Don Chaney 2020 (video)

by the fans? Sure there was a bunch of them.

But the coaches made that call. I remember Thomas Brown realizing after a big time late season performance by Gus he had f*cked up and admitting it. It's too bad because by then Gus was as good as gone.
Yup. And They tried to switch it late in the szn once they got wind that Gus was thinking about bouncing. I’m not even say it was gross mismanagement because I thought all mark and Gus were close in talent. But once healthy he should’ve been getting those Change of pace carry’s off joe

Advertisement
Gus never got a fair shot here. The staff acted like Walton was Marshall Faulk lol, I never got it.
The overhyping of Mark Walton is one of the weirder things I've ever seen as a Canes fan.

The coaching staff had an unhealthy love for Walton, and most fans did too.

Yup. And They tried to switch it late in the szn once they got wind that Gus was thinking about bouncing. I’m not even say it was gross mismanagement because I thought all mark and Gus were close in talent. But once healthy he should’ve been getting those Change of pace carry’s off joe

Gross mismanagement might be too much, but no question it was mismanagement.

Gus only got carries late in the year because halfway through the season Yearby had the audacity to say "hey Coach Richt, I know you're in love with Walton and all, but since I've outplayed him all last year and this year, think I could get some more carries?"

So Yearby got benched and the coaches knew he was leaving. Gus, who got no carries early in the year, only got carries late in the year to try and keep him from transferring, but it was already too late.

Advertisement
Back