Dolphins sucks!

Advertisement
We pass on Canes every year. Then those Canes outperform the guys we draft three rounds earlier. It’s a Dolphins tradition.

We’ve drafted two Canes in the last decade. One became the highest paid DE in history, the other became a 1,000 yard back. And then we stopped drafting Canes.

Tannenbaum is a joke.

Couple of issues with your comments,D Morgan15,message 27.First,30+NFL teams have
a chance at Fl.boys so your chances are less than 1 out of 30 or 3 1/3%.Second,there is a
need factor.Florida is well known when it comes to speedy recievers,DB's and backs.Not known
for bulky DT and OL's.Third,let's conclude that the Dolphins decision makers have seen a So.Fla.
player more often than a player from Washington state.They know the good from the bad;ie
Aaron Hernandez.

Advertisement
We pass on Canes every year. Then those Canes outperform the guys we draft three rounds earlier. It’s a Dolphins tradition.

We’ve drafted two Canes in the last decade. One became the highest paid DE in history, the other became a 1,000 yard back. And then we stopped drafting Canes.

Tannenbaum is a joke.
Come on, D$ we are just being homers, Canes don't produce in the NFL. SMH.

My naive *** really thought we were gonna get Herndon in the 4th. He can run, catch, and BLOCK.

Every opportunity they get to pick a Florida boy they pass on him! They had a chance at Lamar and several others and pass. That’s it.

Besides Lamar, who did you want them to pick that would have been a good value in any of the slots they have draft picks?

I wouldn't have touched Lamar in the 1st. The guy is a few year project and is not a good throwing QB. Running QBs make splash plays in the NFL but also get the snot beat out of them....and ultimately need to throw to win games.

Advertisement
If the franchise was around in 1960 we would have passed on Jim Otto too.
I was a member of an organization called the Dolphin Club formed by Joe Robbie to help promote the new franchise. As I recall I was in Dolphin headquarters when they passed on Hendricks. I think they took Bill Stanfill instead but I may be wrong.

Couple of issues with your comments,D Morgan15,message 27.First,30+NFL teams have
a chance at Fl.boys so your chances are less than 1 out of 30 or 3 1/3%.Second,there is a
need factor.Florida is well known when it comes to speedy recievers,DB's and backs.Not known
for bulky DT and OL's.Third,let's conclude that the Dolphins decision makers have seen a So.Fla.
player more often than a player from Washington state.They know the good from the bad;ie
Aaron Hernandez.

Whatever you say, Mike Tannenbaum.

Man, y’all gotta put some of this homer away. The Canes have put a lot of JAGs in the league the last few years. RJ and Thomas are the only sure bets from this year too.

Last edited:
Our guys have limitations

Walton is coming off an injury
Norton is a one trick pony
RJ must get stronger
Berrios has questionable hands
Herndon is on the slow side
Molten isn't great at anything
Harris is kind of a tweener
McDermott is stiff and skinny downstairs
Darling plays on skates
Badgley can't hit a FG inside 30 yards

I think they're all guaranteed to be at a camp. Staff did a great job extracting all they could from them.

Advertisement
Not sure why people forget but:

- Just signed Frank Gore to be the #2 back
- They drafted Lamar Miller who had very productive seasons here
- Rashawn Scott still on the roster I think
- Traded up to draft Vernon Carey who was productive for a few years
- Had both Jacory and Kyle Wright in camp for a hot minute
- Drafted Yatil Green 1st round who shredded his knee and was a bust
- Drafted Randal Hill who got traded and had a modest NFL career
- Acquired both Craig Erickson and Bernie Kosar who contributed when Marino got hurt
- Mark Caeser played and contributed
- Andre Brown had a decent season or 2 here
- Bobby Harden was a starting safety for a season or 2
- Jay Brophy (LB from first NC team) played in the last super bowl dolphins appeared in.

Then there are a bunch of guys that had brief cups of coffee with the find but didn't do much like Brett Perriman and Cleveland Gary. I'm sure there are also a bunch I'm forgetting. Yes we'd love it if they drafted all the Canes all the time but it doesn't always work like that and to say they've always ignored the Canes just isn't true.

Not sure why people forget but:

- Just signed Frank Gore to be the #2 back
- They drafted Lamar Miller who had very productive seasons here
- Rashawn Scott still on the roster I think
- Traded up to draft Vernon Carey who was productive for a few years
- Had both Jacory and Kyle Wright in camp for a hot minute
- Drafted Yatil Green 1st round who shredded his knee and was a bust
- Drafted Randal Hill who got traded and had a modest NFL career
- Acquired both Craig Erickson and Bernie Kosar who contributed when Marino got hurt
- Mark Caeser played and contributed
- Andre Brown had a decent season or 2 here
- Bobby Harden was a starting safety for a season or 2
- Jay Brophy (LB from first NC team) played in the last super bowl dolphins appeared in.

Then there are a bunch of guys that had brief cups of coffee with the find but didn't do much like Brett Perriman and Cleveland Gary. I'm sure there are also a bunch I'm forgetting. Yes we'd love it if they drafted all the Canes all the time but it doesn't always work like that and to say they've always ignored the Canes just isn't true.

Then with that said they pass on RJ and take another TE. FFS.

Advertisement
Reading comprehension 101.... read every word.... "so far"

Yeah that’s still absolutely a bold statement. Day 3 picks aren’t guaranteed roster spots and don’t cost anything. A bad pick is the guy who gets picked on Thursday, paid millions, then busts.

I mean.. it's ok. He was slated as a 4th and if he can actually block, he'll stick, just wonder about the value and priority. It's like us clamoring to bring in both Mallory and Jordan. Gase figures he has zero viable TEs.

Advertisement
Back