Don’t worry Mario is addressing the QB room

Emory Williams is not a project. He was a **** good recruit. Qualified for the Elite 11.

As well, he played admirably in his one start here against the best defense the Canes have faced this season.
He was a 3 star - 88 rating by 247. 31st rated QB. Perhaps on some other site he was a 4 star.

Advertisement
He was a 3 star - 88 rating by 247. 31st rated QB. Perhaps on some other site he was a 4 star.

No. Star ratings mean nothing. He qualified for the Elite 11. Granted, the Elite 11 expanded to 20 this past year, but that means that Emory was one of the 20 best high school QB's in the country last year.

Moreover, we have actual data. The kid started a game against the best defense we've faced this season and performed admirably. Completed 73% of his passes, 1 TD, 1 Int (on a poor route by J. George). He moved the team when needed.

If Cafecito Morono would just play the kid, people would all see what he brings to the table.

Advertisement
No. Star ratings mean nothing. He qualified for the Elite 11. Granted, the Elite 11 expanded to 20 this past year, but that means that Emory was one of the 20 best high school QB's in the country last year.

Moreover, we have actual data. The kid started a game against the best defense we've faced this season and performed admirably. Completed 73% of his passes, 1 TD, 1 Int (on a poor route by J. George). He moved the team when needed.

If Cafecito Morono would just play the kid, people would all see what he brings to the table.
Here We Go Again GIF

This is one where i dont get all the Mario hate. NO QB WAS GOING TO TRANSFER HERE WITH TVD AS QB1. Who the F would come here to be the back-up behind a top 10 college QB, future NFL QB that Bama wanted (thats what TVD was before this meltdown. Crazy i know but 100% true).

We will clearly hit the portal hard this year for QB1 to compete against Emory next year.

We hit the portal hard for WR1, DTs and CBs too…

And here we sit with an “elite” recruiter…

Advertisement
What we know:
- Jacurri Brown - project
- Emory Williams - project
- Judd Anderson - project

This is what this ******* has coming back that we know. Sure portal is there but we aren’t landing anyone elite after what Dawson and Mario are showing. So his plan to remedy this is to have THREE project QBs on the roster and that’s if Jacurri doesn’t also leave which I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he did.
Im perfectly fine with signing a free agent proven QB each year in the off-season. Poor QB recruiting can no longer be an excuse for a poor offense. You can literally go out and grab a serviceable starter every portal period. Look at who was available last season. Some are definitely better then the others but with our bags and location we should be able to land a quality QB. The only issues I could see arising is that maybe these QBs don't want to play for Mario.

Sam Hartman
Devin Leary
Kedon Slovis
Spencer Sanders
Jack Plummer
Tanner Mordeicai
Graham Mertz
Payton Thorne
Emory Jones

PLEASE don't let this get beyond our little circle of CIS trust but I've personally been reaching out to Tate Forcier. There's mutual interest, gentlemen.

Advertisement
The best we got out of that was a solid rotation guy in Deen. Everything else was a miss. Really reassuring for this QB savior.
Brennan Armstrong & some random undersized CUSA PFF all star DT are gonna be absolute game changers for us next year. You just wait on the spring reviews.

Im perfectly fine with signing a free agent proven QB each year in the off-season. Poor QB recruiting can no longer be an excuse for a poor offense. You can literally go out and grab a serviceable starter every portal period. Look at who was available last season. Some are definitely better then the others but with our bags and location we should be able to land a quality QB. The only issues I could see arising is that maybe these QBs don't want to play for Mario.

Sam Hartman
Devin Leary
Kedon Slovis
Spencer Sanders
Jack Plummer
Tanner Mordeicai
Graham Mertz
Payton Thorne
Emory Jones
You forgot Brennan Armstrong and Hudson Card on your list of terrible ****** Quarterbacks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back