Donaldson and the rest of the OLine

Advertisement
to me, if our starting five can be solid without Donaldson ( who I think no longer fits what UM is about offensively) that to me will be a sign of progress. I just look at him as a guy who is what he is, he didn't get any better, but he seemed to get bigger(in the worst ways)

Give me the strealined Olineman that will be able to handle this new pace

Left to right
williams-campbell-Gaynor-donaldson-Scaife

ain’t no way in **** I see Donaldson taking a RS..if he shows up so out of shape that that’s a question then imo he’s done at Miami. That’s just me. I know we joke about the kids weight and commitment but I can imagine him being sooo far gone that’s he’s unplayable

Advertisement
Let me ask y’all. If they line up the following.

LT: Campbell
LG: Clark/Traoure
C: Gaynor
RG Scaife
RT Williams

How would y’all feel about the OL honestly?

We all have our ideas on what we would do from the OL thread a while back.

But if they actually sent that above offensive line out, what are your thoughts?

I’m in “show me” mode at LT.

I fully expect the OL to be better overall. Everyone is back, the scheme will be WAY better, Williams is a huge addition. But he’s a RT by trade. The last time we saw all of the candidates for the LT job, they were being beaten like drums on almost every single snap.

On your lineup above, if Campbell is just average, the OL will be a very solid group. But someone needs to emerge and really seize the LT job. No easy feat.

I'm hopeful that the combination of another year of experience under their belts, another year with Coach Feely, a player friendly scheme, and being coached by Coach Justice we'll see a much better OL. Enough talent is there to have a solid OL.

Advertisement
King is left handed, so yeah, Williams might be tried at RT.
giphy (6).gif

Advertisement
King isn’t left handed

I rewatched the Duke game and don’t think I want to see Nelson, Herbert or Clark in the starting 5.

Jarrid Williams started a game at LT and played well. Also went in for some spot duty in games. His feet look quicker than Campbell’s IMO

Campbell looked good at LG when he came in, but apparently Justice liked what he saw at T in spring.

Scaife can be very good at G in this offence. I think it’s a better fit for him.

Traore was getting starting reps in spring and Clark if

LT - Williams
LG - Traore
C - Gaynor
RG - Scaife
RT - Campbell

Redshirt big fella come back next Amaker yet stronger and faster you blow up the draft charts!!!

I agree... With "major" knee surgery in December, 6 months ago, limited access to facilities and rehab, it would be hard for anyone not named Adrian Peterson to come back from. Especially with the new RS Rules, let him heal, and MAYBE have him play in one of the last 4 games (FSU, GTECH, DUKE, VTECH) He would be almost a year removed from the injury, hopefully get him some good game burn, and this would be if our oline is still really struggling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back