Don Chaney 2020 (video)

You do realize the OL and WR were far better then than now so there was a lot more room for those RB's to run. Chaney is just scratching the surface of what he could be.
I'd argue the highlights that lift Gore and Duke a notch above Chaney involve quite a bit of contact. Not gaping holes running untouched behind elite O lines and through empty boxes.

I stated before you can compare a play in Chaney's highlight @1:39 that was a routine house call for Duke as a TF.

Elite is elite, ****** OL or not. Guys with "it" take **** to the house if they get even a glimmer of opportunity.

I'm not bashing Chaney, the kid played well with an injury most of the season. The OP was his highlight, my comments represent establishing a standard for expectations. Based on his TF highlight my expectations for him are less than Gore and Duke, that is all.

Advertisement
lol Smh here y’all go with the fan favorites ****..stats and facts don’t matter on here...bottomline we have 3 future NFL backs. Most upside as a all around guy is don imo..Jaylan has a lot of kamara in him just needs the game to slowdown a bit. Cam is steady and can hit the HR as well...the key will be the line. Any one of the 3 can get it done any given weeek if the line is on point.

lol Smh here y’all go with the fan favorites ****..stats and facts don’t matter on here...bottomline we have 3 future NFL backs. Most upside as a all around guy is don imo..Jaylan has a lot of kamara in him just needs the game to slowdown a bit. Cam is steady and can hit the HR as well...the key will be the line. Any one of the 3 can get it done any given weeek if the line is on point.
Take of the cane shades....we have POTENTIALLY 1. And it’s Don

I’m not including the freshmen

Advertisement
Take of the cane shades....we have POTENTIALLY 1. And it’s Don

I’m not including the freshmen
Yea you probably thought A guy like Gus Edwards was a “jag” too lol . A guy like cam will get a crack at it. Rooster **** sure will get a crack at it (off potential). And Don will for sure (again potential). Hopefully they can have a szn where they aren’t constantly getting contact within 1 yard of the LOS

My point was we have crowned many players as the next in line and seen their careers never materialize.

I watched Chaney's tape and I was encouraged but I also watched Frank Gore run as a TF and remember how ridiculous Duke was as a TF. So the point was to offer perspective. Chaney looked good but he didn't explode off the screen like Gore or Duke who are my personal favorite TF rbs to have watched.

Are Chaney and Duke similar backs? No, but I'd trade Chaney for another Duke right now. Hopefully he proves me wrong, seems like he is working as hard as he can to take the next step.
Duke and especially Gore had MUCH better OLs to run behind...

Advertisement
Yea you probably thought A guy like Gus Edwards was a “jag” too lol . A guy like cam will get a crack at it. Rooster **** sure will get a crack at it (off potential). And Don will for sure (again potential). Hopefully they can have a szn where they aren’t constantly getting contact within 1 yard of the LOS
His was a jag. Don’t rewrite history; he STUNK while here and yea I’m still pleasantly surprised he had a post college career. I don’t follow or watch the nfl so I have no idea how it tranlasted

I don’t doubt cam will get a crack but at best he’s an average college rb. Rooster probably will get a crack too cuz he’s at the U but be honest with yourself neither are as good as mike james and he went 6th round

Last edited:
My point was we have crowned many players as the next in line and seen their careers never materialize.

I watched Chaney's tape and I was encouraged but I also watched Frank Gore run as a TF and remember how ridiculous Duke was as a TF. So the point was to offer perspective. Chaney looked good but he didn't explode off the screen like Gore or Duke who are my personal favorite TF rbs to have watched.

Are Chaney and Duke similar backs? No, but I'd trade Chaney for another Duke right now. Hopefully he proves me wrong, seems like he is working as hard as he can to take the next step.
I understand my friend but I don't get why Duke is even relevant to the discussion. You love Duke and I get that but like you said Duke and Don Cheney are completely different backs. Duke already had his time here so just sit back and enjoy watching these kids. Also Cheney isn't the only RB on the roster. We have Knighton and Harris obviously plus Franklin and Brown so like I said sit back and enjoy. They are all young except for Harris so enjoy watching these kids develop right before your eyes.

In terms of crowning players I want to you to listen to your Uncle Francis because I'll never lie to you. You understand now that when you talk about players being "crowned" that nobody is actually being "crowned" because that term refers to message board opinion right? Well then you can stop worrying about players being prematurely "crowned" because in reality it means nothing but the general consensus on this message board at the time. That means that it doesn't matter who gets "crowned" because all it is is a group opinion which has no bearing at all on the real world. So let people "crown" whoever they want and if they end up being wrong then you can tell them about it. Am I right? Of course I am. See? There is nothing to fret over. Like I said, Uncle Francis will never steer you wrong. Aren't you glad we had this talk? I know I am.

This is my guys year , it’s his time.
Don Jr is the best & most complete RB on the team.

We tried to tell folks...

I love Cam more than most on here & I think Rooster can be a good back too, but Chaney is the one that has star quality, he’s a cut above the rest imo.

I’m a big believer in Thad too, I just don’t think he’ll get a bunch of carries as a TF, but down the line I think he’ll emerge as the RB1 once Don hits the league.

