Don Chaney 2020 (video)

Like I said..you probably thought a kid like Gus was a “jag” LOL..that’s a statement..and my stance on all 3 backs is clear. In 2020 cam was the best back. Rooster and Chaney have to put it together. But the talents are undeniable. Rooster struggled with patience and vision at times..Chaney just had some footwork nuances and pass pro to get squared away (he admitted to such)..each one can get it done here any given game and each can play at the next level...and If the oline comes along in the run game it will only help them shine
Gus was a Jag. Lol your way into proving he wasn’t. He stunk for 3years and transferred

Advertisement
Cam was our best back last year. I believe Chaney will be our best back this year. Both things can be true.
Cam was the first half of the season but Chaney had the light go on and eventually caught him. He also had started to build up his strength and getting close to where he was before surgery. Watch this year with a full off season of s/c. **** is going to get real.

Don Jr is the best & most complete RB on the team.

We tried to tell folks...

I love Cam more than most on here & I think Rooster can be a good back too, but Chaney is the one that has star quality, he’s a cut above the rest imo.

I’m a big believer in Thad too, I just don’t think he’ll get a bunch of carries as a TF, but down the line I think he’ll emerge as the RB1 once Don hits the league.
I think both Fr backs will get carries. But yeah , boar , liberty and Cribby have been leading the Don JR train.

Cam was the first half of the season but Chaney had the light go on and eventually caught him. He also had started to build up his strength and getting close to where he was before surgery. Watch this year with a full off season of s/c. **** is going to get real.
cam also hurt his knee in the endzone i think against louisville. he wasn't the same the balance of the year.

Advertisement
Regardless of who the feature backs are, we gotta squeeze a lil' more out of the running game.

I know some of y'all think Lashlee is "DA' GAWWWWWD!!!", LOL, but there's absolutely no excuse for Harris & Chaney only having 12 carries between em' in the bowl game, none.

And for goodness sake, R...U...N...O...U...T...S...I...D...E...Z...O...N...E...!...!...!

His was a jag. Don’t rewrite history; he STUNK while here and yea I’m still pleasantly surprised he had a post college career. I don’t follow or watch the nfl so I have no idea how it tranlasted

I don’t doubt cam will get a crack but at best he’s an average college rb. Rooster probably will get a crack too cuz he’s at the U but be honest with yourself neither are as good as mike james and he went 6th round
Not rewriting history. He came in as TF had Duke in front avg 5 yds a pop. Soph year almost 6 ypc. Then had the lis fracture in his foot jr yr. Then had to work his way back and had Walton and yearby in front . His JR year Idc what anyone says he should’ve been playing ahead of Joe but still avg 5 ypc....in the league now he’s had 3 700 plus szn avg 5 ypc as the 2nd guy behind mark. His sr year he should’ve been right behind Mark at the Least

this were the fan favorites come into play. Because had this been a 4 or 5 star kid from Florida y’all would’ve been clamoring “look what we hid on the depth chart” and how he was misused while here. **** y’all did that for kid who had like 15 carries here because he was a 5 star. Even had fans wishing him well at UF just so they could **** on the staff they believed did him wrong.

now to say neither of cam, Rooster, and Don are not as talented as Mike James who never cracked 700 yards in college or double digits tubs ..cam did that just this szn..that’s just absurd. Each is easily on that level and barring injury each will play on Sunday..BTW Gus proved to better then Mike too

Duke and especially Gore had MUCH better OLs to run behind...
True..but both came in as better RBs as True freshman then Don. I think a lot of that had to do with Don playing in that wing T at belen but it’s still the truth
Gus was a Jag. Lol your way into proving he wasn’t. He stunk for 3years and transferred
look up the actual numbers in a limited role and what actually happened while he was here. Lingard is what I consider a JAG. Derrin Thomas a JAG. What dude is doing in the league rn Proves otherwise

Regardless of who the feature backs are, we gotta squeeze a lil' more out of the running game.

I know some of y'all think Lashlee is "DA' GAWWWWWD!!!", LOL, but there's absolutely no excuse for Harris & Chaney only having 12 carries between em' in the bowl game, none.

And for goodness sake, R...U...N...O...U...T...S...I...D...E...Z...O...N...E...!...!...!
Being down 21 -0 befor the popcorn machine is ready had a lot to do with that..and outside zone certainly kills in madden OGG

Advertisement
True..but both came in as better RBs as True freshman then Don. I think a lot of that had to do with Don playing in that wing T at belen but it’s still the truth

look up the actual numbers in a limited role and what actually happened while he was here. Lingard is what I consider a JAG. Derrin Thomas a JAG. What dude is doing in the league rn Proves otherwise
Gus never got a fair shot here. The staff acted like Walton was Marshall Faulk lol, I never got it.

Gus never got a fair shot here. The staff acted like Walton was Marshall Faulk lol, I never got it.
Exactly lol. I understood when Duke was the bell cow his TF and soph years, 2 very productive years by Gus as well in a limited role...but it was like as soon as Joe and mark got on campus they was anointed by fans as well..that’s that dade county bias lol . Especially Joe. Gus JR year he broke his foot in Spring or camp but his SR he didn’t get no burn but when he did he looked on par with Mark

I liked walton but I never got why richt favored him so much. Seemed like Richt would keep marching him out there so he could run right into the backs of the OL lol

Advertisement
I liked walton but I never got why richt favored him so much. Seemed like Richt would keep marching him out there so he could run right into the backs of the OL lol
Walton never blew me away , when I saw the hs film I was like “ I don’t get it”. I guess he was the south Florida darling.

Advertisement
Listen here bud Chaney's TF tape wasn't enough to make me think that Thad or Brown or Knighton aren't capable of progressing right past him and relegating him to third string or lower. RBs in particular explode off the screen almost immediately and whatever you want to say about Chaney his tape aint that. So uncs stay in your lane cause I've watched plenty of ball

That is why I posted the Duke tape, because that tape shows what a junior draft entry with a long term future in the NFL looks like as TF.
Young man, that is no way to talk to your Uncle Francis who is only trying to help give you some perspective on this issue. You say that You have watched plenty of ball yet you obviously lack perspective. Take it from my man @Liberty City El . He has watched far more ball than you and he can see clearly the value that Chaney brings. One more thing son. You want me to stay in my lane? Well this board is my lane. You need to learn a little humility and maybe a bit of a sense of humor. It's all good though. We've all been through it. Experience truly is the best teacher.

Exactly lol. I understood when Duke was the bell cow his TF and soph years, 2 very productive years by Gus as well in a limited role...but it was like as soon as Joe and mark got on campus they was anointed by fans as well..that’s that dade county bias lol . Especially Joe. Gus JR year he broke his foot in Spring or camp but his SR he didn’t get no burn but when he did he looked on par with Mark
by the fans? Sure there was a bunch of them.

But the coaches made that call. I remember Thomas Brown realizing after a big time late season performance by Gus he had f*cked up and admitting it. It's too bad because by then Gus was as good as gone.

Advertisement
Back