Don Chaney picking up where he left off

Advertisement
Chaney is an ELITE NFL caliber back, but the recruiting sites keep dropping him because he's staunchly committed to Miami.

Guarantee you if he were committed to Bama, Clemson, UGA or some school like that he'd be the #1/2 back in the Nation.
Preach.
4 star my ***.
Just like all the 5 star dudes out of this area. We’ve all known about him since jit days when everyone said he got next.

Last edited:
Chaney is an ELITE NFL caliber back, but the recruiting sites keep dropping him because he's staunchly committed to Miami.

Guarantee you if he were committed to Bama, Clemson, UGA or some school like that he'd be the #1/2 back in the Nation.
Yeah we know we got an elite back. Don’t even care anymore because they will keep doing it at this point

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah we know we got an elite back. Don’t even care anymore at this point because they will keep doing it at this point
Oh believe me I know, I never care, I just like to point it out to show people that think recruiting sites are the gospel.

This sh*t is all just backroom politics bruh. Call me a homer Idgaf, there's only 2 backs in this class on an equal level to Chaney, he's without a doubt a Superstar talent.

Advertisement
He should transfer tomorrow to Columbus to play or sit out the rest of the season.
Yeah Belen offensive line and just the talent around him ain’t cutting it. But Chaney is a loyal guy.

He finished with 17 carries 61 yards. But it looks like he had 2 tds called by a 5 yard run and a 58 yard td run. Would have finished with 19 carries 124 yards. Belen was massively overmatched trying to block Columbus defense who had multiple power 5 guys on there. Elijah Roberts um commit and Ishmael the de who will be a top 150 guy in the 2021 class just on the dline alone.

Advertisement
Chaney is a Dalvin Cook-type talent but he needs to get more durable at the college level. He is not a workhorse at this stage.

Interesting take... Obviously I'm not close to the situation. Does this kid get pampered by his dad and Belen coaches?

Chaney is a Dalvin Cook-type talent but he needs to get more durable at the college level. He is not a workhorse at this stage.
You've seen him more times than I have and I'm curious. Can you expand on the workhorse view?

Advertisement
You've seen him more times than I have and I'm curious. Can you expand on the workhorse view?

He has a very low usage rate for a player of his caliber. It is puzzling to me that he doesn’t return kicks, play some safety or at least carry it 20+ times given Belen’s usual workload for its best players.

I used to think it was due to coaches protecting him for college, but he was pulling himself out yesterday. My hope is that once he gets to college and plays with other good players, he pushes it to another level. His talent is insane.

Advertisement
Back