Don Chaney picking up where he left off

How? All we were told for 2 years was that Burns was ready to go but he was just being "saved" for us. Even after he returned that opening kickoff the first game of his Sr year for 90 yards for a TD and we were all amped that we would finally get to see him play a full season and live up to that sophomore hype only for his coaches to say right after the game they were going to put him on ice again. And he sat out **** near the entire year. And of course, the rest is history concerning Burns who will probably transfer out of here after this season once Lingard is 100% and Chaney comes onboard. Smh.

I am not implying that is what is going on with Chaney, but I agree with Dmoney, we need to see Chaney carry some kind of load his Sr year.
Carry some type of load behind Belen Jesuit 225-250 pound lineman? I’ll pass on that idiotic idea. Chaney will be more than fine with low mileage rate by the time he gets to Miami. How you think Kevin Durant got hurt last year? Because he played on a strained calf muscle injury that got worse and eventually had an Achilles injury because of it. This hamstring issue has bothered Chaney since track this spring, flared up at paradise camp and a little at the opening. Bothered him again vs Columbus. The worst thing you can do is overwork it in a meaningless game for his future when you know belen doesn’t stand any chance vs Columbus

Last edited:
Advertisement
Potential is there, but he has questions for sure. I just don't see the can't miss potential a lot see. I think all the FL backs this year have those questions. Last year's crop at the top was better IMHO. Cain though wasn't a FL native, so maybe I'm wrong in that.

Carry some type of load behind Belen Jesuit 225-250 pound lineman? I’ll pass on that idiotic idea. Chaney will be more than fine with low mileage rate by the time he gets to Miami. How you think Kevin Durant got hurt last year? Because he played on a strained calf muscle injury that got worse and eventually had an Achilles injury because of it. This hamstring issue has bothered Chaney since track this spring, flared up at paradise camp and a little at the opening. Bothered him again vs Columbus. The worst thing you can do is overwork it in a meaningless game for his future when you know belen doesn’t stand any chance vs Columbus

Lol. Again. We heard this same BS from Burns. You are proving my point.. If he can’t stay healthy going up against kids who aren’t going to even be playing football past HS, how will he going up against college level guys?

And are you really comparing NBA, world class athletes to HS kids who are more likely to get an academic scholarship then football one? Lol!! Come on man. Nobody is saying run him 30 times a game. I’m just agreeing with DMoney that Chaney needs to work on his durability at the HS level and prove he can carry the load.

Burns played like 3 games his senior year. I actually think Chaney had more carries in that game then Burns did his senior year. Talk about going overboard. Guys he’s a heck of a lot closer to Cook than he is Burns. You guys sound like he’s maybe not a take with this durability talk. Kids a stud.

Lol. Again. We heard this same BS from Burns. You are proving my point.. If he can’t stay healthy going up against kids who aren’t going to even be playing football past HS, how will he going up against college level guys?

And are you really comparing NBA, world class athletes to HS kids who are more likely to get an academic scholarship then football one? Lol!! Come on man. Nobody is saying run him 30 times a game. I’m just agreeing with DMoney that Chaney needs to work on his durability at the HS level and prove he can carry the load.

I think it's a little overboard Chaney has seen more action in one game than Burns did his entire career at Gulliver...

Advertisement
Lmao at the durability nonsense with Chaney.

If someone whacks you with a paddle a hundred times instead of 40 it doesn't build an immunity in you. It hurts the same every time and only increases the chances of you getting seriously injured by one of the extra sixty.

He wont get more durable by running him into the ground. Durability is generally a product of great genes, excellent training and a ton of luck.

Giving Chaney an extra 150 carries his senior year decreases his chance of injury at the next level exactly 0%.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Chaney has had that hamstring issue since track season and paradise camp too and it flared up again yesterday. And just my take id rather he nurse then try and compete in meaningless game that could get out of hand. So times those type of injuries turn into something else if you keep playing on it constantly

View attachment 94685

You got to love this statement from chaney

I couldnt see who the call was on, but that ref took what couldve been a more compelling belen-columbus game and just gave it no shot

B0CA001E-2A81-4A77-9064-957B99B3997B.jpeg

Chaney is an ELITE NFL caliber back, but the recruiting sites keep dropping him because he's staunchly committed to Miami.

Guarantee you if he were committed to Bama, Clemson, UGA or some school like that he'd be the #1/2 back in the Nation.
This all day. Kid is a stud, forget what the biased recruiting services think.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back