Don Chaney picking up where he left off

Advertisement
He(Chaney) plays DB for them just as much as Duke did for Norland.

He didn’t play a snap of defense yesterday. I’ve seen Chaney a bunch because he goes to my alma mater. His total snap count is way below Duke and Cook.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited as **** about him. But he will need to prove his durability at the next level.

Advertisement
Cook wasn't a workhorse in high school either though.

He wasn’t a workhorse maybe but he put up 2,000 yards and started on defense at the same time. Chaney just needs to stay healthy. Last year was a tough year for him but he has the talent to put up monster numbers. Just needs to do it. I am confident he will this year

He has a very low usage rate for a player of his caliber. It is puzzling to me that he doesn’t return kicks, play some safety or at least carry it 20+ times given Belen’s usual workload for its best players.

I used to think it was due to coaches protecting him for college, but he was pulling himself out yesterday. My hope is that once he gets to college and plays with other good players, he pushes it to another level. His talent is insane.

I know I read his first couple seasons that he played DB a lot ands early hudl show defensive highlights.

I don't like the part about pulling himself out a lot...hope this isn't another Burns situation.

Advertisement
I know I read his first couple seasons that he played DB a lot ands early hudl show defensive highlights.

I don't like the part about pulling himself out a lot...hope this isn't another Burns situation.

He has never finished a game against Columbus. Each of the last 4 years he has pulled himself out midway or near the end of the 3rd quarter.

Its Belen's biggest game and he is his team's best player...finish the game.

He has never finished a game against Columbus. Each of the last 4 years he has pulled himself out midway or near the end of the 3rd quarter.

Its Belen's biggest game and he is his team's best player...finish the game.
They're also usually losing by 40 by the time he pulls himself out. He had 17 carries yesterday and was probably hit 5-6 times every time he touched the ball. His dad is on the coaching staff, i doubt he wants him being run into the ground. Also doubt he'd let his son be soft.

Advertisement
Chaney has had that hamstring issue since track season and paradise camp too and it flared up again yesterday. And just my take id rather he nurse then try and compete in meaningless game that could get out of hand. So times those type of injuries turn into something else if you keep playing on it constantly

990661B4-633C-45C3-9669-66240396F6D0.jpeg

You got to love this statement from chaney

Last edited:
Advertisement
He didn’t play a snap of defense yesterday. I’ve seen Chaney a bunch because he goes to my alma mater. His total snap count is way below Duke and Cook.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited as **** about him. But he will need to prove his durability at the next level.

I can get with this. After the Robert Burns "Gulliver Prep Tom Foolery" we fell for where we spent his entire last 2 years of HS ball basically being convinced he was being saved and preserved for college..I am not falling for that BS anymore. Chaney needs to prove he is durable and can carry a decent load.

I can get with this. After the Robert Burns "Gulliver Prep Tom Foolery" we fell for where we spent his entire last 2 years of HS ball basically being convinced he was being saved and preserved for college..I am not falling for that BS anymore. Chaney needs to prove he is durable and can carry a decent load.
Going overboard with this take

I don't know (and don't think) Chaney is like Robert Burns, but I would have dropped Burns scholly so **** quick...Even his HS coach didn't want to comment on him in the paper. I want the kids you gotta fist fight to keep off the field...Everytime I'd hear about Burns ministry, his interest in making t shirts...But yet seen him on the sideline with minor injuries I wanted to scream...

play some god **** football please.

How? All we were told for 2 years was that Burns was ready to go but he was just being "saved" for us. Even after he returned that opening kickoff the first game of his Sr year for 90 yards for a TD and we were all amped that we would finally get to see him play a full season and live up to that sophomore hype only for his coaches to say right after the game they were going to put him on ice again. And he sat out **** near the entire year. And of course, the rest is history concerning Burns who will probably transfer out of here after this season once Lingard is 100% and Chaney comes onboard. Smh.

I am not implying that is what is going on with Chaney, but I agree with Dmoney, we need to see Chaney carry some kind of load his Sr year.

Advertisement
Back