OP, Golden is still our coach and Mark is still DC. Ted Hendricks, Lester Williams, Jerome Brown, and Dan Stubbs could be lining up on Dline and it would still get raped. Penetration and reaction are not allowed in Al's defense. You must READ! Then linemen dance, LBS drop back farther, and DBs maintain safe distance at all times. I'll agree this is best players on dline we have had but Al has no clue how to use them.
Friend, you may want to change your screen name to "AlGoldenHater." You have become very salty. I hope you can regain some objectivity and acknowledge the awesome job Coach Golden is doing in restocking the team with talented players and solid human beings.
Nope. Al beat the gator so I can't really, really hate him. But he is working his way toward it.
Sorry, I missed your second sentence. I was a Golden supporter for first couple years. Actually, he exchanged emails with me several times after the BTW mess. He got max credit from me for the scene with Lewis on the field. Heck, I cried several time seeing pictures of it. BUT over the last couple years of continued attrition and regular excuses that grew to include everyone and everything EXCEPT his defensive ideas, Mark, and Donna my view of him changed. Hearing him blame players, especially guy like Duke, made me do exactly what you suggest. I regained objectivity and now acknowledge my mistake in think Al was more than he is.
I will give you that we have talented players. Please note that the best of those were very early and solid Cane commits like Duke, Flowers and Darling or legacy like KC and Chick. Al's attrition rate, a very objective statistical measurement, is horrific. Departures have been from lack of talent, moral issues, grades, and other reasons. I am not sure you can make an objective argument that Al is restocking as you claim.
Listen, the guy showed some things that marked him as a good guy. But as things got bad for him, a different guy showed up - a mean, blaming, backstabbing, prideful dude. This is football and we might overlook that if he won, but on top of those distasteful character issues, he is also a loser. You are religious, I believe, so which thief does Al remind you of more. The one blaming and cursing one, or the Good Thief acknowledging Christ's innocence and only asking to be remembered?
I wish the administration had been merciful and fired Al after the Bowl Game loss to Louisville. Then many of us good have maybe remembered him as merely a well intended good man who was just not up to the challenge. This last year has made that impossible for all but a few. I am not one of them. Two years ago I wrote Al and pleaded with him to demote Mark and hire Butch as DC and recruiting Czar as a move to save his career. He had the muscle to do it at that time. Unfortunately, that is when he stopped replying to my emails.