Does Miami have a chance of making the CFP?

Anything can happen in college football. Look at UCF. College football is the only football that has totally new members every 4 or 5 years so last years teams are not this years teams. Also teams are built two ways, first to beat their conference foes, once accomplishing that they build to win National Championships. Which results in teams being built to beat the top teams...Alabama is a power house team yet Clemson embarrassed them last year. I expect this year every coach of every team that faces Clemson is scrutinizing every play, every formation and figuring ways to beat them. Also teams copy the top teams like teams copied our speed. Also throw in the luck factor, weak schedules and a team goes undefeated, no injuries, or even the way a football bounces. If our 1986 team played PSU 10 times they would win 9 but not at the Fiesta Bowl where we dominated but lost. Our chances are better than most of college football.
Our ten win season became a disaster when teams learned we could not win throwing the ball and Richt did not adjust, new coach, nes offense, new schemes and we just might get lucky.

UCF hasn't done ****.

Advertisement
UCF hasn't done ****.
UCF went undefeated and got into the conversation and has garnered some respect. Our schedule is likely easier then they had the year they went undefeated, they beat Auburn so we need to beat the gator.

UCF went undefeated and got into the conversation and has garnered some respect. Our schedule is likely easier then they had the year they went undefeated, they beat Auburn so we need to beat the gator.

God stop

Just stop

UCF had a harder schedule than we do this year? What type of crack are you smoking?

Advertisement
On the morning before he sent his sacrificial lambs out to slaughter the butcher, University of Miami coach Howard Schnellenberger gazed out a picture window in his hotel suite high above downtown Miami and wondered aloud if the Nebraska Cornhuskers realized "what a bunch of alley cats they're about to run into." He said he doubted it. He said he doubted a number of things about No. 1-ranked, 12-0 Nebraska, including whether it was as unbeatable as everybody thought. The bookies, for example, had made the Huskers an 11-point favorite. Looking lordly in his Oriental smoking jacket and red felt slippers, Schnellenberger bit down on a bagel and wondered, too, if the Huskers realized they were about to get hit from the heavens by a round-eyed, curly-haired freshman quarterback who talks as if he's 30, thinks as if he's 40 and may not be spacy but is definitely from another world. "I doubt it," said Schnellenberger.

What he didn't doubt was his Hurricanes. "The only thing that worries me," he said, "is that they're so high I have to walk among them like a zombie so they won't get any higher. I mean they are high." He pointed out that the Hurricanes were "about to face the Russian Army, and they don't care. They think they're going to win. And I'm the silly ******* who has everybody around here thinking they will." Schnellenberger smiled. "That's O.K. I think so, too."

Nice post. I have not read that before. Awesome reading, thanks for posting!

E9BFD820-645D-4DBC-BB82-6776E7369BF3.jpeg

Ill have me some of that

Lol you’re right. But I believe it really and im always realistic not a homer at all. I believe because of the way the guys are rallying around Manny, and putting in the extra work on their own.

I still don't buy that Florida is the best team on the schedule. Watch how this season plays out.

Advertisement
Who knows. I do think a one-loss Miami team would get in if it wins the ACC title. And it's way too early to determine what Clemson would look like in December....for all we know they could be dealing with a bunch of key injuries by then while our guys miraculously have remained relatively healthy. And then in the playoff it's just 2 games....whatever team can get hot wins.

One loss ACC champ is an automatic berth.

If Miami doesn’t win the ACCCG, I don’t see how the Canes make the CFP with 1-loss.

I think that’s more reasonable than most think.

We have to get style point wins, no doubt.

Second place PAC 12 team? Nope.

Only real threats in this scenario is a one loss sec team, one loss Ohio state vs Michigan loser, one loss OU vs Texas loser or one loss Notre Dame.

Only one of those scenarios that concerns me is the second 2nd place, one loss sec team.

But all that talk is moot.

We’re not backing into the cfp. We will be ACC Champs!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Even with this being our easiest schedule in ages, it absolutely is not similar or worse than UCF in 2017. The only ranked opponents they played the entire regular season were lowly conference foes Memphis and USF. Garbagio. Our one game against the gator alone is tougher than their entire regular season schedule was.

Advertisement
Back