Does Likens feel pressure from fanbase?

Advertisement
Likens gets a pass this year. Didn’t have a real off-season with the group and he didn’t recruit a single one of them. Don’t like ragging on the players, but IMO outside of Wiggins they have improved from last year...that’s how bad they were.

I think people forget how bad we were on offense last year. Outside of king and subtracting Osborn and DJ it’s basically the same group
Had Jeff Thomas still last year too.

Unless coaches spent time on the internet trying to see what the fans are saying, how the *** are they going to feel pressure.
Hardly no fans in the stands and with covid no interaction on campus at all.

All hits no misses
1603983264037.gif

Advertisement
If likens needs the fan base to catch a. spark then get rid of him already. That's pathetic. How he didn't know these guys were/are doing the bare minimum is beyond me. I remember my track coach getting on guys for not lifting weights wtf is this guy doing?

Advertisement
Sounds like a free pass....Go to your job and float that check my resume crap and see wtf happens! I would only hope you have adequate savings.
U sound dumb asf rn..dude been here for half a szn..and y’all blaming him for WRs dropping passs and not creating separation. The same guys who had the same issue last year and had a kid from buffalo come in a take that room over..then y’all making this argument after the room had its best week collectively since they been at Miami..y’all sound uninformed, unaware, and naive

If likens needs the fan base to catch a. spark then get rid of him already. That's pathetic. How he didn't know these guys were/are doing the bare minimum is beyond me. I remember my track coach getting on guys for not lifting weights wtf is this guy doing?

He cashing big checks and loving it! A team holds all of its groups accountable. Personally, I had a sneaking suspicion when I looked at the depth chart and saw harley was the leader of the group.

U sound dumb asf rn..dude been here for half a szn..and y’all blaming him for WRs dropping passs and not creating separation. The same guys who had the same issue last year and had a kid from buffalo come in a take that room over..then y’all making this argument after the room had its best week collectively since they been at Miami..y’all sound uninformed, unaware, and naive

U sound as ignorant as I thought u were. Who is the coach in charge of the position? Who should be held accountable?? A kid from Buffalo trained properly by SOMEONE else had to come in an play hard....why cant our guys play hard?

Advertisement
Advertisement
U sound as ignorant as I thought u were. Who is the coach in charge of the position? Who should be held accountable?? A kid from Buffalo trained properly by SOMEONE else had to come in an play hard....why cant our guys play hard?
See once again you sound dumb and ignorant. Likens has produced NFL WR recently and in his past..this is not madden or NCAA. You can’t make guys make plays. You can’t make guys put in the extra work. A guy like KJ coming from where he came from in HS(doubted) out of south Florida, gets a chance at Buffalo and developed those habits. That’s on the player, not the coach. The common denominator with this WR groups inconsistency is not a coach. Especially after 6 games..and the timing of this argument make zero sense given the performance the WRs had this past week..again y’all sound unaware and ignorant asf for first, reading too much into Harley quote that I can guarantee was relayed to them by the fckin coach the previous week leading up to game that y’all are questioning.

Fans always underestimate how long it actually takes to develop a player and/or break them of their former habits. This isn't Xbox, it's not as simple as handing the controller over to someone else. Any coach in their first season should almost always get a free pass. I don't care if it's a coordinator or position coach. This is not a microwavable process.
I thought Justice touched on that in his interview about Zion as well. He said something like the only coach Zion ever had was Butch, he was careful not to say Butch was **** but did say it was going to take some time to re-teach habits... Actual Quote:

“Coach (Butch) Barry had been his only line coach in college - Zion came in, bought into everything coach Barry was saying, and now here comes someone saying something different, not that it's right or wrong. Now it was harder to change some of his habits, fundamentals, and techniques... "

So y’all really putting this heat on Likens..swear CIS is fool of dumb asses

smh. have you played any Div.1 sport? any sports at all? its not unreasonable for some to ask why isnt a postion coiach aware of what guys are doing during football related activities and in their spare time. Asking how come he wasnt aware that they were doing the bare minimum is a legit question.

If you cannot hold college seniors accountable for their actions, youre a ******* idiot.

They are old enough to understand the concept of extra work. Coaches in the NFL wont run after you and remind you to get an extra lift in.

Advertisement
Back