Dolphins sucks!

We pass on Canes every year. Then those Canes outperform the guys we draft three rounds earlier. It’s a Dolphins tradition.

We’ve drafted two Canes in the last decade. One became the highest paid DE in history, the other became a 1,000 yard back. And then we stopped drafting Canes.

Tannenbaum is a joke.
Why say "we" and "we've"... say (they) and (they've) instead. They don't deserve my loyalty.

Advertisement
We pass on Canes every year. Then those Canes outperform the guys we draft three rounds earlier. It’s a Dolphins tradition.

We’ve drafted two Canes in the last decade. One became the highest paid DE in history, the other became a 1,000 yard back. And then we stopped drafting Canes.

Tannenbaum is a joke.
Yea, it's very confusing. Idk if the Dolphins think there's too many distractions in the area but it's somewhat annoying that we don't keep a lot of home grown talent.

Will be interesting in the next few years because the talent at The U will only get better.

Gase and Tannenbaum will be gone after this year. I like Stephen Ross but he is THEE WORST at hiring football people. He keeps going after recycled Bills/Jets front office people. Who then hires an OC who doesn't even cal plays (Philbin).

We gave Gase WAYYY to much power for just 1 season and now all he is doing is bringing these washed up trash former broncos players.

Advertisement
I hope so. They won a total of 1 game the past 2 seasons. Just think; if they win 3 games next year they will win 3 times the games that they won the past 2 years. Getting better is a relative term.

Things in the league can turn over quickly. The Jags sucked until they didn't. The Niners sucked until they didn't. The Rams sucked until they didn't. The exception seems to be the Phins, who have been stuck in perpetual mediocrity.

Gase and Tannenbaum will be gone after this year. I like Stephen Ross but he is THEE WORST at hiring football people. He keeps going after recycled Bills/Jets front office people. Who then hires an OC who doesn't even cal plays (Philbin).

We gave Gase WAYYY to much power for just 1 season and now all he is doing is bringing these washed up trash former broncos players.
You do know Gase is the only safe person on the team right? He isn't going anywhere. Tannebaum can definitely go.

Besides Julius Thomas and Osweiler who else has brought in?

Things in the league can turn over quickly. The Jags sucked until they didn't. The Niners sucked until they didn't. The Rams sucked until they didn't. The exception seems to be the Phins, who have been stuck in perpetual mediocrity.

10-6 in 2016...

Those teams were better at sucking than the fins. The Jags drafted in the top ten from 2007-2017. Fins stay at 7-9,8-8, 9-7, draft from the middle of the field and nothing improves.

Advertisement
Those teams were better at sucking than the fins. The Jags drafted in the top ten from 2007-2017. Fins stay at 7-9,8-8, 9-7, draft from the middle of the field and nothing improves.

That's definitely part of it, but then when we're bad enough to draft high, we get... Dion Jordan.

Solid draft. Knocked the first 5 picks out of the park. Wish we would have taken a DT and maybe another OG.

Advertisement
One decent year doesn't wipe out the surrounding 15 or so..
The Jaguars and Rams have only had one decent year. They could very well falter this upcoming season while the Dolphins could be over .500. The NFL is a cycle.

Not sure why people forget but:

- Just signed Frank Gore to be the #2 back
- They drafted Lamar Miller who had very productive seasons here
- Rashawn Scott still on the roster I think
- Traded up to draft Vernon Carey who was productive for a few years
- Had both Jacory and Kyle Wright in camp for a hot minute
- Drafted Yatil Green 1st round who shredded his knee and was a bust
- Drafted Randal Hill who got traded and had a modest NFL career
- Acquired both Craig Erickson and Bernie Kosar who contributed when Marino got hurt
- Mark Caeser played and contributed
- Andre Brown had a decent season or 2 here
- Bobby Harden was a starting safety for a season or 2
- Jay Brophy (LB from first NC team) played in the last super bowl dolphins appeared in.

Then there are a bunch of guys that had brief cups of coffee with the find but didn't do much like Brett Perriman and Cleveland Gary. I'm sure there are also a bunch I'm forgetting. Yes we'd love it if they drafted all the Canes all the time but it doesn't always work like that and to say they've always ignored the Canes just isn't true.

you forgot that malcom lewis is still on the roster somehow.

Advertisement

The ironic thing is, I actually like Gase as a coach.

But I absolutely hate Tannenbaum and I think he actually will let go of Gase first before actually getting fired. Ross is just a horrible owner in terms of being able to manage his front office.

Advertisement
Back