Does Miami have a chance of making the CFP?

Advertisement
Do we have a chance, of course but don't think it happens. I will be pleased if we win the Coastal. We are a few years from competing for the National Championship.

Y’all act like Clemson can’t be beat ..... yes they have a **** of a team but this why we play the game cause anything can happen. So yes the chances of us beating them might be slim but it can happen . If we go 12-0 I can really see us putting up an fight in the ACCCG. And if it’s close enough and the circumstances are right . We could lose and still get into the playoff

Not exactly, it’s a prop bet. All they’re trying to do is get action on it. He’s a big time transfer and well known on social media. That’s why he’s listed on your prop sheet. Has nothing to do with his actual chances of starting.
I don't really disagree with this, but I do find it telling that there are no odds on N'Kosi to win the Heisman, yet he actually started 6 games for us and, well, he unfortunately is known on social media. Everyone whose name I'm seeing with odds is expected to start at other schools, too.

Advertisement
Y’all act like Clemson can’t be beat ..... yes they have a **** of a team but this why we play the game cause anything can happen. So yes the chances of us beating them might be slim but it can happen . If we go 12-0 I can really see us putting up an fight in the ACCCG. And if it’s close enough and the circumstances are right . We could lose and still get into the playoff
They have established themselves as the gold standard of the Conference and all of College football.
Yes, they are beatable. Their main weakness probably being a whole new front 7 defensively but they always recruit well and their DC is one of the best in the nation.
Their offense is obviously going to be one of the best if not the best in the nation. Their Special teams phase is also better than ours.
We have to see how the season develops but I think it is safe to say it will be a tall task for us to beat them in North Carolina in December.
But first things first. Let's see if the team can get there with one loss or undefeated and see how the chips fall.

I don't really disagree with this, but I do find it telling that there are no odds on N'Kosi to win the Heisman, yet he actually started 6 games for us and, well, he unfortunately is known on social media. Everyone whose name I'm seeing with odds is expected to start at other schools, too.

If we had an Alabama or Clemson OL, he might be getting some long odds. ..but the fact we don't with very inconsistent play from him, no way.

Those odds have gone down substantially. I put in $50 back in June at 100 to 1. Do I think they'll win a natty this year? Heavens no. But at 100 to 1 it was worth the $50 investment to me just in case, and because I do think it's within the realm of possibility even though highly unlikely.

Advertisement
Aside from a Clemson bombshell scandal and self-imposed bowl ban, no.

Goals should be: (1) win costal (2) keep it competitive with clemson in ACCCG (3) beat FSU (4) beat UF. In that order. In fact, I am tempted to put develop a quarterback in there as (1)(a).

I realize the UF hate, but realistically it is an OOC game the 1st week of the season. The CFB world has short memories, especially when a new staff basically has to go on the road against a top 10 team, while potentially breaking in a new QB. Finishing strong is vastly more important than starting strong, so we can keep our recruits. The past few years we've seen what faultering down the stretch does to you.

But no, we are not winning or making the CFP this year.

won't bet on it but there is always a chance.

bunch of if for us...

if OL makes a big improvement .. yes this could be possible
if Enos get QB1 playing like QB1
if we stay healthy overall
if Ford and Nesta make the elite jump
if our kicker is ACC average

if all that happens.. yes we can beat a Clenson team on a bad day and the bounces going our way.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Realistically? No. But it's not out of the realm of possibility. Beat UF, run the table against a pretty crappy schedule, Trevor Lawrence gets hit by a bus, win the ACCCG. Bingo!

If Miami made cfb playoff we'd be the 4 th seed most likely.means we get a rematch with Clemson or Bama.be a good experience for the team but I doubt our team is physically ready for it.I'm happy facing Clemson in acccg allowing our team a long off season making the improvements needed to face both Clemson and bama.to win a nc gonna have to beat both back to back possibly tall order for any team no matter how good it is.

Well if we're going to acknowledge Vegas knows what it's doing re: odds, let's not limit it to just CFP chances.

Tate Martell is the only QB on our roster with odds to win the Heisman. Thus Vegas clearly expects him to start.

What are those odds?

Advertisement
Back