Domiating in the trenches guys - why the DL is our best unit

Does 2nd and 6 seem really close or is that just how bad our D makes it look

pb5ca ne;2221556 said:
BwnGerLCEAA3e0B.jpg

This hurts my eyes

Advertisement
OP, Golden is still our coach and Mark is still DC. Ted Hendricks, Lester Williams, Jerome Brown, and Dan Stubbs could be lining up on Dline and it would still get raped. Penetration and reaction are not allowed in Al's defense. You must READ! Then linemen dance, LBS drop back farther, and DBs maintain safe distance at all times. I'll agree this is best players on dline we have had but Al has no clue how to use them.

Friend, you may want to change your screen name to "AlGoldenHater." You have become very salty. I hope you can regain some objectivity and acknowledge the awesome job Coach Golden is doing in restocking the team with talented players and solid human beings.

Nope. Al beat the gator so I can't really, really hate him. But he is working his way toward it.

OP, Golden is still our coach and Mark is still DC. Ted Hendricks, Lester Williams, Jerome Brown, and Dan Stubbs could be lining up on Dline and it would still get raped. Penetration and reaction are not allowed in Al's defense. You must READ! Then linemen dance, LBS drop back farther, and DBs maintain safe distance at all times. I'll agree this is best players on dline we have had but Al has no clue how to use them.

Friend, you may want to change your screen name to "AlGoldenHater." You have become very salty. I hope you can regain some objectivity and acknowledge the awesome job Coach Golden is doing in restocking the team with talented players and solid human beings.

Nope. Al beat the gator so I can't really, really hate him. But he is working his way toward it.

Sorry, I missed your second sentence. I was a Golden supporter for first couple years. Actually, he exchanged emails with me several times after the BTW mess. He got max credit from me for the scene with Lewis on the field. Heck, I cried several time seeing pictures of it. BUT over the last couple years of continued attrition and regular excuses that grew to include everyone and everything EXCEPT his defensive ideas, Mark, and Donna my view of him changed. Hearing him blame players, especially guy like Duke, made me do exactly what you suggest. I regained objectivity and now acknowledge my mistake in think Al was more than he is.

I will give you that we have talented players. Please note that the best of those were very early and solid Cane commits like Duke, Flowers and Darling or legacy like KC and Chick. Al's attrition rate, a very objective statistical measurement, is horrific. Departures have been from lack of talent, moral issues, grades, and other reasons. I am not sure you can make an objective argument that Al is restocking as you claim.

Listen, the guy showed some things that marked him as a good guy. But as things got bad for him, a different guy showed up - a mean, blaming, backstabbing, prideful dude. This is football and we might overlook that if he won, but on top of those distasteful character issues, he is also a loser. You are religious, I believe, so which thief does Al remind you of more. The one blaming and cursing one, or the Good Thief acknowledging Christ's innocence and only asking to be remembered?

I wish the administration had been merciful and fired Al after the Bowl Game loss to Louisville. Then many of us good have maybe remembered him as merely a well intended good man who was just not up to the challenge. This last year has made that impossible for all but a few. I am not one of them. Two years ago I wrote Al and pleaded with him to demote Mark and hire Butch as DC and recruiting Czar as a move to save his career. He had the muscle to do it at that time. Unfortunately, that is when he stopped replying to my emails.

Thomas-showed almost no flashes last year, had a bad season, we'll see.
Kamalu-is a better pass rusher than Pierre-that's not saying much-so far, as a DT, he has never been more than ordinary.
AQM-didn't play well as a Freshman-might have been a little bit better than Thomas. There is a good chance that Thmas and Muhammad will not play as well as Chickillo and McCord
Wyche-last year was one of the worst DTs to ever play for Miami. He was moving a lot better in the Spring. With a huge improvement he might be mediocre.
Heurtelou-solidly mediocre.
Moten-he and Norten are our most athletically gifted DTs-could be a pleasant surprise.
Jenkins-was sensational the first two games of the season, then played like crap the rest of the year. He was so bad he barely saw the field in the latter part of the season.
Hamilton-I don't think he ever figures.
Harris-showed some flashes against the run-stunk as a pass rusher.
Jackson-???
Moore-up to this point has been absolutely terrible.
King-has been worse than Moore.

There have been some indication that the DL will be more aggressive. I hope its true.

I'm not making predictions either way but your statements on Thomas and Wyche are spot on. Anyone claiming with certainty that either will do anything great this season is relying too much on high school film (Thomas) and flat out hope (Wyche).

Advertisement
It's 2nd and 1. Went back and rewatched the game today. Our alignment isn't out of sorts though for the situation. 2nd and short vs empty and a qb who isn't a running threat, you'll see a lot of 5 man boxes all across the country for that. More times than not it'll be 4 down linemen and 1 backer, but we're an odd front team. So that picture doesn't do much to justify anything.

I have to disagree with the OP and his point saying the dl will be our best group. Although I do think they'll be much improved, our Tight end corp is the clear cut leader for that label right now. They dominated the spring game and were arguably our best group last year as well. Coach Scott does a great job with those kids.

Advertisement
Our DL will be so dominant this year that opposing offenses won't be able to move the ball. We will set a UM record for sacks this season. Here's our leaders for this season:

AQM--18 sacks
Jackson--12 to 15 sacks
Chad--10 to 12 sacks.

It's going to be a feeding frenzy.

Somebody ****** to tell this guy Golden hasn't been fired yet. Maybe if Butch Davis was scheming and coaching this this defense. The current scheme with Al and Donut coaching won't reach 18 sacks together.

Guy's, "3T Anslsysi" guy's is indicating "that" UM is going to "not be" as good in the Offensive trneches THis coming "seasoning" guY's.

GUy's "this guys" Allan Goldman guy's has "miised out" on some "key" recruitings Guy's when It comes "to" this Crucial Needs GUys.

GuY's, "I haven't" doen the 3T anslsysis on the "defensives" tnreches yet GUys' but I will "letting You" guys' know Guy's.

Guy's, "3T Anslsysi" guy's is indicating "that" UM is going to "not be" as good in the Offensive trneches THis coming "seasoning" guY's.

GUy's "this guys" Allan Goldman guy's has "miised out" on some "key" recruitings Guy's when It comes "to" this Crucial Needs GUys.

GuY's, "I haven't" doen the 3T anslsysis on the "defensives" tnreches yet GUys' but I will "letting You" guys' know Guy's.

I've been waiting for some Trench Analysis from BP3TA.

Finally someone on this board who really knows the game and provides the hard hitting analysis

Advertisement
Advertisement

Finally someone on this board who really knows the game and provides the hard hitting analysis

GUys, "I"m just" trying to "Keeping it real" guy's and not "sugar-Coastings" what's Going on with "your" prograsm in the Trneches guy'S.

GUys, "I"m just" trying to "Keeping it real" guy's and not "sugar-Coastings" what's Going on with "your" prograsm in the Trneches guy'S.

NOOOO, my last bastion away from the Sucknuts all around me is gone....

NOOOO, my last bastion away from the Sucknuts all around me is gone....

Guy's, "These guys" coming to the realities that "this guY" Allan Goldman did not having Miami "Elites" in the Trechesn guY'sl.

Advertisement
Back