Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I find it funny D Money saying how we don’t produce players. He’s the one pumping sunshine about how Miami players are the best. Flip flop
I dont Even think it’s that, Miami has the 6th most earnings by contract out of any college in the country and that’s without a top qb contract to add to the value. It’s not exactly like we consistently get top 5-10 classes over the last decade either so the fact that we are in the top 6 in most players drafted as well in the last couple of years and are top 6 in most earnings say development is happening. Our guys are getting some times overlooked In the early rounds because some of their own athletic limitations as well as Miami not doing well in season.

I dont Even think it’s that, Miami has the 6th most earnings by contract out of any college in the country and that’s without a top qb contract to add to the value. It’s not exactly like we consistently get top 5-10 classes over the last decade either so the fact that we are in the top 6 in most players drafted as well in the last couple of years and are top 6 in most earnings say development is happening. Our guys are getting some times overlooked In the early rounds because some of their own athletic limitations as well as Miami not doing well in season.

Take out QB salaries and I wonder what that $$ rank would be.

Advertisement
Forget bags. Why would a big-time DE pick Miami over Clemson right now?

Campbell didn't get coached and was underdrafted. Vernon didn't get coached and was underdrafted. Chick's career was ruined. Meanwhile, Clemson is turning similar talents into first rounders every year.

We have a fifteen-year track record of losing and wasting talent. This kid was born in 2001.

We don't hold on to the big-time local kids because we have big-time competition and we are small time. Manny needs to show times have changed.

True.

If Manny’s defense doesn’t start cranking out Top 3 Round type players, we’re going to be in trouble on the trail. Bottom line. Like it or not, we have to produce 1st Round talent, great defenses, AND win big to turn the tide. All of our DLmen over the last couple of years have not been HIGHLY coveted. Even with great cosmetic defensive numbers. I think there’s a reason for that. I think that’s pretty telling. 4&5 stars playing for Miami, on a supposedly GOOD defense, and not highly coveted.

#1 Pass Defense and not 1 Lineman or DB taken in the top 3. Frankly. That’s easy to recruit against.

True.

If Manny’s defense doesn’t start cranking out Top 3 Round type players, we’re going to be in trouble on the trail. Bottom line. Like it or not, we have to produce 1st Round talent, great defenses, AND win big to turn the tide. All of our DLmen over the last couple of years have not been HIGHLY coveted. Even with great cosmetic defensive numbers. I think there’s a reason for that. I think that’s pretty telling. 4&5 stars playing for Miami, on a supposedly GOOD defense, and not highly coveted.

#1 Pass Defense and not 1 Lineman or DB taken in the top 3. Frankly. That’s easy to recruit against.
Got to recruit like Ohio state which goes after the elite athletes at the positions who test well in highschool and happen to be **** good ball players,

Advertisement
True.

Just from a measurable and skill standpoint Phillips just looks like a first rounder on film and he has elite athleticism and his talent jumps off the screen. When he plays next year he might quite possibly be the most talented player in the country in this defense. So I’d say he will have a chance since hE would have had the proper time to recover the wrist injury. Bottom line we got to see what these type of athletes do in the system and where they go in the draft. A lot of our prospects in recent years have had flaws in their game(health risk, inconsistent play, character concerns or lack of athleticism) , does that mean manny Diaz is doing better than expected with lesser talent? To a certain extent yes but I still Think a few of them have been undervalued. As far as defensive players go we have only had 3 defenders with elite athletic testing numbers since Diaz been here and that’s rayshawn Jenkins , sheldrick redwine and Michael jackson

Just from a measurable and skill standpoint Phillips just looks like a first rounder on film and he has elite athleticism and his talent jumps off the screen. When he plays next year he might quite possibly be the most talented player in the country in this defense. So I’d say he will have a chance since hE would have had the proper time to recover the wrist injury. Bottom line we got to see what these type of athletes do in the system and where they go in the draft. A lot of our prospects in recent years have had flaws in their game(health risk, inconsistent play, character concerns or lack of athleticism) , does that mean manny Diaz is doing better than expected with lesser talent? To a certain extent yes but I still Think a few of them have been undervalued. As far as defensive players go we have only had 3 defenders with elite athletic testing numbers since Diaz been here and that’s rayshawn Jenkins , sheldrick redwine and Michael jackson

I could be wrong - but I think scheme has a lot to do with it. I believe the “No Gap” is an issue. Frankly, if we don’t have a LB taken in the Top 3 next year, its a **** indictment on our coaching/development. We’re Miami. Even Boston College is finding a way to develop First 3 talent.

