Don’t worry Mario is addressing the QB room

Advertisement
We are using our NIL money on CBs and DTs……
Money Management GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Advertisement
We just got the number 1 juco ol committed, got Cooper, Mauinoa, Okunlola, returning. Look at our returning backs with Fletcher, Citizen, etc. There is a foundation that a QB can look at as insurance that he doesn't have to carry the offense by himself, just manage it. That in my view pretty attractive. Of course, this assumes we don't see an exodus through portal and current recruits bailing.
Ya that is always a concern with the transfer portal these days. Would love to see the majority of these guys stick around and not run to the portal or even the borderline guys declare for the draft. Schedule looks pretty nice next yr. Get a solid QB and try to go on a run

What qb would not like the oline and stable of backs we'll have?
It's the wrs OC and the system Mario dictates that forces Bro ball physicality with the refusal to spread teams out. No qb or wr wants to come here and throw 20x a game. Wrs catching 3 balls for 30 yds. Kiss guys like J. Smith goodbye every yr with the inside zone handoffs and simple pass concepts from the same 3 formations.

Advertisement
It's the wrs OC and the system Mario dictates that forces Bro ball physicality with the refusal to spread teams out. No qb or wr wants to come here and throw 20x a game. Wrs catching 3 balls for 30 yds. Kiss guys like J. Smith goodbye every yr with the inside zone handoffs and simple pass concepts from the same 3 formations.

I don't think the bro ball style is the template though. It certainly wasn't at first and we saw plenty of formations and variety in the passing games earlier on the season before TVD started to down slide. The Neanderball style you see now is because of the limitations we are seeing at QB. How else would you explain it?

I don't think the bro ball style is the template though. It certainly wasn't at first and we saw plenty of formations and variety in the passing games earlier on the season before TVD started to down slide. The Neanderball style you see now is because of the limitations we are seeing at QB. How else would you explain it?
I think Mario during the bye week changed the structure and put major restrictions on what calls are made. Several ppl who have connections to the team share the same opinion. Remember no one was hurt going in to the bye week then suddenly the O changed for no reason. Why else would it. Dawson has never run the plays we are running. That's going all the way back to his time at WVU. Watch Houston. Completely different O. Multiple formations.. inside and outside zone runs. Many pass concepts Watch last years games and look at the offense. Weird that it suddenly looks almost the same. Mario playbook

I think Mario during the bye week changed the structure and put major restrictions on what calls are made. Several ppl who have connections to the team share the same opinion. Remember no one was hurt going in to the bye week then suddenly the O changed for no reason. Why else would it. Dawson has never run the plays we are running. That's going all the way back to his time at WVU. Watch Houston. Completely different O. Multiple formations.. inside and outside zone runs. Many pass concepts Watch last years games and look at the offense. Weird that it suddenly looks almost the same. Mario playbook
Really interested in the behind the scene scoop here coming to light in the future. Because from the outside, it really looks like our HC took something that wasn’t at all broken, and tried to fix it by going back to the same style that got the OC canned the year before. Which is absolutely mental. Literally should be fireable with cause and no buyout.

Advertisement

The changes were made for a reason. It wasn't because of too much success and a top 15 or whatever it was offense and TVD's #1 PFF rating. Something obviously happened with TVD that was just kept quiet. Disclosing injuries at Greentree requires level 3 top clearance apparently. At least that's my take. To say Mario just said "F" it and changed it "just because I like bro style, bro" despite we were humming along doesn't make too much sense to me.

The changes were made for a reason. It wasn't because of too much success and a top 15 or whatever it was offense and TVD's #1 PFF rating. Something obviously happened with TVD that was just kept quiet. Disclosing injuries at Greentree requires level 3 top clearance apparently. At least that's my take. To say Mario just said "F" it and changed it "just because I like bro style, bro" despite we were humming along doesn't make too much sense to me.
Changed this drastically. This is an entirely different playbook. I can understand taking out a few throws. Plus why no variety in the run game? Injured qb or not there is no reason for a change there. We are down to 1 run play. Just like last year.🤔

Advertisement
The trick is just to laugh at the incompetence instead of getting mad. I just expect everything to go to **** now.
Yeah I used to lose my **** but now i get slightly sad and then **** post on here and all is right in the world. The apathy is real.

Would a good portal qb even want to risk coming to play for this mess on offense. I guess if the price was right...sucks bc the schedule next year looks extremely favorable

I highly doubt it. Were going to get somebody 2nd string QB with an upside potential. You also gotta factor other school will also be looking for QBs. So were going to get the 8th-14th best QB out of the portal

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back