Domiating in the trenches guys - why the DL is our best unit

rok

Great Poster
Now look here...

I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE that the strength of this football team will be the defensive line.

Trench domination is something we haven't had here for several years but the pieces are finally in place.

Word on the street is there will be less two-gapping and these guys will be allowed to actually play football.

Thomas - will be much more effective than Chick
Kamalu - better pass rusher than Pierre
AQM - much better suited for the role than McCord
Wyche - slimmer, stronger, meaner, money on the line
Heurtelou - will only get better and stronger
Moten - most upside of any DL
Jenkins - played surprisingly well as a freshman
Hamilton - has waited his turn, ready to pit it together
Harris - trustworthy, solid, dependable, experienced
Jackson - wildcard, has all the physical tools to be a good pass rusher
Moore - good insurance
King - can help in a pinch

Now, this isn't to say that we're going to stop playing soft zone or that we'll be any more aggressive on defense. We're all aware that Golden and Donofrio are cowards and have very little knowledge and almost no ability to run a successful defense. However, this will be their most talented DL to date.

Advertisement
if we stop 2 gapping and constantly putting DE in zone coverage on a reg yea it will be a strength but the minute a RB makes a big gainer on us he will go back to patty cake ball on the line

BwnGerLCEAA3e0B.jpg

I bring iPod back from America and I get my neighbor iPod mini... because it is for girls!

Advertisement
Last edited:

though we saw this a lot last year there is a no back set there, you should have used the pic with the 4th and 1 with the same look

it's disturbing bc it's a no back set and we have mccord on the slot instead of us being in a dime package

idk if thats mccord it looks like bush

you're looking at the wrong side. they went 4 wide and mccord is over the receiver on the lower half of the screen. and even if that was bush, it would still be the wrong defense to be in unless you're blitzing a db

Last edited:
Advertisement

though we saw this a lot last year there is a no back set there, you should have used the pic with the 4th and 1 with the same look

it's disturbing bc it's a no back set and we have mccord on the slot instead of us being in a dime package

idk if thats mccord it looks like bush

you're looking at the wrong side. they went 4 wide and mccord is over the receiver on the lower half of the screen

yea i edited my post lol, i thought you meant the slot on top, they actually have him on the 2nd which baffles the **** out of me

Everything about that defense, from the alignment to the personnel, is 100% retarded and nonsensical.

Advertisement
Even though McCord was lined up over the slot, that completion was really over Howard.

UM was in a Cover-3, and in Cover-3, the CB is just as responsible for the slot (#2 ), as He is for the WR (#1) He's lined up on.

Anyways, Howard's man ran em' off, and Eli Rogers caught a 23 yard wheel route behind em'. Howard should've passed His WR off to the Safety, and came off on the #2 . But like gfer1988 said, UM should've been in a nickel or dime package...probably one of the reasons Crawford hauled ***.

Advertisement
OP, Golden is still our coach and Mark is still DC. Ted Hendricks, Lester Williams, Jerome Brown, and Dan Stubbs could be lining up on Dline and it would still get raped. Penetration and reaction are not allowed in Al's defense. You must READ! Then linemen dance, LBS drop back farther, and DBs maintain safe distance at all times. I'll agree this is best players on dline we have had but Al has no clue how to use them.

Our DL will be so dominant this year that opposing offenses won't be able to move the ball. We will set a UM record for sacks this season. Here's our leaders for this season:

AQM--18 sacks
Jackson--12 to 15 sacks
Chad--10 to 12 sacks.

It's going to be a feeding frenzy.

Advertisement
Back