I could be wrong - but I think scheme has a lot to do with it. I believe the “No Gap” is an issue. Frankly, if we don’t have a LB taken in the Top 3 next year, its a **** indictment on our coaching/development. We’re Miami. Even Boston College is finding a way to develop First 3 talent.
I just Can’t see quarterman/Pinckney going higher than 3rd round if they don’t test well which I’m afraid they won’t. We will see

I think you're forgetting the impact a real scheme can have on our team as a whole. They really arent that much better than us as a whole when you take the incompetence of the last offensive scheme out of the equation. Where they are better is oline and qb. But with us I'm really surprised people think the previous year or two is an indicator of us lacking firepower on offense. On the defensive side of the ball it honestly all began with time of possession. When throughout the year you spend **** near three quarters of every game on the field it takes a heavy toll. Especially in the run game. Especially when you consider we are always on the attack. The fact that Clemson just lost basically their entire proven dline is huge as well. I'm not a huge fan of sunshine either. People wanna glamorize the qb position for obvious reasons. But in reality when you're fundamentally sound all you really need is a game manager. Well be fine out of qb right this second no matter who wins. Yes some obviously have more upside than others but any of them can win with an actual offense for once. Our line simply needs to play with some pride.

I.....like the sound of that....

Advertisement
The kids that bounce aren’t looked down upon by these kids like we do. I’m sure some of the local kids called what Jobe and Harris have done savage AF instead of a sell out.
But this whole evaluation deal is literally the hardest way to get back on top. Trying to compare recruiting evaluations today to 20 years ago is ridiculous. To see a game film you had to find who had the vhs of said player and get that mailed to you. Then you would watch it on some grainy *** tv. That’s a lot of vhs tapes.
We got Marcus Crowley as a 3 star and he got scooped up real quick. Even when we offered the unknown Miller Guess who offered a few days later... bama.
We’re going to beat Clemson with good evaluations?
We’re gonna find some kid as good as Xavier Thomas living under a rock?
We’re to some how field a team by recognizing all the draft picks that went to lower rated schools that nobody wanted?
If kids are getting paid 25 k for a visit then what is a local pop warner coach getting to make sure these schools get first dibs.
How are we supposed to out evaluate the evaluators that have the bag droppers on speed dial? These coaches down here know d1 talent from the jump.
We’re supposed bybass the entire recruiting system and network of coaches trainers and agents waiting with their hands out and the sec on speed dial?’
We can absolutely build a team to win some games. But is that really enough to beat a team with talent so good that an idiot can recognize it?
You guys really think that schools all over the country haven’t been trying to evaluate the best unknown kids in order to win games and try to get higher rated kids to come? We think we’re tho only schools that can do it cause of the talent that is so close to campus. But even our 3 stars are leaving to bag schools.

Whoever is putting together videos of ex players highlights and saying that “I am MIAMI... everything about me is MIAMI” quote on twitter which leads to said ex player quoting it, is a genius. Such a sly little dig at Harris, simple put effective. Carry on sir

Advertisement
Money is money in this and bull**** on thinking there are bags, but then saying they're only in play down here.

If there are bags, those bags aren't to compete against us, but the other current elites and in conference foes. They don't need to throw bags to beat us, they have a plethora of other ammo as we've been a **** show overall. Those kids they want come from all over.

Money was right in that it will take time like it does for everyone, him citing Clemson. I still remember the show leading up to FSU and Winston who put the game out of reach in the first quafter. That place was live as ****, at night, center stage, and then FSU quieted them straight away. They kept building and they're now at the top with Bama.

Keep winning games we should and we can join the elites. That will solve recruiting and it'll be funny as **** seeing the bag this and bag that poster STFU.
We all want to win but if you think that's all it's going to take you need your head examined. If these kids refuse to come here where the **** does all this winning come from? These kids see what we see, that they can go win at Bama, Uga, Clemson, Auburn, LSU and others, get cash AND cars while the ncaa looks the other way and you think us winning a few more games a year is going to turn back the exodus out of So Fla? Sure a handful more of kids will stay but not to the level you're talking about. Say what you want but that money speaks to these kids way louder that you do.

Last edited:

Nah. Ac had better numbers than all of those three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back