Advertisement
Also you posting style is ******* GHEY! Make a statement and be a man and stand behind it. Everybody and their grandmother has seen and is tired of the bull**** John Oliver and every other late night hack style of make statement, lol then hide behind the supposed “joke”. You’re not quirky or witty; you just sound like a child when you use that format. “Oh you thought Gus was a bum, lol, now here’s a serious statement hidden behind said joke so you can’t respond seriously because it’s just a joke bro”.

Also you posting style is ******* GHEY! Make a statement and be a man and stand behind it. Everybody and their grandmother has seen and is tired of the bull**** John Oliver and every other late night hack style of make statement, lol then hide behind the supposed “joke”. You’re not quirky or witty; you just sound like a child when you use that format. “Oh you thought Gus was a bum, lol, now here’s a serious statement hidden behind said joke so you can’t respond seriously because it’s just a joke bro”.
Like I said..you probably thought a kid like Gus was a “jag” LOL..that’s a statement..and my stance on all 3 backs is clear. In 2020 cam was the best back. Rooster and Chaney have to put it together. But the talents are undeniable. Rooster struggled with patience and vision at times..Chaney just had some footwork nuances and pass pro to get squared away (he admitted to such)..each one can get it done here any given game and each can play at the next level...and If the oline comes along in the run game it will only help them shine

I understand my friend but I don't get why Duke is even relevant to the discussion. You love Duke and I get that but like you said Duke and Don Cheney are completely different backs. Duke already had his time here so just sit back and enjoy watching these kids. Also Cheney isn't the only RB on the roster. We have Knighton and Harris obviously plus Franklin and Brown so like I said sit back and enjoy. They are all young except for Harris so enjoy watching these kids develop right before your eyes.

In terms of crowning players I want to you to listen to your Uncle Francis because I'll never lie to you. You understand now that when you talk about players being "crowned" that nobody is actually being "crowned" because that term refers to message board opinion right? Well then you can stop worrying about players being prematurely "crowned" because in reality it means nothing but the general consensus on this message board at the time. That means that it doesn't matter who gets "crowned" because all it is is a group opinion which has no bearing at all on the real world. So let people "crown" whoever they want and if they end up being wrong then you can tell them about it. Am I right? Of course I am. See? There is nothing to fret over. Like I said, Uncle Francis will never steer you wrong. Aren't you glad we had this talk? I know I am.
Listen here bud Chaney's TF tape wasn't enough to make me think that Thad or Brown or Knighton aren't capable of progressing right past him and relegating him to third string or lower. RBs in particular explode off the screen almost immediately and whatever you want to say about Chaney his tape aint that. So uncs stay in your lane cause I've watched plenty of ball

That is why I posted the Duke tape, because that tape shows what a junior draft entry with a long term future in the NFL looks like as TF.

Advertisement
The issue for Duke was he tried to bulk up to be an every down guy and that was never going time it for him. If you look back there were lots of runs where Duke got caught or didn’t house a run we thought he should have. Duke was our Reggie bush we just never had lendale white.
Rooster has Don and Don has rooster. Then you toss in Thad or Brown and you even have the thumper types. I hope Don just work on being Don. Be healthy, get stronger and faster. Don’t try to be a scatback (rooster) or a power back. Don has the build and speed to be the best since mcGahee in my opinion as he has the three down build.
Time will tell I suppose.

Listen here bud Chaney's TF tape wasn't enough to make me think that Thad or Brown or Knighton aren't capable of progressing right past him and relegating him to third string or lower. RBs in particular explode off the screen almost immediately and whatever you want to say about Chaney his tape aint that. So uncs stay in your lane cause I've watched plenty of ball

That is why I posted the Duke tape, because that tape shows what a junior draft entry with a long term future in the NFL looks like as TF.
Chaney missed most of his off season workouts with shoulder surgery. Yet as the year went on he started separating as the best Rb. Which is unreal , a kid showing up and stepping into action with not much s&c is just absurd. Guys like this don’t come along too often. On the field and off. Anyone who comes into contact with him says “ he’s special”. His ceiling is a higher than dukes. And that’s coming from a duke fan. Chaney will be a 210-215 pound tank this year , that runs physical as **** with legit 4.48 speed .

Last edited:
We have some special RBs. I’ll put our group up against anybody’s in CFB including Bama, OSU and Clemson. Each one has star potential.

Now of the bunch, Chaney is the most complete. Kid has the size, strength, speed and intangibles that you don’t find very often. He could play at 225 lbs and literally destroy defenses with his combo of speed and power. He’s a workhorse that would fit Saban’s system perfectly.

We are very fortunate to have this kid, and I can’t wait to see him take that next step.

Chaney missed most of his off season workouts with shoulder surgery. Yet as the year went on he started separating as the best Rb. Which is unreal , a kid showing up and stepping into action with not much s&c is just absurd. Guys like this don’t come along too often. On the field and off. Anyone who comes into contact with him says “ he’s special”. His ceiling is a higher than dukes. And that’s coming from a duke fan. Chaney will be a 210-215 pound tank this year , that runs physical as **** with legit 4.48 speed .
Yes sir. Kid is special. When the game starts to slow down for him he's going to dominate.

Advertisement
Back