas Jackson and redwine were 130 plus. Believe Jenkins # was really high as well he ran a 4.51 at 6’1 215 at the combine.
I stand corrected than brother. Didnt know his sparq or any of their others. Only thing I remembered was his 40 and lift. Wasnt too close in that regard.

True.

If Manny’s defense doesn’t start cranking out Top 3 Round type players, we’re going to be in trouble on the trail. Bottom line. Like it or not, we have to produce 1st Round talent, great defenses, AND win big to turn the tide. All of our DLmen over the last couple of years have not been HIGHLY coveted. Even with great cosmetic defensive numbers. I think there’s a reason for that. I think that’s pretty telling. 4&5 stars playing for Miami, on a supposedly GOOD defense, and not highly coveted.

#1 Pass Defense and not 1 Lineman or DB taken in the top 3. Frankly. That’s easy to recruit against.
This was a very strange draft this year. I can tell you this, both Joe and Michael Jackson are going to do very well as part of the Dallas Cowboys!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
This was a very strange draft this year. I can tell you this, both Joe and Michael Jackson are going to do very well as part of the Dallas Cowboys!!!

I think they will as well. But, I’m talking perception. How does the NFL view Manny’s ability to develop Top 3 round defensive personnel? Manny actually mentioned other teams using First Round development as a recruiting tool against us.

No, and Thank God.

But Manny hasn't had a chance to show he's different. He's 0-0. I think he's going to win, and by the middle of the season we will have momentum.

He HAS had a chance to prove that he is different as a coordinator. The 0-0 record is the same issue that both of these Richt decommits have known about for 6 months.

C'mon now. A spade is a spade. Yes internet and social media is part of that problem. But with us it's a small part. You guys arent complaining about the underrated studs leaving to go somewhere else due to bags. The kids that are leaving due to bags and internet are the kids who get discovered early and keep their names relevant. You still need to do that leg work. You gotta do your own evals and keep your ear to the pavement. We either haven't bothered with our evals or we've waited far too long to make them. Support staff is pivotal and were finally starting to catch up on that aspect a lil. Remember kids like donell it's always been simple to know who they are. Its kids like Greg who the staff needs to get far more credit for... hes also the proof of how little the internet matters if you do your leg work. Do you think Greg goes to one of the powers as a under rated kid? Not likely because for them it's all about the stars and justifying their recruiting budget to their boosters. Those are the kids we've been built on forever. The kids who deserve that pub.
This post is everything & for us to return to where we all want this program - the staff must understand this.

Also a big thing to understand is that the underrated kids we need to evaluate CANT just be from Miami. You need to evaluate on a larger scale as well outside of S FL.

Advertisement
Defensive recruiting continues to be a disaster.

People can say, "we haven't won enough, you can't get these kinds of players until you win," but we have a 5* coming all the way from California to camp out with us this weekend and many say we lead for him. Why do we not have to win first to get that kind of interest from players on the offensive side of the ball?

Ummmm our D has been Top 5 the last 2 years....so maybe we are getting high 4 or 5 stars but obviously being coached up extremely well, so disaster 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Ummmm our D has been Top 5 the last 2 years....so maybe we are getting high 4 or 5 stars but obviously being coached up extremely well, so disaster 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Defense hasn't been top 5 last 2 years. Defense wasnt even top 25 in 2017.

Advertisement
Defense hasn't been top 5 last 2 years. Defense wasnt even top 25 in 2017.

#4 last year

#38 2017 (#4 tackles for loss, #1 sacks, Top 25 Pass Efficiency D, Top 30 scoring D)

#20 2016 (#22 sacks, #5 tackle for loss, #29 Pass eff D, #26 Rushing D, #12 scoring D)

Total D just accounts yardage, you take all the other factors and we’ve had one of the best Ds in college football the past 3 seasons. They’ve been exciting, game changing and the only electric part of our team. The nitpicking and complaining about D recruiting is annoying, because we obviously have a staff that knows how to coach them and call plays.

Last edited:
I think they will as well. But, I’m talking perception. How does the NFL view Manny’s ability to develop Top 3 round defensive personnel? Manny actually mentioned other teams using First Round development as a recruiting tool against us.
This is something I've been wondering about as well. What part of the scheme makes evaluators wait until day 3 to draft our players? To the untrained eye, seems like Manny just wants players to get up field. There has to be consequences to that right? While our defense as a whole has performed well, there hasn't been many stand-out players. Thats a cause for concern imo.

I'll probably just ask Roffers.

#4 last year

#38 2017 (#4 tackles for loss, #1 sacks, Top 25 Pass Efficiency D, Top 30 scoring D)

#20 2016 (#22 sacks, #5 tackle for loss, #29 Pass eff D, #26 Rushing D)

Total D just accounts yardage, you take all the other factors and we’ve had one of the best Ds in college football the past 3 seasons. They’ve been exciting, game changing and the only electric part of our team. The nitpicking and complaining about D recruiting is annoying, because we obviously have a staff that knows how to coach them and call plays.
You said top 5 the last 2 years. It wasn't top 5 in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back